• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2022 Archaeology Event

Emberguard

Emperor
just had a thought... I think the category of those buildings technically is "automatic upgrade" or similar as they are always in the players current age
You’re correct that random-producing does Auto Age up. They also appear in inventory as “All Ages”. Some set pieces share the “All Ages” trait (gong of wisdom, mask vendor etc)

Interestingly Druids Temple and Pirates Hideout are classified as Residential buildings despite having the traits of plunderproof and random production (but they also don’t auto age up)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
added some new images to first post...
this is the set-image from the game ressources...
upgrade_set_butterfly_sanctuary.png

@Juber - the drawing order seems wrong - the arc in the right is behind the butterfly house

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
this event is 7 days after 10th year event, I guess not much to preload image wise, certainly the game play will be the same

Dessire

Regent
I just can't stand sets... Halloween event was ruined last year with Horror Circus and now we have another set for the Archaeology event that has the same mechanic.
how can be bad a set which allows you earn 84 fps in 106 squares ? (1 fp every 1.26 squares). it's the equivalent of an average of 49 fights in diamond league. how can that be bad? att 49 = 507% of attack, zeus + aachen + monte + terracota at level 80 = 250% of attack you need another 257% of attack, which is the equivalent of 24 checkmate squares in the last age = 219 squares compared to 106 of the set. And I am not saying that you should change your checkmate squares by the horror circus set but when you have 750% of attack, it feels like you need another 300% to increase your attrition by another 10 points. I would preffer haver 750% of attack or a max of 1000% of attack instead of waste 219 squares in checkmate squares to do reach 10 extea attrition points and spend 212 squares in 2 horror circus sets to earn 168 fps more. (I know, hippodrome is better but I am talking about the horror circus set instead of attack).

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
One side building, formerly classed as residential is now classed decoration it seems
Therefor the set would only need one road connection in the front for the cultural and the centerpiece

AGranolaBar

Squire
how can be bad a set which allows you earn 84 fps in 106 squares ? (1 fp every 1.26 squares). it's the equivalent of an average of 49 fights in diamond league. how can that be bad? att 49 = 507% of attack, zeus + aachen + monte + terracota at level 80 = 250% of attack you need another 257% of attack, which is the equivalent of 24 checkmate squares in the last age = 219 squares compared to 106 of the set. And I am not saying that you should change your checkmate squares by the horror circus set but when you have 750% of attack, it feels like you need another 300% to increase your attrition by another 10 points. I would preffer haver 750% of attack or a max of 1000% of attack instead of waste 219 squares in checkmate squares to do reach 10 extea attrition points and spend 212 squares in 2 horror circus sets to earn 168 fps more. (I know, hippodrome is better but I am talking about the horror circus set instead of attack).
I can't speak to what Astrid actually meant to say but I read their comment and thought they were right because the events transition from giving Abandoned Asylum/House of Horrors, one building, multi levels to sets that give good/valuable values when placed in certain configurations. It's messier (both visually as well as putting extra effort in the event) and you need more set pieces to get the desired result.

Astrid

Baronet

The setup you are suggesting requires some diamonds investment and I feel that these diamonds can be better spent on single-type buildings. For example I went for 2 celtic farms and 2 more druid temples this year with ~15000 diamonds spent. They are easier to manage and they bring on average more goods / forge points especially when I collect them all with the blue galaxy x2 bonus. The same goes for the summer event, I prefer spending some diamonds when I spin that wheel to get more villas / pirate hideout kits. Also, when you rebuild / reconstruct your city layout, single buildings are easier to reposition / manage and the city has a clean look. At the moment the only set combination that I use in my city is an attack only setup with wheat fields. Many players also prefer the sakura setup but I don't quite like that either, it looks too messy.