• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2022 Halloween Event

-Alin-

Emperor
Boooo.
Limited buildings are so meh.
Very underwhelming, and they are trying to sell them as Something great (obviously aren't), but some people are willing to spend those 1200 diamonds, not entirely for those limited buildings, but for the other prizes in the pass, in 2 events so far, things were pretty good and worth to use 1200 diamonds

kawada

Marquis
Very underwhelming, and they are trying to sell them as Something great (obviously aren't), but some people are willing to spend those 1200 diamonds, not entirely for those limited buildings, but for the other prizes in the pass, in 2 events so far, things were pretty good and worth to use 1200 diamonds
Or some people spend those diamonds and only then realise the building is limited…

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Looks like it's confirmed to be two new limited buildings :(

Dauting Tower gives Attack boost for attacking army, and the Haunted Tree gives Forge Points.

Code:
case "W_MultiAge_HalloweenBonus22bDecoration":
            headline: p.gettext("LB|Once placed this limited building is only active for a certain time and turns inactive afterwards. It can not be put back into the inventory."),
            buildingIcon: "upgrade_set_daunting_tower",
            limitDescription: [L._printf(p.gettext("LB|While it is active, %s grants an Attack for Attacking Army boost."), [a.name]), p.gettext("LB|Active time:")],

Code:
case "W_MultiAge_HalloweenBonus22aDecoration":
            headline: p.gettext("LB|Once placed this limited building can only be collected a limited amount of times and turns inactive afterwards. It can not be put back into the inventory."),
            buildingIcon: "upgrade_set_haunted_tree",
            limitDescription: [L._printf(p.gettext("LB|After collecting it, the %s generates Forge Points, which can be collected."), [a.name]), p.gettext("LB|Collections possible:")],

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@MooingCat despite them to be limited, if I’m not misinterpreting the text for the attacking decoration, it might give an % increase of the current military bonuses. Let’s assume a mild increase of 10%;

500% player att. Bonus * 1,1 (10% increase of bonus) = 550%
In absolute it’ll provide 50% bonus

1.000% player att. Bonus * 1,1 (10% increase of bonus) = 1.100%
In absolute it’ll provide 100% bonus

1.500% player att. bonus * 1,1 (10% increase of bonus) = 1.650%
In absolute it’ll provide: 150%

2.000% player att. Bonus * 1,1 (10% increase of bonus) = 2.200%
In absolute it’ll provide 200%

Either way assuming it’s 10% and it’s increasing player’s military bonuses, it’ll be stronger/better if the player has a higher military bonus. Similar to its predecessors of temporary buffing buildings. It’s unfortunate that they cost so many diamonds and are only useful for a highly limited time but for the time being, even at a established buff of 500%, it’s somewhat high end efficient for 50% military bonus.
Just finger cross it is and praying that inno has a consumable recharge item in the planning. Even if those are rare and handed out in shards.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
@MooingCat despite them to be limited, if I’m not misinterpreting the text for the attacking decoration, it might give an % increase of the current military bonuses. Let’s assume a mild increase of 10%;

Either way assuming it’s 10% and it’s increasing player’s military bonuses, it’ll be stronger/better if the player has a higher military bonus. Similar to its predecessors of temporary buffing buildings. It’s unfortunate that they cost so many diamonds and are only useful for a highly limited time but for the time being, even at a established buff of 500%, it’s somewhat high end efficient for 50% military bonus.
Just finger cross it is and praying that inno has a consumable recharge item in the planning. Even if those are rare and handed out in shards.
That would be interesting indeed, but I doubt it will work like that - I would expect them to add a new icon for this kind of boost and that, at least till now, has not surfaced.

It is more likely to be age-dependent. If they made it decent, it would be something like 50% for IA to 300% for Jupiter - but the way Inno did things in the past, a flat 30% ist more likely to happen...

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster

I think I agree with @beelzebob666 that it's likely just a regular attack boost, but I really like the idea of a % increase of your total attack.

