• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Complaint and suggestion- GB disconnecting should be not allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5882

I just had the nastiest GB disconnecting incident!

A player had his Arc reach 69 and I checked his GB. All levels (p1/2) was sniped with regular 50% placement. Definitely nothing 1.9 or so. I thought now it is 70 so not many would want to place fps since profit is much less so I decided to go for his p1. Normally I am cautious but this is a good thing for a player if they have no 1.9 support so did not mind and placed on my pc with normal speed.

Suddenly while 110 fps was remaining to complete, the GB got disconnected. Later He got someone to fill p1 deliberately causing me a huge loss over 1K fps! Any honor and decency should not be looked in people like these!!!!

However now the thing is, this is outright robbery!! There is no other explanation for something like this and FoE has no rules or protection against such robbery and despicable behavior!

Either make it possible to keep placing fps even if disconnected or add a feature to make it possible for GB owner to block the GB from placing any fps before!

And I would like to know if this is a support matter because as I said, this was deliberate and simply robbery since the GB owner had zero loss and te other player did even make profit ... over me !!!!

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-12-14 - removed player names.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

This happens all the time, especially with high level Arc players.
However there is no rule breach, it is a strategy. Any player can disconnect any GB they have anytime they want to (I'm sure you wouldn't want us telling you when or if you could disconnect your buildings), and this is used by many to direct the top positions in the GB to the people they choose.
GB donations are at a players own risk, there is never a guarantee of return. After all, a player could delete a GB, or their entire account, causing you to lose anything you had donated to the current level.
As a player I understand your frustration, but it is allowed within the existing game mechanics.

DeletedUser5882

However there is no rule breach, it is a strategy.

tricking people into placing fps into their GBs and then disconnecting when sniping properly arranged is a strategy???
NO! This is cheating!!!

DeletedUser5882

I really understand why a lot of people who have played so long suddenly take their leave!!!
Indecent behavior is not strategy. They are just as described, indecent!! And you allowing this is really a horrible thing!!

DeletedUser5882

I give away tons of fps every day, I do not care for the loss! But the cheating and the way you allow it is really a horrible thing!

DeletedUser

It's still not cheating. It may not be very nice to do to people, but it's allowed.
Personally I don't think the issue here is about players being able to disconnect their GB's to control donations. What it is about is the profound impact high level Arc players have had on the game, and the way players accept, and donate to, GB's. There is an entire sub culture of Arc players that basically dominate the high level GB donations, so players without a power leveled Arc no longer have the chances on other GB's like they did before the Arc was released, but this is just my opinion.
As to the OP, this is no more cheating than plunder, or a player not honoring an FP swap or goods for FP's trade, and we do not police those either.

Anyone can get a high level arc. It just takes time and dedication. That's basically the name of the game here. If you are not in a guild that will help you get one and build it up then switch guilds to one that will. There are plenty.

As to the OP point, it is very annoying but it's the only way a building owner has to fend off snipers which is also very annoying

DeletedUser5882

I am helping several newbies with 1.9 support
So the suggestion that high arc owners are preventing normal investment is not true!
Those who can communicate and contact high level arc owners get their Arcs up incredibly easy. So yes Arc changed the way of the game but for the better!
In the past, a player would be happy if he got little more than the reward for a spot. Most of the time it was less.
Now arc owners place over 150% and these players level up their GBs faster!
I receive a lot of friend request because I invest and I am able to invest thanks to arc and a lot of players need that investment! Arc is like the grease on the cogs that helps them working faster and more efficient!
Shameless cheaters have turned this investment opportunity that helped the growth of their GB as a trap for their gain.
They don't receive 1.9 support or aything. So they decided they would wait for an investor to place fps and then when close to lock the spot disconnect and take p1! They reached this level thanks to high level Arc owners and now they are using it deliberately as as a trap!!

DeletedUser

I am happy to bring this up with game design, but they are still likely to say it's a strategy. I seriously doubt anything will change with this functionality anytime in the near future.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
tricking people into placing fps into their GBs

It is not trickery, if he did not ask you to do anything... You acted on your own volition - and that with the intend to make a profit of of his building... that is what is called an investment risk.

Also, you never know what dealings he has with others - maybe he had a deal with one or more players to only place bids up to the halfway mark on each others GB (if both players still have a growing arc, that is quite a reasonable way to save on the FP packets in the inventory)... and you intruded into their business...

