• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

3 day ban

mrbeer

Farmer
Has anyone else experienced this ? I have checked everything at my end and to be clear , I have not changed anything on my browser for a long , long , time. I have never used or would know how to use a " cheat " program . Seems to me to be a detection fault . This is the 2nd time this has happened .

CrashBoom

Legend
the funny thing about those cheat programs is:
they don't look like cheat programs when you find them in the google chrome app store (or firefox extrension store)

they look like very useful helping tools

-Alin-

Emperor
the funny thing about those cheat programs is:
they don't look like cheat programs when you find them in the google chrome app store (or firefox extrension store)

they look like very useful helping tools
There is a issue at the newer bots detection made by InnoGames, my guildmate was banned twice 1 day and 3 days, and later he received a response he was banned by mistake, here in beta.

It didn't happened to me and I do have extensions enabled such as FoE Helper, FoE Info, even used that Forge Commander thingy that could trigger You a ban if You use certain things from it, also I have Logitech Ghub and Razer Synapse always opened and those programs could be used to program mouse macros, so I was more "exposed" than the others to be banned but still it didn't happened to me.

mrbeer

Farmer
I have not installed anything new for a long time . Really nothing has changed . It is a major pain , and , it will not happen again !!!! My limit has been passed .

Atokirina

Squire
Are you using an old version of FOEHelper? If so, that is probably your problem.

Highly doubt it. Forge of Empires has an extremely poor detection system and they aren't investing much in it.

And the FoE-helper extension doesn't do anything that would trigger the detection system. If they wanted to detect stuff from the FoE-helper, they would need to work way too hard on their system.

The detection system hardly gets triggered with advanced auto clickers, don't expect them to develop something that would know when something reads the game data (that's the only thing the FoE-helper does as interaction ~ also the older versions)
That's going from one extreme to the other. The detection system has huge flaws, but then it would be able to do other insane stuff that wouldn't even be of much use in catching cheaters (as reading game data doesn't do any harm - my opinion)?

mrbeer

Farmer
Nope , no FOE helper . No nothing new in the same browser I have been using for years . Not even any new extensions . I go in , collect , sometimes rebuild the city . [ not recently ] . I then play my other 2 cities . This the 2nd time in a month . I am disappointed and angry . It will not happen again .

Highly doubt it. Forge of Empires has an extremely poor detection system and they aren't investing much in it.

And the FoE-helper extension doesn't do anything that would trigger the detection system. If they wanted to detect stuff from the FoE-helper, they would need to work way too hard on their system.

The detection system hardly gets triggered with advanced auto clickers, don't expect them to develop something that would know when something reads the game data (that's the only thing the FoE-helper does as interaction ~ also the older versions)
That's going from one extreme to the other. The detection system has huge flaws, but then it would be able to do other insane stuff that wouldn't even be of much use in catching cheaters (as reading game data doesn't do any harm - my opinion)?
I can't put my finger on them but I remember reading a bunch of posts where players were discussing getting banned for using FOEHelper back before INNO mandated changes to it were implemented (in particular the disabling of the sniper "helper"). Nowadays, FOEHelper seems to be ignored by INNO but, if a player had not permitted the updates to FOEHelper, I would think that they could still run into trouble for using the old variant.

Nope , no FOE helper . No nothing new in the same browser I have been using for years . Not even any new extensions . I go in , collect , sometimes rebuild the city . [ not recently ] . I then play my other 2 cities . This the 2nd time in a month . I am disappointed and angry . It will not happen again .
This is twice that you said "it will not happen again". Seems to me that, unless either figure out the cause (and correct it) or quit playing FOE, it is likely to happen again. What is Support telling you?

mrbeer

Farmer
That's fine and good . But , I have not changed or added anything to the same browser , nor have I ever used a cheat program of any kind at any time . The lack of response from support is even worse . [ There isn't any ] I am all for catching cheaters , but punishing legit players is not acceptable.

Atokirina

Squire
I can't put my finger on them but I remember reading a bunch of posts where players were discussing getting banned for using FOEHelper back before INNO mandated changes to it were implemented (in particular the disabling of the sniper "helper"). Nowadays, FOEHelper seems to be ignored by INNO but, if a player had not permitted the updates to FOEHelper, I would think that they could still run into trouble for using the old variant.

A lot of people also didn't know there was a difference between FoE-helper and FOE Power Tools.
If you search Forge of Empires in the Chrome Web Store, FOE Power Tools is still the first result.

Also, someone reported FoE-helper once to Google, as some revenge thing (development-related), and Google took the extension down in the store for some time. Most likely some people downloaded Power Tools then as they thought that was the FoE-helper.

It is very possible (most likely) that people falsely reported they got banned because of the FoE-helper. If FoE-helper truly caused bans, a lot of people would've been affected at that time.

Grepolis and Tribal wars allow scrips that are reviewed by the support team, and I've never heard of false bans because of scripts that only read data. And I don't think FoE will have another anti-cheat system than Grepolis or Tribalswars where auto-clicking/cheating has a much bigger impact on the game.