• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Carnival Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9811

I have hit the chest with the various special buildings offered during the Carnival event five times now. Each time I have gotten a (IMO) totally useless victory tower. 1 week for a few medals...come on... This building is a waste of inventory space (and yes, I do recognize that Inno hasn't started charging space rent...yet). It's a lot like having a a gold relic pay 150 medals in LMA. What a joke. Anyway, I'm beginning to think that the chest with special buildings is rigged, or I have the very worst luck possible.

DeletedUser9513

I'm not an fan of this event. Quite frankly, I'm finding it disappointing, and not because it lacks a grand prize in the end. To me, there are quite a few other issues:

- Specials rotate every 6 hours, meaning that you have to log in every few hours to check what's available, perhaps even overnight if you sleep for longer than 6 hours. If something's gone, you're not sure if it will come back. I find that with 24 hours you at least have time to prepare and react, instead of having to rush in a period of only 6 hours.

- Update kits for pieces I haven't even won yet. To me, this is by far the biggest drawback. Instead of giving away a "Piazza Mask Vendor" and a "Piazza Mask Vendor Upgrade Kit", the two should be condensed into a "Piazza Mask Vendor Selection Kit", where you can choose the level 1 building, or the upgrade, much like the Cherry Set. This shouldn't be new to Inno. Plus, it would eliminate cases like myself, in which I now have several upgrade kits for buildings I don't even have! So upsetting...

- The chests are just unappealing. I've played a ton of times already and mostly got (very few) medals, some gold/supplies and Victory Towers. Other than the new buildings, I haven't seen anything useful or interesting in the chests.

- Why two currencies? I'm not a fan of the whole "you get currency X, trade X for Y based on luck, then trade Y for a possible prize based on luck". I think one of these two could be eliminated and you trade tickets for chests, or get rid of tickets entirely.

- Games of chance can be very upsetting. In addition to the gambling part in trading currency X for Y, the percentage of the grand prize (or anything useful) in the chests are extremely low. I've opened so many chests by now and found only 3 grand prizes (2 of which I can't even use because they're upgrades for things I don't have yet), compared to over 10 daily specials in the first few days of the Forge Bowl event. The low chances of earning something you actually want, added to the randomness of going through two currencies and playing those games of chance is dreary.

In the end, this might be one of the most disappointing events for me. I love the new buildings and was super excited about them, don't get me wrong, and would love a full level 2 set, or even two full level 1 sets in my main city, but I don't see how I could make this work with the current set up, the randomness, the lack of good prizes or a good chance at prizes, and the fact that you have to win individual upgrade kits for things you still haven't even managed to get just in case they're not available again in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7454

I am happy that I am not alone here. I already opened multiple chests and spent 4800 florints and most of the diamonds that were given for testing and got none of the buildings or upgrade kits. I thought it was my bad luck but seeing other's post I start to wonder if there is some other problem with it. At this rate I will not get a full set even at level 1 :(.
I also noticed that there are no big differences between 400 and 150 florins chests when comes to the % to win the daily prize. Shouldn't be the more expensive chest give higher %?

DeletedUser8119

So I logged in again, cashed in my tickets for 100% florins (gambling on the 15/5 is for the reckless or feeble minded). Chest options available are Architects @ 32% chance of Observatory BP to 11 % chance of Cafe upgrade or Generalist @ 38% chance of 5 min Mass Suppy Rush to 13 % chance of Cafe upgrade. What do I go for? Don't need Obs bps and don't have supply buildings so neither are of any use to me. As you can guess this is my least favourite event format although I generally try to be positive about event offerings.

I have a level 4 bridge from last year and the masquerade ball from the year before sits in my inventories on RL servers. I am just going to stockpile florins in the hope that something gets sorted out before testing ends. I got caught out in the last event spending diamonds to get a completed Colossus ;) only to end up with 4 upgrades in my inventory with nothing to use them on and no idea whether I will get to use them in the future.

For me this event format sux big time and I don't 'enjoy' poor return on effort. Let's see what unfolds.

DeletedUser9513

I am happy that I am not alone here. I already opened multiple chests and spent 4800 florints and most of the diamonds that were given for testing and got none of the buildings or upgrade kits. I thought it was my bad luck but seeing other's post I start to wonder if there is some other problem with it. At this rate I will not get a full set even at level 1 :(.
I also noticed that there are no big differences between 400 and 150 florins chests when comes to the % to win the daily prize. Shouldn't be the more expensive chest give higher %?

