• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: [39396] Sync bugged - production plundered before it was ready to collect

DeletedUser7779

A guildmate got plundered on live servers 8 seconds before they collected !!!!

Yes.....that's right - their timer showed 8 seconds until collection and in those 8 seconds the production was looted.

Inno what on Earth is that ?!?!!

Apparently client server sync is bugged for some but not for others??

I apologize for not using the proper format but since that's not a bug than can be reproduced by well defined steps, i thought it was unnecessary.

A few other facts to prove that sync is bugged:

1. Aid and visit a friend's tavern at the same time
2. Come back next day
Expected: tavern and aid timer's should be reset at the same time
Observed: Aid timer is delayed by a few mins (and it stacks)

3. Visit same friend manually - manual m/p is possible - but not via the aid button (!!!) Aid timer is delayed by a few mins each day and it stacks.

I currently have 20 mins delay!!!

INNO pls fix this for Christ sake instead of constantly adding new useless stuff

podkap1970

Emperor
old bug since many months
when you donate FPs to a friends GB, via the button close to his portrait, your time do more or less stop (visuall)
you have always do a relog, to get the right time back on your buildings, its Forge of Reloading
the diffrence can be over 10 min sometimes, if you don't relog

DeletedUser7779

I know the issue's been present for months, but this last case is just staggering...
This friend was waiting to collect his palaces only to see that they got plundered before they even popped up! Needless to mention the infinite frustration.

Support on live won't even look into it, all they responded was that it was 'bad luck'......:mad:

And since this issue is so apparent, I thought I'd create a bug report here - hoping to get some attention...

DeletedUser7779

Bump!!!!!

Not even a response from mods?
Is it that normal to have nothing to collect in your city and get plundered nevertheless??
Should it happen a few more times so inno looks into it?
Sync is bugged. Fact. Just like the memory leaks which were ignored and not acknowledged by Inno for such a long time..

DeletedUser7419

Hi,
In order to reset the timers, it is enough to visit a neighbor / friend / guildmate then come back to your city. It is good to do it few minutes before collecting so that you don't get any big difference between the server time and your own.

Each one computer has its own clock speed, it can vary a little tiny bit, which makes few seconds over few hours without refreshing, but then it's only a few seconds over hours, so the problem may come more likely from lags of each one computer / browser / flash plugin, after some time you get late because flash player has several 0,01 second freeze. It is frequent on Java games when the timers are handled by the client (the player) and not force-refreshed by the server each X minutes, it may be the same with Flash.

You can notice this behavior (no refresh from server side) with taverns too, where the icon refreshes only when you interact with the bar, or also with the GB popup which tells you what you get which only appears at login, or if you change screen (go to EG / GvG) then come back to your city.

DeletedUser8461

In this case, the production timer was getting more and more out of sync with each game request, resulting in a growing timer desync when the game was kept open for longer periods of time. It went mostly unnoticed by players and us for years because there are few cases where timings of seconds truly mattered for productions.
I believe that the production timer desync issue was mostly resolved about halfway through August here on Beta, and version 1.108 on live servers.

DeletedUser7779

Sadly, it's not fixed yet. I still notice it on live servers and I don't mean seconds, I mean minutes.
Here a screenshot from last week on live which is speaking for itself....how can I aid and plunder at the same time...:confused:
IMG_20171102_095839_resized_20171102_095918163.jpg

DeletedUser8461

That's a different timer, possibly a different issue entirely, and and also on a different platform. :D I understand why you bring it up though.
I'm talking about the production timers specifically. We've been gradually fixing timers over the last few months, and there are still more timers to fix.

DeletedUser7779

Okay, good to know that at least that is being worked on ;)
Maybe you can look into that issue too though? On app (as shown in screenshot above) both aid and plunder are available at the same time, but on browser it only shows the plunder icon and the timer (e.g. 7 mins) - When you visit the city though with the hope of looting something right before you can attack again, you find out that timer has expired and you can now m/p or attack again - I've been noticing an async of 9 minutes.