• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2022 Wildlife Event

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
worst thing you can do in FoE: think about RoI. In FoE, RoI is nothing!!! all that matters is have the GBuildings at a high level as soon as possible. is not the same level up your hagia up to 80 in 30 days to in 10 days. while in the first case you earn 480 FPs from day 30 to 40, in the second case you earn 1440 FPs from day 10 to 40. a difference of 960 FPs. and as soon as you reach a high level, you can continue with another GBs. it doesn't matter the cost of the GBs but how fast you level them up. wich is the difference between level up 10 levels by spending 1M of fps in 20 days to 10 levels by spending 1000 fps in 20 days? nothing! the amount of time is the same!!! time! time is what matters!

RoI is all about time - if RoI doesn't allow you to calculate the shortest path to a particular goal for some reason it's because you're ignoring other costs or payoffs (such as alternative uses of space/game time/FP investments).

Let's say you have a modest production of 500 FP / day in a newish city that's been playing events and working on arc up to 80 so far and your goal is to have Zeus, CoA, CdM, Traz to 65 - because past that point the incremental gains while nice aren't so important that you need them on any particular schedule. You already have access to a 1.9 which will feed you all your blueprints for free, and take all your spots efficiently. You have a reserve of X FP that's good enough for your engagement with that thread and you're not going to raise/lower that in general. So you have 500 FP/day. If you take the direct path:

Zeus 65: 12503 FP
CoA 65: 13323 FP
Traz 65: 20421 FP
CdM 65: 16642 FP (including the bonus collections after each level)
Total : 62709 FP

The straightforward path to get there: ~125 days.

Now we can talk optimisations to this. The most simple one is "well I'll do CdM first, because then it'll make more FP sooner and take time off the others".
So 16642/500 = ~33 days. Then the remaining 46067 will be at 539 FP / day = ~85 days. You saved about 7 days compared to doing CdM last, hurray (actually would be a bit better than that because while levelling CdM you'd be gaining speed; but this is a close enough approximation)

A more complicated optimization might involve early traz levels for extra GBG fights that make you extra FP and that might be even more impactful to a point than the early CdM levels. But there's really no way to model that without accounting for a particular player's situation.

Now let's say we try to insert a Cape to 60 before doing any of this - it wasn't part of your objectives so it's both increasing your FP production as well as the FP demand to reach your goal. It's the fastest returning building of any available. Cost of Cape->60 : 14076 FP (less bonus collections). That'll take you ~28 days.

Then you'll do CdM to 65 at 560 FP / day : 16642/560 = ~30 days.

Then you'll do the rest at 599 FP / day : 46067/599 = ~77 days.

In total your 28 days on cape saved you 11 days on what you really wanted. So your goal would have to be something more to justify doing Cape before your real objective. Now if you tack on a few more buildings (I want a TA and HC and CF and BG and whatever else), cape will surely pull ahead and have saved you time. The math for hagia is not so clear however. Especially if you start throwing in opportunity cost of "well it's not hagia vs nothing - it's hagia vs these event buildings" (which will vary from player to player)

----

You view things from the perspective of someone who's already past the point of having defeated all reasonable usage of FP. Any marginal return you "may as well" because you make so much FP that bad decisions wouldn't really show through anyways and you're out of good returns. Past a point having a larger bank is just a matter of laziness.

It's become rather easy in game to get to that point of late. It's not because of your Hagia you're rich. But you're not wrong for having one either. It also doesn't mean everyone should build one.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
+1 free units revival token
90 fragemente needed
Produces 2 fragemente/day

40% chance charming diplomat effecf I
For 1h 20% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
30 fragements needed
May produces 1 fragement/day

20% chance charming diplomat effect II
For 1h 40% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
30 fragements needed

15% chance charming diplomat effect III
For 1h 60% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
30 fragements needed

10% chance charming diplomat effect IV
For 1h 80% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
30 fragements needed

5% chance charming diplomat effect V
For 1h 100% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
May produces 1 kit