I agree that more expensive chests should have a higher chance at the special. It didn’t make sense for me to see a chest in the 150 florins range with 9% chance, beside a 400-florin chest with 10-12% chance. I know that the other prizes in the 400 chest are probably more desirable than the 150 one, but in reality, the majority of players I know and share their opinions couldn’t care less about those minor prizes. They’ll mostly add junk to the inventory anyway. So without a grand prize that requires us to calculate the most efficient path to that target (scoring goals in forge bowl, for example), it’s all about maximizing the chances to earn the special and get a set complete. I’d say Inno should up the chances of getting the special for more expensive chests, and give us something like 25-30% chance if we spend 400 florins vs the 8-10% if we spend 100-150.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Things I like about the event:

- The competitive push to win big prizes in the shared neighborhood chests (less obnoxious than the summer wheel's competitive element where some people will refresh the wheel just to screw you over, at least this one has the idea that everyone's acting in their own interests)
- Motivation to spend small amounts of diamonds because you've 'gotta' win that big prize sitting there
- 6 hour prize windows give a chance to show a wider variety of prizes and keep people pushing until the end. 8 hour or 12 hour might be a better compromise to minimise windows that a person's RL schedule just does not allow them to see (i.e. a window that starts an hour after they go to sleep and ends an hour before they wake) but I definitely prefer more frequent than 'daily' special when it comes to the rotations.
- Reasonably attainable and useful main prize
- It's nice that at least the league prize is 'any upgrade or item' so you can fill in what you're missing.

Things I worry about the event:

- 10 different items that you need to balance to finish the level 2 set(s) you're aiming for. It'd be nice to lower that to at least 5 like was in last year's cherry event (a selection kit for each set piece that can be either base or upgrade). Last cherry event with the level 2 set on a world that didn't have any pieces yet my goals went : 1) finish 1 set and a level 2 tree 2) get the pieces to make an overlapped set with another level 2 tree 3) get upgrades to pieces that give an additional FP. Rotating through these priorities over the event was sufficiently challenging with 5 different pieces i need to wait for the right one(s) to show up for and try for next - with 10 different specials it might be a bit much to be waiting for the precise right one i want more of next.

Last edited:

dolphin

Marquis
Then why do you bother?

You sound like my ex-mother in law for crying out loud. Always whining, always complaining, never happy, never satisfied... raised her child to be just like her... Which is why they are my ex...

Have shares in INNO? Right!

dolphin

Marquis
I think this is a cool event. It has everything in it: activity, luck, patience, competition, tough decisions and most of all: cool prizes.

I don't understand why everybody is complaining so much about it. You can receive a nice set and it has a level 2 set as well. It's not a shame if you can't complete it all right? People always complaining about that the event is too simple. I think Innogames has done a nice job to combine all the different aspects together. Finding the right pieces is a exciting task to do as well? The set looks very cool in my opinion. Looking forward to this event!

Another INNO shareholder?

Thunderdome

Emperor
TD's feedback for this event:

I get that the amount of diamonds required to get tickets are somewhat lower than what one get for footballs to run yards.

However, I guess I had been lucky in grabbing the pot from the 5% (10% when lucked) game as folks in my hood were competitively playing for such. It's been good thus far.

The disappointment comes when obtaining the prizes from the chests. While I try to aim for BPs, units, or buildings (you know, the ones for the set), I tend to get a "dinky" prize most of the time.

I am hoping there will be an improvement to the odds that one can get from opening chests among other things.

DeletedUser8351

Normally at the end of the quests and all the florins and tickets served at the end of the vent, the set should be complete, for that ok for
* 2 buildings in quests (Quest # 6 a building, last quest another building)
* 2 buildings in the long bronze (instead of 1 would be much better)
* 1 building in the trunk chance

I think that like that we could all have the complete set, but so we have to change the number in the bronze league (not 1 but 2 buildings)

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I personly dislike this set of buildings as they are a pain to place and to move around when I changes my town but I know others do love them.
I will just try to avoy to get them and choose days with something else as main price.
I do not have a complet set of anything in my town and doubt I ever will but that's my choice, I will still enjoy this event and get something I want.

Muirtach

Farmer
Of all events i have participated this one is definitely The Worst. Not just the worst. The Worst. Completely uncompelling and unrewarding. Another barely useful set of buildings i don't have space for. And with only hypothetical chances to obtain without using large amount of diamonds. Tickets, florins and chests mechanics that is dull and random. I can't care less of this uneventful event.

mbk28

Baronet
Normally at the end of the quests and all the florins and tickets served at the end of the vent, the set should be complete, for that ok for
* 2 buildings in quests (Quest # 6 a building, last quest another building)
* 2 buildings in the long bronze (instead of 1 would be much better)
* 1 building in the trunk chance

I think that like that we could all have the complete set, but so we have to change the number in the bronze league (not 1 but 2 buildings)
Hi,
for me, we have 1, the plaza, 1 at the end (not sure to finish) and the others are in the special price, that mean you can finish with only one or two, you can finish as amateur and don't have one or two, and for the truc chance we can have 0

Last edited: