• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2022 Forge Bowl Event

6zeva9

Baronet
I also think it's a dog. Especially the ears look like bulldog and not like typical bear.
I went with Bear based on the 3 Reserves that were rewards during the Wildlife Event and there being so much fur on the face compared to the Bulldogs I have come across in RL.:D

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Why do you need an attack/defense building in every event?
Because it's the most useful and diverse bonus in the game. Defence bonussen giving very little benefits. Resource bonuses even less. So, only att bonuses are interesting to get at any event. Until reaching an certain point where the city has grown so far that you not really need anything anymore.

Why do you need an attack/defense building in every event?
I mean... Is there any point of building buildings NOT having attack boost? Coins, and hammers are useless. Forge points are useless after you have everything on lvl 80+, goods are uselesss when you have 100k+ each in storage anyways. So what else matters? ATTACK! After reaching some point the only thing you can do in this game is fighting.
You can ofc build something that matches your garden/village/etc. themed area, but you always choose the one with attack/def boost anyways. :p
I have on my main server buildings grouped in areas with themes - japanese, nature, mughal, ancient rome, pirate etc. And i build things that match AND have attack bonus. If attack boost is missing the only thing that can make me build it is producing diamonds. Otherwise building is sentenced for life in storage.
:)

Because it's the most useful and diverse bonus in the game. Defence bonussen giving very little benefits. Resource bonuses even less. So, only att bonuses are interesting to get at any event. Until reaching an certain point where the city has grown so far that you not really need anything anymore.
I mean... Is there any point of building buildings NOT having attack boost? Coins, and hammers are useless. Forge points are useless after you have everything on lvl 80+, goods are uselesss when you have 100k+ each in storage anyways. So what else matters? ATTACK! After reaching some point the only thing you can do in this game is fighting.
You can ofc build something that matches your garden/village/etc. themed area, but you always choose the one with attack/def boost anyways. :p
I have on my main server buildings grouped in areas with themes - japanese, nature, mughal, ancient rome, pirate etc. And i build things that match AND have attack bonus. If attack boost is missing the only thing that can make me build it is producing diamonds. Otherwise building is sentenced for life in storage.
:)
The developers are killing the game with prizes on the Battlegrounds. Players are growing very quickly now and it becomes uninteresting to play when they quickly pumped everything. On the other hand, the developers cannot give new prizes with attack / defense in every event, because this will introduce an even greater imbalance in the game.
And I don't understand why the designers are trying so hard if, because of the Battlegrounds, players don't even build buildings from the tech tree and some from events.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
players don't even build buildings from the tech tree and some from events.
That's what happens when power creep takes place. Originally event buildings where slightly more efficiently then regular buildings but didn't do anything regular buildings couldn't. Providing more efficiently happiness, supplies, etc. In one of the summer events the witch doctor was introduced. It was the first to other 3 things simultaneously. Happiness, supplies and when motivated coins. It was a big deal back in the day for the efficiency and offering 3 things at once. Later on event buildings have grown to the point where now.
Offering massively higher efficiency in any part of the game, only outperformed by GBs. Nowadays it's just too late to get back into the event buildings that are slightly more efficiently then regular buildings.

That been said the game still takes lots of time to progress and grow. Sure once you've established yourself with the aid of some GBs and powerful event buildings you can rush through ages until you hit AF's special goods but still. After AF game progress slows down a bit because of the special goods. Not to forget that for the space ages you must've gotten on the cmap to Mars before you can progress reliable further due to Mars ore and later special space goods.
So, imo the game ain't progressing that fast. Perhaps the event buildings' power is useful for newer and less developed cities to reaching higher ages. Though established players struggle to find new targets. Even while GbG and GE are offering some platform to play cooperative. I feel like in the single player department only settlements offering an limited challenge until you've burnt through them.

Fire Lord

Squire
The developers are killing the game with prizes on the Battlegrounds. Players are growing very quickly now and it becomes uninteresting to play when they quickly pumped everything. On the other hand, the developers cannot give new prizes with attack / defense in every event, because this will introduce an even greater imbalance in the game.
And I don't understand why the designers are trying so hard if, because of the Battlegrounds, players don't even build buildings from the tech tree and some from events.
You can, if you choose to. Depending on the world, I either get Fp buildings or attack, it's completely player preference. No one's forcing you to do anything.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Because it's the most useful and diverse bonus in the game. Defence bonussen giving very little benefits. Resource bonuses even less.

That's subjective. YOU think it is. It's not a fact. Because it greatly depends on playstyle.
I mean... Is there any point of building buildings NOT having attack boost?

Yes.

You can ofc build something that matches your garden/village/etc. themed area, but you always choose the one with attack/def boost anyways

Maybe you would. Not everyone plays the game the same way you do.
I for one am not interested in the combat side of this game at all. I would prefer it if they made this game all about building and trading.

The developers are killing the game with prizes on the Battlegrounds.

Agreed. They HAVE to nerf it. Yes it will anger some people. Yes they should still do it.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
That's subjective. YOU think it is. It's not a fact. Because it greatly depends on playstyle.
Regarding my opinion it being the most useful true but fact remains offers the most diverse options. Useful in;

Cmap
PvP
GbG
GvG
Plundering (overcoming defensive armies)

Other bonuses are very restrictive in their usage. Thus their benefits being very limited. Not to be confused with productions (eg goods/fps prod). As only defence bonuses have 2 other parts of the game where it can be useful (city defence to prevent plundering, PvP arena to not lose points). Supply/coin bonuses are useful for establishing a city and maybe in an lesser way then goods prod in negotiations when they’re asked but that’s a very restrictive use.
This is why I’m seeing attack bonuses as the most useful bonus; their use is the most diverse. As they cover from BA to SAV and beyond an bonus that is useful if you’re using an offensive army. As where the other bonuses are very restrictive in their usefulness depending in which stage of the game you are. Defence bonus could be slightly more long term useful if you’re trying to construct an almost unbeatable defence or wanna be very seriously about the PvP arena.

Aerendil

Squire
After 3 mediocre event buildings in a row it would be nice to have a good one in this event. And the last forge bowl event buildings always had attack/defense