• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

I like my habits

DeletedUser8277

I think a GB would be nice for this purpose. Each level (1-10) takes off 1-2 minutes, then past that its just seconds.
Yes I would agree with this and when I saw a similar topic on the live forums I remember people stating other games had a similar feature. Like how you can cut recruitment time with guild levels or tavern boosts, something that would do the same for all collectable aspects of your city.

I understand your problem but in the grand scheme of things I've learned to let it go. My collection time now varies wildly as I just don't have the same amount of time to play as I used to. I try to have it set before bed but frequently I'll end up getting it in the morning, then one morning I'll either be in a rush or just forget and it's noon- then dinner time- then back to bed time and the cycle repeats. The last time I tried to adhere to a strict 8 hour or less collection was at the start of settlements and all those alarms and playing on mobile when I was out just really soured things for me. I'd rather enjoy my peaceful time, playing the game when I can then stress about playing it perfectly. Obviously I lose out not collecting at the exact same time everyday but it helps the game remain a game and not a chore, for me at least.

DeletedUser9410

My collection time now varies wildly as I just don't have the same amount of time to play as I used to. I try to have it set before bed but frequently I'll end up getting it in the morning, then one morning I'll either be in a rush or just forget and it's noon- then dinner time- then back to bed time and the cycle repeats. The last time I tried to adhere to a strict 8 hour or less collection was at the start of settlements and all those alarms and playing on mobile when I was out just really soured things for me. I'd rather enjoy my peaceful time, playing the game when I can then stress about playing it perfectly. Obviously I lose out not collecting at the exact same time everyday but it helps the game remain a game and not a chore, for me at least.

I feel the same, at times i think, oh hell, i have to go collect or do something in the game, and at times i just feel like quitting because it becomes a chore and not something to have fun with .
Some days i just take a break, if i miss a collection today, or get plundered. Ah well its not the end of the world, some weekends i go camping and fishing with my kids, that time relaxing with them is priceless, and the game will still be here when i get back.

DeletedUser8277

I feel the same, at times i think, oh hell, i have to go collect or do something in the game, and at times i just feel like quitting because it becomes a chore and not something to have fun with .
Yes absolutely, I can understand this. I run guilds and there are days I just don't have time to play or have other more important things going on and I almost dread loading the game up as I never know what I'm walking into. Even if all is well as it normally is, there's still taking care of everyone looking for locks (which can take so long to do), taking care of whatever goods requests and responding to PMs with members questions. On mondays it's that and running a GE contest we have, setting up our Obs donations for the week, checking GE performance and messaging people if needed. Aiding.. aid everyday and don't forget the taverns, hundreds of clicks.

Then if you have enough time... play the game. There are some days it can feel like having a second job which feels silly to say about a game. But so long as I have a team that needs me I'll keep doing it.. which feels silly to say about strangers on an online game =)

Thunderdome

Emperor
My times are just wildly all over the place. One day I could be getting up in the wee hours of the morning before everyone in my local time could get up to go to work. Another day I could be sleeping in trying to make up for loss sleep from the previous day. Hence, why I try using the app for most of my game playing when I do get a break, but my times are really off as it could be hours after a production is done before I can collect freely. This holds the same for Aiding and Tavern visits.

DeletedUser9410

My times are just wildly all over the place. One day I could be getting up in the wee hours of the morning before everyone in my local time could get up to go to work. Another day I could be sleeping in trying to make up for loss sleep from the previous day. Hence, why I try using the app for most of my game playing when I do get a break, but my times are really off as it could be hours after a production is done before I can collect freely. This holds the same for Aiding and Tavern visits.

I know how you feel, i was doing a job that required me to be on standby 24hrs a day 7 days a week with 1 weekend off a month.
I never knew when i could get called out or when i would be back, often to remote places with no cell signal and it was very difficult to set collection times, i was a plunderers dream, lol.
Fortunately since late last year iv been working more 'normal' hours so its made the game a lot easier to play.
Also made my home life a lot easier too.
It took a long time for me to accept this was just a game and nothing that happened here was important enough to impact my life. I still play seriously and stress a little bit ( no one likes to lose anything , even in a game ) but i no longer allow it to control my life.

Artubar

Baronet
As I'm nearly always on good terms with my neighborhood (I get attacked about twice a year, and plundered once a year..), I wouldn't mind a 23 hours cycle - but I can see your point! ;)

So the best thing would be Mass *Everything* Rush Items.. buyable for either tavern silver or a mix of coins, supplies and forge points. Something like
  • 30 minutes Power Rush (for 5k tavern silver; given a RL where you can collect ~3k a day, you're able to adjust collection time every 2-3 days and still have some spare silver for other occasions; remember this should be a long term solution when fixing a price, with regular uses as long as you're playing FoE)
  • 1 hour Power Rush (~15k silver, needed once in a while when you ISP was down or auntie refused to go home in time)
  • 3 hours Power Rush (~75k silver, for some rare occasions when everything went wrong, or you had a glorious night out with that fancy girl...)
..of course this gradation only makes sense if those items have a (24 hrs?) cooldown, so that no one can get his 3 hours rush for 6 x 5k in a row.

And again, those items should be "buy what you need", no random drops.

Another approach could be a user specific setting - everyone can chose his preference, like with the Daily Challenge start time:
You can set a value between 0 and 30 minutes, and every production and timer ≥ 24 hrs starting newly (after saving that preference) is being reduced by that amount of time.
So setting it to 15 mins, every Great Building, 24 hour production, motivate / polish / plunder (both plunder period & cooldown) / tavern timer starts at 23:45, two day productions at 1:23:45 and victory towers at 6:23:45.

This way, everyone can adjust that shift to his needs and habits, and nobody gets plundered before he wakes up (provided he didn't mess up that setting :D).
And it could compensate for that <insert every word that would possibly get censored> aid time drift, which is probably the greatest annoyance of this game....

dpghost

Steward
I was thinking - if it's just aiding - maybe we could just do it once a day
So I am thinking friends and guildies - open aid time all day - from the start of the day until reset, but only one for the day
Same for the tavern, one visit from server reset to server reset
That will at least allow for a hectic day and not slip into the night the next today
I put up a proposal, but nobody seems to like it... maybe you can help

DeletedUser8859

Same for the tavern, one visit from server reset to server reset

It is currently one time between reset (right now 24 hrs), but limited by seats availability. You suggest being able to visit tavern even if all seats are full?

DeletedUser9826

I really like the idea of a kit that will help you reset your collection times. I for one would would to see it as a replacement for the Fountain of youth as a reward for the GE. I wonder if the devs will ever wake up to the fact that ever since the introduction of wishing shrink kits, FOY is universally considered a useless building, and almost an insult to have it as a reward for completing the forth level of the GE.