• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Writing Messages

Frankiedk

Squire
Have any of the developers tried this as they worked on it? Don't even know where to start.

Ctrl-LeftArrow and Ctrl-RightArrow for word left right: does NOT work
Standing in the middle of a line, pressing home or end, marks the text for "overwriting"
The Scrollbar has a life of its own
Scrolling using up and down arrow, does not always keep cursor in focus.
Writing a long message followed by a new one, makes text appear outside viewable area, you can scroll the scrollbar up to fix.

That's just what i remember of the top of my head, but it REALLY needs a complete redo.

DeletedUser5882

@Zarok Dai
This is not a new issue.
I believe the message problem was overlooked most likely because it was seen as a minor issue compared to the chaos HTML5 brought.

Here's my post about it from 5 months ago.
Will try to provide visual evidence as well.

EDIT: I realized 5 seconds after posting the above message that screenshot would not explain anything!
Because we're talking about keyboard command not working correctly for message editing. We would have to record the keyboard as well while typing those commands in order to show how these commands don't work as expected.

It can only be observed by testing all common text editing shortcut keys while typing a message in HTML5!

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankiedk

Squire
The "starting" new message at the wrong point:

heres how it looks after i have made a msg that fills more than "no scrollbar" after sending, i typed some text and it looks like this:

foe-msg1.png

if i scroll the wheel in the new msg part it changes and is then correct, like this:

foe-msg2.png

Need more?

DeletedUser

So, I have reproduced the normal hot key issues in the ingame message system. This isn't technically a bug but due to the way HTML5 functions differently than Flash. I will bring this up as an improvement.
The scroll bar issue within an active message is a bit unpredictable, but clicking the up and down arrows with your mouse can sometimes produce some odd behavior.
The text outside the window I have not been able to reproduce yet.

Frankiedk

Squire
Well, considering HTML5 is the future, as Flash is discontinued, and you have written us that the HTML5 version is where we are going, i changed to HTML5 on all cities, including live, but if this is your answer, i can tall you i am going back to Flash.
I can and will not live with message writing in HTML5, it SUCKS. I have lost so many lines of text, so many times due to the Home/End issue alone. Good luck getting HTML5 tested if you do NOT consider this a BUG.
I am wondering if ANYONE is actually using HTML5, with this issue not raised as a BUG before, i have waited a few weeks before raising it, as i was sure there would be a giant thread concerning this issue.

Will have another go at HTML5 in half a year maybe....

Frankiedk

Squire
Lost a GB throw-in fight this morning on Live, i threw in FPs from 10 Pakcs, and the guy that won, threw in almost twice as many FPs in the same time, and i have been wondering all day WHY i could loose that much. I can't prove it, but i think it might be the HTML5 version of FoE...

But changed back to Flash on all my cities, so no more HTML5 testing for me....

Frankiedk

Squire
Had another go at HTML5, as promised.

I see NOTHING AT ALL has happened to the message system in HTML5...

Time is running out for Flash, so wondering what to do when Flash dies completely, cos your HTML5 editor is STILL MULTI DEFECT and USELESS, even though i made this bug report over half a year ago and nothing.... But we got Vikings, but still not able to write a simple message in the main game...

Really FANTASTIC priorities Inno :thumbup:

Back to Flash...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Yeah... this is also the main difference between flash and HTML for me at the moment...
When I started my city on Beta, I did not recognize that HTML is standard on beta until I tried using the standard text functions...

DeletedUser4674

Yea and the CTRL + A function does not work either in HTML5, and that issue seems not to be fixed soon, as I have posted a lot of messages about that BUG too, but nothing happens from INNOS side :(

DeletedUser9945

NON-CHRONOLOGICALLY ARRANGED MESSAGES A HEADACHE IN THE FORUM!
***************************************************************************************************
I have noticed when I tried to find my own Feedback message, I had to plow through 3 pages of yesteryear non-chronologically haphazard messages place at random in order to find if there was any response.

Is there any particular reason someone likes having all the dates of messages all jumbled up to waste time finding the message you need to find?

Looking forward to your best explaination at your earliest convenience! :)

UPDATED POST
Nothing like making an utter fool of yourself!

My sincerest and humble apologies, I was reading the 'JOINED' Dates and that confused me 2nd to none..... apologies to one and all!

Happy Foruming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankiedk

Squire
Fantastic, they changed NOTHING on message wrting, and now i am being forced into HTML5, cannot turn off HTML5 now...

This issue had to get priority if HTML5 is now the only option on PC.... Get it fixed...

Frankiedk

Squire
Sorry, Zarok, THAT is simply NOT true, id DEACTIVATE it then it asks me to reload, and starts in HTML5, EVERY TIME...

So I AM FORCED INTO HTML5, please fix

DeletedUser9712

I am not using HTML5 at the moment. As I did try it and found that I couldn't copy and paste msgs