• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2022 Archaeology Event

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Set Icon:
upgrade_icon_butterfly_sanctuary.png

A_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22a.png

Cultural
D_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22a.png

Decoration
D_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22b.png

Decoration
L_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22a.png

No road production
L_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22b.png

No road production
D_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22c.png

Residential
Decoration
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22a.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22b.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22c.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22d.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22e.png
might be similar to the harvest barn set

full set might look like this (total dimensions 7x6):
maze.png

Kits:
reward_icon_selection_kit_butterfly_gardens.png

Butterfly Gardens Selection Kit
reward_icon_selection_kit_butterfly_house.png

Butterfly House Selection Kit
reward_icon_selection_kit_butterfly_sanctuary.png

Butterfly Sanctuary Selection Kit
reward_icon_upgrade_kit_butterfly_house.png

Butterfly House Upgrade Kit
portrait_498.jpg

Apprentice Archaeologist
portrait_499.jpg

Excavation Manager
portrait_500.jpg

Scarab King
portrait_501.jpg

Aurora

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Another set, damn ...
At least we can spam again the set pieces, and hopefully aren't bad or require level 2 of any piece.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
It looks pretty good, but I'm hoping the pieces provide different boosts compared to the Harvest set otherwise we'll just have all the same layouts, sideways

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
I've liked the archaeology buildings so far, but this one looks bad to me. No interest to put that in my city tbh. I'm sad now. :p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It would be very interesting IMO if the main building was the best one, so when making designs you'd have to try to fit in as many of that as possible with as few "field" pieces as possible :)

I'm not so optimistic that that would be very interesting at all with such large sets. Generally they won't push the stats on the bigger pieces so hard to justify the 6-way support they require. And the layouts to max out their sharing usually only save a couple of pieces - you wind up with the standard layout, or a mirrored double-standard layout being the only interesting ones.

The best sets for interesting layouts are the ones where some of the smaller pieces are worth optimizing. Whether that be 4-way gongs of wisdom and 3-way sakura rocks or 2-way wheat fields/3-way begonias.

This being archaeology I doubt it's going to be a set worth chasing even if it's theoretically interesting though - archaeology/halloween is such a stingy event, even if i do like the minigame for it.

Goldra

Marquis
If its like harvest set, could be a very good option. This sets are the best, because you can choose what you want and make your own set.

GateKeeper

Baronet
A_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22a.png

Cultural
D_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22a.png

Decoration
D_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22b.png

Decoration
L_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22a.png

No road production
L_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22b.png

No road production
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22f.png

Residential
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22a.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22b.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22c.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22d.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus22e.png
might be similar to the harvest barn set

full set might look like this (total dimensions 7x6):
View attachment 7785
So those two "non road" buildings....due to color of flowers, AB and DB buildings possibly?! but the good % will most likely need the 3 unique connections. Looking forward to the possibilities

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So those two "non road" buildings....due to color of flowers, AB and DB buildings possibly?! but the good % will most likely need the 3 unique connections. Looking forward to the possibilities

Would be a bit odd that they're "non-road production" instead of "decoration" if their focus is passive boosts (though that does happen sometimes). The FP layouts of the fall set would become the attack layouts of this set if one of them was the attack piece.

Having the 2x2 decoration or the 2x3 residential be the primary desired pieces would change the layouts almost entirely compared to the fall set despite just being rotated pieces. The 2x2 decoration was mostly used as a support piece in the fall set. and the 3x2 residential as an end-piece in "pure FP" layouts. But neither saw much attention as the piece trying to be maximized (ok, I did see a few people trying to max out their ochres, but that wasn't very interesting because it was so much worse than sentinels that you can get in many different events).

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
do not read too much into "no-road production"... I just used that term because they use the same building code in the buildings name as gong or victory tower or the 1x3 pieces from the harvest barn...

there are a couple buildings with that Code though that need a road - e.g. WW, FoY, Hedge Maze,

The term that should be used, probably is something more like "no category" (as in not residential, cultural, military, deco, or production) or "misfits"

Emberguard

Emperor
The term that should be used, probably is something more like "no category" (as in not residential, cultural, military, deco, or production) or "misfits"
Officially Wishing Wells, Fountain of Youth and Hedge Maze are all classified as "random-producing" buildings. Though "misfits" aren't a bad way of describing it either.

Unofficially, I'd say lately we seem to be getting a lot of "hybrid" buildings: buildings that are classified as one thing, but share traits with one or more other building types as well.