• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2022 Wildlife Event

Finkadel

Marquis
Imagine a "zoo" wildlife set! With a lot of different animals so that we could all create our own zoos! Not that they are always great for the animals, especially not cramped ones like a set would be... but still, it's just a game, so I'd love to see something like that :p
Well, I always hated zoo. Those animals are so... sad... So a big no from me.

Finkadel

Marquis
That's you interpreting it wrong.
That's not what I said or implied.

No because negotiations are worse off. Why would you be envious towards something that is worse off?

You keep saying that nonsense. I didn't.
And you saying I did means nothing; you're wrong.

It's just one way Inno could fix their game. Because it's running rampant and is completely unbalanced.
I'm not saying I want that solution perse, but I do want this solved.

Doesn't exist?

Oooh no there's no attack bonuses in the tavern at all. There's no GB's that give you crits, that give you auto kills at the start. Etc.
Come on now... At least TRY and look at this objectively.

Your grasping at straws is tiresome.
It's the way he used the term. His intention was pretty clear.

Fine, then we agree to disagree because I do.

Again with the vegan remarks. Stop it.
This is about playing a game. Something else entirely.

Sigh. I'm NOT.
I want to elevate 'my' playstyle. Big, big, BIG, HUGE, enormous difference.

Anyway, I'm done talking to you two. We disagree and that's fine, but you're disrespectful, you're unwilling to admit you made a mistake with your interpretation of what I said and you're biased and clearly have no intention of discussing this objectively.
Seriously? You think of yourself as misunderstood? What am I to say now, then...?

I think I interpreted your opinions just fine. And not just me - there are some voices in the thread for me, none for you. Still, you don't take them under consideration, like a 5yo. Fine by me, I can't argue with 5yo.

And yes, I will stay with MY opinion of "vegan" playstyle, thank you very much. It seems to be honest comparison, you know - militarylovers vs. peacelovers, meateaters vs. vegans... I like peace and I enjoy vegetable meals very much - yet I do not rush into military cantine while soldiers eating their steaks and tell them I am tired of them and I would like them to make love not war and eat mushroom ravioli instead. That is what you are doing and if you don't see it - I could care nothing less about it, it's your mistake, not mine.

Emberguard

Emperor
The event building is a log?
A really fancy log :p

A "log" with 9 levels.
They grow up so fast. Seemed like yesterday it twas but a little stick ;D

I am rather curious to see what this log will provide my city. Aesthetically I like it, but then I'm not particularly fussed on what buildings they come up with. Is it going to have attacking bonuses to arm my units with weapons? Is it hiding Forge Points? How many goods has a beaver stashed away in this thing?

Emberguard

Emperor
is that a 6x3 building? not common size, only graveyard has it I believe.
Hard to say from the loading screen alone. Those squares are usually inaccurate for measuring size, they're more aesthetic than anything. It'd be more accurate to compare next to other images of buildings in the game

I don't know how this terrible concept building made 30 year old memories emerge. Like seriously inno????? Could you not have focused on the river part. Atradies river would have never batted an eye. Log is ridiculous!

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
Hard to say from the loading screen alone. Those squares are usually inaccurate for measuring size, they're more aesthetic than anything. It'd be more accurate to compare next to other images of buildings in the game
approximated with legendary graveyard (or whatever graveyard is the 6X3) seems to fit with the picture, but wouldn't trust my graphics skills too much ;)
with no choice for top lvl building, let's hope they don't do some stupid "chance of fragments for useless items", it's a nice looking building I'd like to build!

Dessire

Regent
I have never build hagia because it is huge and the return is only mediocre
if you have, for example, 4 TFarms at level 12, that would be 48 FPs in 120 squares. if you want to have most part of your city with attack buildings, you are losing 120 squares. level up your hagia up to 80 (23321 FPs) gives you 48 FPs in 42 squares, then delete the 4 TFarms and you will have 72 free squares to put more attack buildings. if those buildings are 3x3, then you would be able to put 8 more in your city + the roads you can delete because hagia is only 1 building but the TFarms are 4.

people who say "I don't build that due the RoI really don't know how to play this game XD

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
if you have, for example, 4 TFarms at level 12, that would be 48 FPs in 120 squares. if you want to have most part of your city with attack buildings, you are losing 120 squares. level up your hagia up to 80 (23321 FPs) gives you 48 FPs in 42 squares, then delete the 4 TFarms and you will have 72 free squares to put more attack buildings. if those buildings are 3x3, then you would be able to put 8 more in your city + the roads you can delete because hagia is only 1 building but the TFarms are 4.

people who say "I don't build that due the RoI really don't know how to play this game XD

Or they just have a different objective than you in the game. Where FP is a means to whatever their preferred end is up to a point. And once they're past it FP kinda loses meaning. Not everyone's in it to have the highest GBs. In that concept RoI has meaning. Because 3-5 years down the road when you might finally be ahead for having built something, you may no longer care. So a 3 year ROI: not worth it to that player.

There was a time when RoI would've even supported building Hagia btw - probably did around the time you put yours up. Its footprint didn't really used to be much of a consideration - it would've been taking the space of some extra production buildings or some crap. But that doesn't mean the math is the same for a newer player who has yet to build one.

Let's say preconditions for considering building Hagia are to have already done Arc to 80, have access to a 1.9, and have done Cape Canaveral to 60-70 as well because it does the same thing as Hagia, just much more efficiently (smaller and makes more FP). If by that point your city is not yet already close to full of good event buildings, Hagia may still have a place for you. But if you have good event buildings (and there is much better than L2 terrace farms you chose as a point of comparison), then the marginal extra FP provided by Hagia with its gignormous footprint are probably a low priority.

The one case where I'd still understand someone building it now is if they were trying to rank up in global rankings via GB levels and I'm not sure that even really works anymore given how many battle points people are pulling in. In that situation Hagia makes sense on the grounds that it's an extra sink for FP that has less cost per ranking point (especially over time) than the stuff you've already levelled way too high.

On the other hand the flip consideration is : having already built it and levelled it, when will you delete it? To which all I can say is "not yet", but it's plausible someday.

Dessire

Regent
Or they just have a different objective than you in the game. Where FP is a means to whatever their preferred end is up to a point. And once they're past it FP kinda loses meaning. Not everyone's in it to have the highest GBs. In that concept RoI has meaning. Because 3-5 years down the road when you might finally be ahead for having built something, you may no longer care. So a 3 year ROI: not worth it to that player.

There was a time when RoI would've even supported building Hagia btw - probably did around the time you put yours up. Its footprint didn't really used to be much of a consideration - it would've been taking the space of some extra production buildings or some crap. But that doesn't mean the math is the same for a newer player who has yet to build one.

Let's say preconditions for considering building Hagia are to have already done Arc to 80, have access to a 1.9, and have done Cape Canaveral to 60-70 as well because it does the same thing as Hagia, just much more efficiently (smaller and makes more FP). If by that point your city is not yet already close to full of good event buildings, Hagia may still have a place for you. But if you have good event buildings (and there is much better than L2 terrace farms you chose as a point of comparison), then the marginal extra FP provided by Hagia with its gignormous footprint are probably a low priority.

The one case where I'd still understand someone building it now is if they were trying to rank up in global rankings via GB levels and I'm not sure that even really works anymore given how many battle points people are pulling in. In that situation Hagia makes sense on the grounds that it's an extra sink for FP that has less cost per ranking point (especially over time) than the stuff you've already levelled way too high.

On the other hand the flip consideration is : having already built it and levelled it, when will you delete it? To which all I can say is "not yet", but it's plausible someday.
worst thing you can do in FoE: think about RoI. In FoE, RoI is nothing!!! all that matters is have the GBuildings at a high level as soon as possible. is not the same level up your hagia up to 80 in 30 days to in 10 days. while in the first case you earn 480 FPs from day 30 to 40, in the second case you earn 1440 FPs from day 10 to 40. a difference of 960 FPs. and as soon as you reach a high level, you can continue with another GBs. it doesn't matter the cost of the GBs but how fast you level them up. wich is the difference between level up 10 levels by spending 1M of fps in 20 days to 10 levels by spending 1000 fps in 20 days? nothing! the amount of time is the same!!! time! time is what matters!