I think it would be a really cool GB bonus. Possibly a bit difficult to balance, but think they could make it work :)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think I agree with @beelzebob666 that it's likely just a regular attack boost, but I really like the idea of a % increase of your total attack.

I think it would be a really cool GB bonus. Possibly a bit difficult to balance, but think they could make it work
Like a second orangery?

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@DEADP00L its not really like a 2nd AO, it's more like a dynamic Zeus for example. It's becoming stronger/better while the player's military buff grows stronger. While it's relatively always maintaining the same amount of "value" within the player's total military buffs. As I've given in examples with a 10% buff.
I think it would be a really cool GB bonus. Possibly a bit difficult to balance, but think they could make it work
I agreed and I've suggested it in the fantasy GB list. Though the post is awaiting moderator approval.
Regardless simplified in that post I suggested a 8x8 GB. At lvl 10 a nice 10%, at lvl 80 a whopping 20% and maxed out at lvl 180 with 30%. Though if it'll become reality I think lvl10 a 5% increase, a 15% increase at lvl 80 and 30% at lvl230 might be a better balance. The size and the enormous costs could balancing the GB out as with a awesome scenario of 2k military buffs it'll be at the mentioned levels practically maxed out in absolute numbers: 100% (lvl10), 300% (200% from lvl10->lvl80), 600% (300% lvl80->lvl230). Keep in mind that those large absolute numbers while huge are rather extreme examples with a 2k% buff. As most players will likely have much closer to half of that or even less.
I can imagine it being a massively hyped and sought after GB by high end top GbG players seeking ways to further increasing their maximum attrition in a meaningful way. As at 2.000% buffs expending the buff in a meaningful way is practically next to impossible. A special temporary building, or a very expensive GB providing a limited % increase of you're buff can offer the final meaningful way to expend upon you're strength. While being practically uninteresting for less developed cities.
Regardless of my above scenario of GB providing the buff, I think a special temporary building (in addition to it), will more than likely also be heavily sought after by such players. In any scenario, I think such a buff can be balanced by putting up limitations like temporary buildings or highly expensive GB with a large footprint, it'll become instantly one of if not the most valuable buff in the game. Personally I think for balance it's easiest on an temporary building, introducing a consumable item to reactivate temporary buildings as suggested by someone else, if also introduced at some point, might become the only item rivalling it in value and rarity. As it's the only way to gain acces to the buff again in a more sustainable way. Something that might be for Inno economically the most interesting design, as it'll give a strong appeal to buy whenever they grant such a chance.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@DEADP00L its not really like a 2nd AO, it's more like a dynamic Zeus for example. It's becoming stronger/better while the player's military buff grows stronger. While it's relatively always maintaining the same amount of "value" within the player's total military buffs. As I've given in examples with a 10% buff.
It's exactly like the orangery but without awarding 150% each time it triggers and with 100% success.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@DEADP00L no, it’s more like a statue of Zeus but becoming better. For example;
Someone has not build statue of Zeus and obtained a buff of 200%. After constructing and levelling statue of Zeus to lvl10, their mil. buff has increased by 15% (relative). Similar to if the X% increase of military buff would be but it’ll become better with higher buffs. In this scenario the statue of Zeus and event buildings becoming relative less “strong” or becoming a less “significant” improvement for you’re military. You could also say: statue of Zeus grants a 100% chance to improve your units’ specs by X%. Thus statue of Zeus is a pre-existing AO with a 100% chance. The suggested buff has nothing to do with chances, just improving what’s already there.
AO and keen eye both give a chance to improve an outcome, they don’t improve a fixed particular. Unlike military buffs and a buff that’ll expend existing military buffs by a fixed %.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If we forget the production of FP, the orangery improves by 10% the global percentage of attack which will determine the number of damages.
So, I maintain, you are asking for bonuses equivalent to the orangery, leaving you in the face with bad arguments to cry out for novelty.
If you want something new, take the example of the orangery but which would only apply to the % of red shields!

