• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: [36807] Railgun in battle: Wrong tooltip

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) fight a battle where you and/or the AI has a few railguns in the army
2.) point the mouse over the railgun icons at the bottom bar (do it several times within the battle)
Observed: sometimes the railgun shows a tooltip of an other unit type
Expected: the railgun should always have the tooltip of a railgun

Issue Description (1/10 regarding the railgun icons in the bottom bar; 9/10 regarding the battles, i.e. it happens in most of the battles): some of the railguns in the bottom bar during a battle have a wrong tooltip, see screenshots

Screenshot 1: the Railgun has the tooltip of a Hover Tank (including displaying the stats of a Hover Tank). None of the opponent's Railguns is highlighted (expected: one railgun should be highlighted)
Railgun_Wrong_Tooltip_2.jpg
Screenshot 2: one of my Railguns is showing the tooltip of a Surrogate soldier (note: I did not have any Surrogate in my army at this time, but the opponent has one)
Railgun_Wrong_Tooltip_3.jpg
I guess that a pointer, which is responsible for assigning the tooltips to the units, is not working correctly. Maybe this might also be relevant for the "wrong active/waiting symbol-bug"?

Edit: I just had a case where the tooltip was correct, but the railgun was skipped despite it had an "active" icon. So this is not necessarily the same bug.

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.83.d310a5e (05.08.2016 8:34), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 22,0,0,209, Windows 10, Opera 39.0.2256.48, 1920x942, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found

Edit: NormaJeane - 2016-12-03 - too large image(s), added spoiler tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
*bump*

4 months and counting. A little less Feature-itis and a little more bugfixing please.

DeletedUser

Do you have any additional reproduction steps for this one? We have had difficulty reproducing it.

Andi47

Overlord
Unfortunately not.
Recently I thought killing an enemy unit with the last shot of a battle round would trigger the bug, but next time when I tried to do the same the bug was not triggered.

Maybe I have to kill a certain unit (the one with moves first? ...last? ...Just before the railgun?) triggers the bug?

DeletedUser

Thanks for the additional info Andi. We will keep testing it.