• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected 1 week timeout for getting removed from a map

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfgibber

Farmer
Reason
Enhances GvG by upping the stakes, rewarding guild play and diminish ghosting while keeping the existing structure and ease of entry for all guilds. Makes game more playable as time is spent fighting other guilds that enjoy GvG and play it. Cuts down on the "troll" factor. Anytime you can cut this down, player retention and engagement will go up.
Details
When a guild is removed from a map in GvG, they would not be able to land in that age for 7 days. This is similar to the 7 day waiting period for individuals who change guilds. The programming already exists for a 7 day wait that could be applied to a guild and age or it could simply be a matter of comparing the guild's log to the last time they were removed and whether the Landing Zones were available to them.
Balance
All other game features would be unaffected
Abuse Prevention
There's nothing to abuse here. It removes abuse
Summary
A 7 day wait to reland would encourage more fighting on the maps, potentially opening up more areas for more guilds. GvG campaigns are spread out over many days and sometimes weeks, this creates an incentive for guilds to attempt to hold land and fight for it, rather than just bleed each other dry.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
It has not been suggested but is on the DSNL, but there's always an exception to the rule. :)
When a guild is removed from a map in GvG, they can not land on that map for another 7 days. Any other age map would be unaffected.

This will greatly improve the GvG environment with minimal effort on Inno's part.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emberguard

Emperor
1) that would kill GvG for legitimate players. The little guy would never be able to play
2) there’s a 4 day lockout from GvG for switching guilds. You’ve just made it quicker to either switch guilds or disband and recreate the guild then it is to stay in the same guild

If you’re going to make a lockout, make it until reset only. And then hope it doesn’t cause problems with the sieging mechanics

instead of a lockout, what about a def boost for any guild on the map. so then if you're off the map, it takes more effort to get back on

points farmers hitting LZ is still a problem. would be nice to fix that. I'd prefer to NOT get any points for fighting, but I know others live for it

instead of a lockout, what about a def boost for any guild on the map. so then if you're off the map, it takes more effort to get back on

points farmers hitting LZ is still a problem. would be nice to fix that. I'd prefer to NOT get any points for fighting, but I know others live for it

oh, thats simple; just reward no points for zones that were freed (neutralized) within the past 24 hours (or at least since calculation). so, you'd only get points for sectors that are been owned :p

zlobnyj bot

Squire
I'd vote for this if Inno implements the following to Balance.

Tiles will become NPC after owning it for 7 days.
I like your idea. Put it up for a vote please)
As a result, all the GVG boils down to re-seizing the starting sectors by small guilds from "other devices" (really, just separate browsers in incognito mode) and numerous occupied territories behind them.

tfgibber

Farmer
Lots of fun ideas in there. My personal favorite, would never officially suggest because it just not gonna happen, is:

All White sectors automatically conquer neighboring sectors and go full DAs at reset. so long as that sector was white for 4 hours :D
Otherwise, releasing right before reset would be absolutely hilarious, but would probably break the game.

no more Release and recatch, carving out space

A bunch of us were brainstorming how to get the maps to turnover a little more and get more guilds involved, without recommending major overhauls to GvG. We know Inno isn't going to do it. The 7 day time out came about because we figured the programming is easy as a similar dynamic exists. Of course, 3 or 4 days seems easily doable as well.

As someone who has been in a small guild, <25 members, for the last 3.5 years and almost my entire career here on FOE, if I could pick 1 change, and only 1, this is it. It will open the maps. Small, plucky guilds can easily stay on map and grind away, that's what we've done for 2 years. It also gives a small guild an advantage in defense, you can kick a lander and focus on other things for a bit. In my limited observation of just 1 world, small guilds get taken out by even smaller guilds, with land swallowed by the large ones.

Been a fun exercise, surprised this is still active TBH, luv you all Forgers!

zlobnyj bot

Squire
In my limited observation of just 1 world, small guilds get taken out by even smaller guilds, with land swallowed by the large ones.
Simply because large guilds do not want to defend themselves, because of the large amount of goods for sieges, so a troop of 3-10 people is created to cut out the starting sectors.
All these proposals to ban the small guilds of the guilds, they are from there. We grabbed a lot, it is expensive to keep, but we don't want to leave. Very similar to modern monopolists and politicians)

Status
Not open for further replies.