I would rather see a bonus that grants a "dodge" or a mitigation of damage taken, both in attack and defense and that is valid on all "combat" aspects of the game, including neighborhood and arena.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Boost: Increases your unit's attack stat, which is used when calculating the damage range for how many HP of damage the enemy unit will take. This is done before any unit abilities are applied, so for example reactive armor will reduce the damage to 3 or 4 HP.

AO Crit: Multiplies the HP damage taken by enemy unit by 1.5, and is applied after unit abilities. So against reactive armor, the crit is applied on the 3 or 4 HP value, resulting in 5 or 6 HP damage. Also, AO only works against units of the same age.

So no, they are not the same. 1.5 Damage multiplication is much more valuable than 1.5 Boost multiplication. Let's run through a simple example using Hawkery's Damage Calculator Tool: https://shorturl.at/dzJKX

If your unit has the same Attack stat as the enemies Defense stat, you need 1900% attack boost vs 0% defense boost to deal a guaranteed hit. So, with a 150% boost increase you need 1267% base attack boost to get to the 1900%. However, with the 1.5 damage multiplication of the AO, you only need to deal a guaranteed 7 damage (7*1.5=10.5), which only requires 122% attack boost vs 0% enemy defense boost. Increasing the enemy defense boost % makes this even more skewed. If the enemy has 100% defense boost, you need 3900% attack boost to get guaranteed 10 damage, or 2600% base with a 150% increase. With an AO crit, you only need 343% attack boost to achieve the same.

Let's look at it another way, if you have 500% attack and the enemy has 100% defense, how much damage will you deal?

150% boost increase: 500 => 750 == 8 to 9 HP damage, not enough for one-hit kill
1.5 AO crit: 7 to 9 HP damage x 1.5 = 10.5 to 13.5 HP damage, guaranteed one-hit kill

Adding more attack boost has a massive diminishing returns, AO crit does not.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
If we forget the production of FP, the orangery improves by 10% the global percentage of attack which will determine the number of damages.
So, I maintain, you are asking for bonuses equivalent to the orangery, leaving you in the face with bad arguments to cry out for novelty.
If you want something new, take the example of the orangery but which would only apply to the % of red shields!

I would rather see a bonus that grants a "dodge" or a mitigation of damage taken, both in attack and defense and that is valid on all "combat" aspects of the game, including neighborhood and arena.
First of all I ain't crying and there's no need to accuse me of such either, as such false accusations won't further anything.
Either way you're confusing 2 different aspects of damage:
Average damage and fixed amount of damage. The AO/keen eye improving you're average damage. While military buffs improving the fixed amount of damage dealt. The speculative buff I've mentioned is improving existing buffs obtained by the player. Thus improving the fixed amount of damage dealt by the player, not to be confused with the average amount of damage.
It's like comparing the golden orrery with the golden crops. Arguing that the golden crops has a 100% chance of providing 1up fragments vs 20%. Thus the golden crops is a 2nd golden orrery but with a 100% chance on the 1up fragments. Yes, both are fundamentally different. So is the existing buff of AO and keen eye ability vs the speculative buff that increase players' military buff.

Anyways @MooingCat has explained the differences many better then I could but at least the confusion is clarified.
Personally I think it'll be difficult for the devs to coming up with something consumable that'll be sought after and valuable enough for players to spend money on. Hence why I speculate and think temporary buildings have some potential but recharges on them might have a greater potential. In particular combined with buffs providing a large but not game-breaking benefit.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
First of all I ain't crying and there's no need to accuse me of such either ...
where did I say otherwise?
I am responsible for what I say, not what you understand!

I understood the slight difference well explained by Mooingcat, I liked his intervention.

That said, you're asking for more in an aspect of the game that's already too easy in a management game.
Don't become one of his mourners (as you put it) who always want more and then complain that things aren't worth earning anymore.