Would be suggestion for something somewhat stackable for negotiations. Still master mind is a very limited minigame where adding buffs will be difficult to say the least.
As negotiations as they are already very powerful in GbG and GE; 2x advancements on succes and a very low risk of ever losing the mastermind game. Even when you might lose you can just brute force… correction brute buy yourself through. Where with fighting you must stack up an sufficient buff which boils down to an investment of a couple of months in game with events and planning carefully with GBs.
An rework of negotiations minigame could change this. For example a heavily modified version of mastermind. That been said at least we have with mastermind something better then on the cmap “negotiations” or rather the buy out option or fight over it. If that would’ve been the case in GbG and GE it would be completely broken. Only reason why fighting is to some degree in GbG broken is through the SC exploit. The only feasible way I can see both main parts of the game: combat and peaceful negotiations can work truthfully feeling like equals would be FoE 2.0 or an massive game overhaul which would be more expensive then worth it. That been said Tribal wars has an 2.0 version so, if there’s enough interest who knows there might come one day a FoE 2.0 which will become the successor over FoE “classic.”

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
40% chance charming diplomat effecf I
For 1h 20% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
30 fragements needed

20% chance charming diplomat effect II
For 1h 40% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
30 fragements needed

15% chance charming diplomat effect III
For 1h 60% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
30 fragements needed

10% chance charming diplomat effect IV
For 1h 80% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
30 fragements needed

5% chance charming diplomat effect V
For 1h 100% chance to get +1 turn during negotiations after the 1st attempt
May produces 1 kit

Would be suggestion for something somewhat stackable for negotiations. Still master mind is a very limited minigame where adding buffs will be difficult to say the least.
As negotiations as they are already very powerful in GbG and GE; 2x advancements on succes and a very low risk of ever losing the mastermind game. Even when you might lose you can just brute force… correction brute buy yourself through. Where with fighting you must stack up an sufficient buff which boils down to an investment of a couple of months in game with events and planning carefully with GBs.
An rework of negotiations minigame could change this. For example a heavily modified version of mastermind. That been said at least we have with mastermind something better then on the cmap “negotiations” or rather the buy out option or fight over it. If that would’ve been the case in GbG and GE it would be completely broken. Only reason why fighting is to some degree in GbG broken is through the SC exploit. The only feasible way I can see both main parts of the game: combat and peaceful negotiations can work truthfully feeling like equals would be FoE 2.0 or an massive game overhaul which would be more expensive then worth it. That been said Tribal wars has an 2.0 version so, if there’s enough interest who knows there might come one day a FoE 2.0 which will become the successor over FoE “classic.”
Though would rather see such productions on an future cultural settlement. As this could make the main 1-time reward really sought after, feeling unique and meaningful. Rather then an “spammable” building to construct extra negotiation turns farms.

Moctezuma I

Farmer
after getting all those attack buildings recently (especially the SoA) I am more in need of attack defense... currently have a ration of about 2:1 (attack : ´defense wise)
Attack defence, attack attack... both are good for me. But, yeah you are right, we need more attack defence. Attack, attack, attack. :D

BritishBoy

Marquis
Fragments of wishing wells and/or its shrink kit is all I want. Change it 30 per item or make it once in 2 days (equivalent of 30 and same like shrine of blueprints). Inno already have those fragments in game just assign it to new event building :)

Event building files have been added. Seems like there will be 9 levels, as shown in the loading screens.
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22a.png
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22b.png
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22c.png
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22d.png
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22e.png
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22f.png
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22g.png
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22h.png
R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus22i.png

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Could perhaps the Pass Bonus buildings be for the Soccer Event, and that's why it was delayed? Perhaps a new reward for ending in the top leagues, and/or the battle pass for that?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Could perhaps the Pass Bonus buildings be for the Soccer Event, and that's why it was delayed? Perhaps a new reward for ending in the top leagues, and/or the battle pass for that?
possible, but unlikely - there already is an extra building in the soccer cup...
also there is a pass mechanic in the wildlife event...
wildlife_pass_0.png

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
possible, but unlikely - there already is an extra building in the soccer cup...
also there is a pass mechanic in the wildlife event...
wildlife_pass_0.png
Hmm, interesting. I guess this means event passes will be added to more and more events going forward. Not sure how I feel about that, but I suppose it was successful in the forge bowl event. I hope they don't start putting exclusive buildings behind a "pay wall" (at least you can get diamonds for free), but seems like that might be the case here if you're right.