• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected 3 suggestions for new features

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

1. Flat mode

Planning the new location for my buildings is difficult... I have to use Excel sheet
to find out what is the best location for my buildings to get rid of empty spaces as much as possible.
Switching to "Flat mode", which shows all buildings in flat blocks, will make redesigning the city much easier.

2. City Wall

My buildings in the border looks like they are in the wild.
Having a city wall around the border (just for design) will look much better.
Of course the design has to change era to era and turning on/off should be possible.

3. Way to earn Diamond

Diamond features are very powerful, but there should be some way that you can earn the diamond.
Of course with a lot of effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

The flat mode has some appeal to it.

Even if it is just a flat grid ... like today I found I had one square hidden behind an arch free I did not know I had.

DeletedUser

Yep I'm for the flat mode would certainly help although the fading currently in use is ok it can lead as Drew says to odd squares being missed which can in finely balanced cities be the difference between 100% productivity and the bonus of 120%, either that or the transparency of the buildings could be turned up a few notches to almost invisible while in moving or placement mode.

DeletedUser

With point #3 I agree it would be nice to have a way to earn Diamonds or have the option to purchase the tech/building/etc with equivalent cost in resources/goods.

Jules

Squire
Diamonds can be purchased by money when the game is ready for the public, so obviously, there will be no way to earn them through the game.

I think someone from the devs stated somewhere, that they were considering a wall around the city, and in fact, it is a really nice idea :)

DeletedUser

Why "obviously" no way to earn them ingame? I can think of a few games, very similar to FoE, that reward some premium ingame. Having a little bit is a good bait and encourages people to get more (by buying it).

Some FoE quests could reward premium for example.

DeletedUser

It just seems harsh to alienate the younger players/unemployed players/etc and them being penalised due to lack of funds. Looking at most RTS games these are the main pool of players.

Also with the layout and design of the interface I see no space for that other dreaded income for the developers is advertising space.

Jules

Squire
Why "obviously" no way to earn them ingame? I can think of a few games, very similar to FoE, that reward some premium ingame. Having a little bit is a good bait and encourages people to get more (by buying it).

Some FoE quests could reward premium for example.

Yes, you are right, some diamonds to try the premium features would encourage people to buy more.
But, what I meant is that a steady flow of diamonds is hardly possible.

DeletedUser

Yep I agree with it or at a high cost of good/supplies that it makes it hard.

DeletedUser

I am really for the second idea, but, with some extra things, you should upgraded it, and, when you were attackted or something like that, that you can use a bonus from te city wall....

DeletedUser735

i like #3 Option Most , we should be given some way to earn diamonds (not offers) in game way should be there like a building collecting taxes or something even if we didn't have diamonds we should be available to buy the the thing with other resources we have:D

Status
Not open for further replies.