• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Associate Prestige with Expeditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Hello,

Before, the guilds were classified according to the prestige which resulted mainly from the sectors held in GvG (a small part is given by the level of the guild: 25 points per level).

Expeditions do not give prestige, they only give power points, which contributes to the level of guilds, but it does not affect the ranking.

The prestige associated with the GcG is the total of the sectors held at 20:00 during the daily calculation, so it varies up or down, a guild that does not participate in the GvG is 0, as a guild that lost all the sectors she could hold.

Guilds that are out of the GvG therefore have a minimum prestige given by the level of the guild (25 at level 1 - 250 at level 10, ...)

An important novelty is being tested: Guild Battlegrounds.

Guild Battlegrounds - third guild activity - will give prestige, keeping the same principle: an inactive guild in the GB will have 0 prestige points.

Expeditions will be the only one of the three guild activities not to give prestige.

This is why I propose to integrate in GE a prestige value calculated at the end of each expedition according to the result.
This value should vary between 0 for a guild that did not participate in the last expedition and a maximum balanced with the contributions of the GvG and the GB.

The calculation mode of this prestige is to be defined by the developers.

To get a rough idea, here are some orders of magnitude;
* In GvG it is necessary to take into account improvements in test. The best guilds should stay below 10,000 points (I had noted the prestige of the best guilds on 14 worlds fr it ranged from 12,000 to 30,000 in the world)
* In GB the max prestige is not yet known because in the current tests there is no guild yet ranked in the best league but it should be of the order of 5,000 points.
* In expeditions it could be calculated according to the points of power gained by the guild, these points could be divided by 50 as it is done for the points of classification obtained thanks to the points of combats. The theoretical maximum points that a guild can achieve being 288,000 (80 space-age members) would yield 5,760.

Note that unlike the GcG and the Boards the points of power gained in expeditions increase with each new age, it is necessary to avoid that the contribution of the expeditions to the prestige becomes predominant in the years to come.

Thank you for reading me, your opinions are welcome.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser10047

(I had noted the prestige of the best guilds on 14 worlds fr it ranged from 12,000 to 30,000 in the world)
On the beta and EN servers, the amount of prestige gained from GvG is 1/3 of that from the other servers because the beta and EN servers currently have resets 3 times day.

DeletedUser10047

Yes, that's why I wrote: "The best guilds should stay below 10,000 points"
Okay, it wasn't clear to me what you were referring to. Also, it is not yet for certain that 3 resets a day will be the norm moving forward.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
There was a similar discussion quite recently...

My proposal in this regard still is to just give a specific amount of Prestige per trophy (gold could be 100, silver 60, bronze 30) and only count the trophies won in the last 50 weeks (about a year).

That would mean a maximum of 5000 prestige is possible from GE in this example.

DeletedUser10047

My proposal in this regard still is to just give a specific amount of Prestige per trophy (gold could be 100, silver 60, bronze 30) and only count the trophies won in the last 50 weeks (about a year).

That's an interesting proposal, but prestige should be based on immediate performance (in my opinion). For GvG, it is sectors controlled at reset each day. For Battlegrounds, it is based on performance for the season just completed. For GE, it should be based on the GE just completed.

LastWarrior

Regent
All for it, as a lot more players do GE than GvG and i think it will be the same for GbG.
How to apply the prestige though?
When GE finishes for the week does that prestige stay for the week then refresh on next weeks ending of GE, that sounds feasable to me.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
For GvG, it is sectors controlled at reset each day. For Battlegrounds, it is based on performance for the season just completed.
You realize, both of these are long term efforts?
- nobody just gains 20 sectors over night (at least it is not the original intention of GvG) and as you said the sectors held are relevant - no matter if you control them since yesterday or since last year - not the sectors gained/lost in comparison to the day before
- nobody gets into diamond league in GBG for playing one good season - getting there and staying there is an effort of several month

Last edited:

DeletedUser10047

You realize, both of these are long term efforts?
- nobody just gains 20 sectors over night (at least it is not the original intention of GvG) and as you said the sectors held are relevant - no matter if you control them since yesterday or since last year - not the sectors gained/lost in comparison to the day before
- nobody gets into platinum league in GBG for playing one good season - getting there and staying there is an effort of several month
And if you stop playing GvG, your prestige drops immediately (as your sectors get taken away).
And if you don't participate in Battlegrounds for a season, your prestige drops immediately.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
And if you stop playing GvG, your prestige drops immediately (as your sectors get taken away).
If your sectors get taken away.

And if you don't participate in Battlegrounds for a season, your prestige drops immediately.
Quite slowly though - if you do not participate at all (if I understood it correctly) you might even drop slower in ranking than if you would when placing last every season. - but even if you played and lost every season it would take you several month (at least 4 - prob more like 6) to drop to bronze from diamond

If you want a more short term prestige for GE prestige you can limit the trophies counted to the last 25 (and double the value compared to my example before). But also, when stopping playing GE you immediately lose prestige if you played GE for at least as many weeks as the trophies are regarded for the prestige...

DeletedUser10047

Quite slowly though - if you do not participate at all (if I understood it correctly) you might even drop slower in ranking than if you would when placing last every season. - but even if you played and lost every season it would take you several month (at least 4 - prob more like 6) to drop to bronze from diamond
If your entire guild failed to participate in Battlegrounds for a season, your guild would receive no prestige for the following two weeks. It wouldn't matter what league your guild was in.

I just can't imagine that Inno would base prestige on long-term performance, but I don't work for Inno so I don't get any say in the matter anyway.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
your guild would receive no prestige
Are you sure about that? The guild will receive no power for not participating - but that is something entirely different from prestige...

My current understanding is that you still receive the Prestige according to your MMR even if you do not participate and your MMR will fall slowly from season to season you do not participate.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Sorry, I have not seen any further discussion on this.

That's an interesting proposal, but prestige should be based on immediate performance (in my opinion). For GvG, it is sectors controlled at reset each day. For Battlegrounds, it is based on performance for the season just completed. For GE, it should be based on the GE just completed.

All for it, as a lot more players do GE than GvG and i think it will be the same for GbG.
How to apply the prestige though?
When GE finishes for the week does that prestige stay for the week then refresh on next weeks ending of GE, that sounds feasable to me.
I also think that a 0% guild on an expedition should drop to 0 prestige.
An inactive guild in GvG with 0 sectors has 0 points.
An inactive guild in GB should also have 0 points.
(except the points given by the level of the guild).

However, the important thing is that the 3 activities give prestige.

Status
Not open for further replies.