• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • Halloween Event 2021

Read all about the Halloween Event 2021 here!
  • Castle System

The Castle System is a brand new feature in Forge of Empires which aims to reward players that are playing Forge of Empires actively. Come check it out in your city!
    Do you want to know more about this new feature? Then click here!
  • Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire

We are proud to present you our brand new Cultural Settlement: The Mughal Empire!
    This is the fifth of our Cultural Settlements, and your job is to help expand the Mughal Embassy.
    Read all about it here!

Spoiler 2021 FoE Soccer Cup Event

PhoenixFenix

Marquis
@MooingCat was the fastest in finding out the main building was out this time. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/event-hub.14391/post-118722

The new event building, Athlon Abbey, is a 10 level building with a selection kit and an upgrade kit.

Lvl 1​
Lvl 2​
Lvl 3​
Lvl 4​
Lvl 5​
Lvl 6​
Lvl 7​
Lvl 8​
Lvl 9​
Lvl 10​

It has been no less than 4 new selection kits added for last years Hippodrome. We can't know for certain it's intended for the event, but seems the most likely.
Then there's the question why the first two and the last two seem to contain the same things both when you consider the name and image?
Even though I notice the Hippodrome Middle Sections Selection Kit at this moment seem to be missing some details on the bottom cards, since they're left blank.
Hippodrome Buildings Selection Kit​
Hippodrome End Buildings Selection Kit​
Hippodrome Track Selection Kit​
Hippodrome Middle Sections Selection Kit​

Last edited:

6zeva9

Baronet
Looks like it will be the same format as last year, looking at all the Avatars
Confused about the need for 4 selection kits, unless it is like the Cherry/Spring Garden Selection Kit, where in some parts of the world the Kits have different names but are in fact the same. so the left two are one kit and the right two are one kit.

BritishBoy

Squire
These kits were on special offer on live server recently. Track selection was for 10x1600 diamonds each and main buildings was, I think, 12x2800 diamonds each.

PhoenixFenix

Marquis
Looks like it will be the same format as last year, looking at all the Avatars
Confused about the need for 4 selection kits, unless it is like the Cherry/Spring Garden Selection Kit, where in some parts of the world the Kits have different names but are in fact the same. so the left two are one kit and the right two are one kit.
I'm just as confused as you about the need for more than 2. Especially as they don't need different images to give them different names in different parts of the world.

But can add that the Hippodrome Buildings Selection Kit and the Hippodrome Tracks Selection Kit were added later than the other two. So maybe they just changed their mind about name/design, but didn't remove the old images?

Last edited:

Emberguard

Regent
Usually the Selection Kits don't have the images on the back cards unless there's levels involved. Maybe they realised it was inconsistent and changed it? 'Cause the middle sections don't have a Level 2, and if there's an image on every card that would indicate multiple levels

PhoenixFenix

Marquis
Now the selection kit and upgrade kit has been added so we also have the name of the new event building. It's an Athlon Abbey.
I was thinking a bit of an Abbey when I first saw the images, so seems fitting. The orginal post has been updated.

What it actually gives is still unknown. And based on my little experience so far (3rd event doing this) it's quite normal for the data not being available before the event starts.

Last edited:

MooingCat

Marquis
Looks like maybe 4x6 in size?.
It's 5x4 it seems
Code:
b.spriteSheets.h.idle = "R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21a";
b.spriteSheets.h.placeholder = "T_SS_MiddleAge_4x5";
b.spriteSheets.h.construction = "C_SS_MiddleAge_4x5";
(The numbers are flipped in the code - probably why we always seem to get the wrong orientation in the original announcements)