DeletedUser5882

Also, you never know what dealings he has with others

This is not a GB where different deals were going on! If that was the case I would never bring it up here!
I always check previous levels to see if there is 1.9 placement or certain rates. This GB had none. No deals and regular investor type of GB raising was in question!

This means, this player had his GB up to these levels by having profit investments! All his levels he received 50% investment only!! In fact even his friend and guildie andreab appears to have invested 50% whenever he could!!

What I am telling here is that he saw an opportunity to take advantage from me. He waited till I was very close to reaching "spot lock" and he disconnected to have his friend to place the normal 50% for p1 so that he could take all the extra cost he would normally place!!
This is what I complained about!! Not some poor player who was trying to protect his GB from profit chasers so that he could get 1.9 or more from his deals!!

If a player nicely asks me for 1.9, I always give support. If this was such case and I refused, I would not share this incident! That would be my personal conflict. No conflict happened here. I asked like a normal person why he disconnected. If he had said place 1.9 I would have. But he never replied and soon had his friend snipe me!!

This is also a warning for all of you! These guys can make a habit of this! This was nothing but deliberate trick to steal. Not a GB protection act!!

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-12-14 - Please keep all communications respectful of the Community and Staff at all times.

DeletedUser

This means, this player had his GB up to these levels by having profit investments! All his levels he received 50% investment only!! In fact even his friend and guildie appears to have invested 50% whenever he could!!

What I am telling here is that he saw an opportunity to steal from me

If he has deals with his guild for 50% u are the one stealing here, u interrupt there deal´s and agreements, and if u had won first place his guild mate´s would have lost their share for placements.

The thief here is u, and u complain thats a big LOL

You argument of helping out aint good either coz as another player here pointed out U DONT KNOW what deals they have, if u really wanted to help out u could just have asked the player if he/she wanted your help.

DeletedUser5882

If he has deals with his guild for 50% u are the one stealing here
If he has deals, he can pm and/or put that in his profile post
His previous levels have all different investors in his p1/2
Right now he has placed 50% and since yesterday the GB is open for p2 investors!

I understand your trying to explain things but I am not new in GB investments! And there is a civilized human behavior called "talking".. people explain what upsets them and express their expectations.

How can deliberately causing 1000fp loss have any decent explanation? How can that be a normal act against "breaking a 50% deal" if there is even such a deal??

There is plundering feature where player steals maximum 5fps or 20goods for example. Never more. But current GB investment system allows for 1K plundering if the GB owner decides to do such a heist!

You should first check the GB activities of these guys before suggesting hypothetical reasons! There is no decent reason to deliberately cause someone 1K loss!!

If high level Arc owners stopped investing, half of the players would not be able to level up their GBs this fast!!
There is this illogical way of thinking that "profit" is something undeserved!
A player without Arc would lose if he placed 130fps for 100 reward. The right thing to do would be to do swap. In swapping you get back 100fp for the 100fps you placed. But you also get the reward for the spot you placed in!! Isn't that profit??

The difference with high level arc is that these fps are placed immediately!! instead of slow placement that goes on for days, it happens spontaneously! This is actually a bliss! If it wasn't for high level Arc owners, I would never have my Arc up this fast!! They offered 180% contribution but I insisted on 175% because I was using their stock fps and gaining more than 50%.

Now, some players accuse me that I do not place 1.9 rate! As if 1.9 rate would automatically appear if I did not place any fps!!
I quit investing in one of my friends GBs for similar reasons. After a while he asked me to continue my contributions because it had made his life harder without investment!!

So having an Arc is not a crime! In fact it is no different than you having level 70 CDM and doing your battles easier or activating additional attack boost in your tavern! You spend tons of fps in CDM and rightfully benefit from its perks. Arc is no different! And it can't be used as an excuse to do such theft!!

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-12-14 - deleted player name / edited derogatory accusation.

DeletedUser

You should first check the GB activities of these guys before suggesting hypothetical reasons! There is no reason but indecent character to deliberately cause someone 1K loss!!

Maybe u should check with the players u wanna "help"

We all know how the arc works, and u do too, but your missing out on knowing how players use their arc in other ways than u do.

If high level Arc owners stopped investing

Players with arc´s and players without arc´s have agreements so this wount happen, the problem is arc owners that dont have agreements or dont respect that other players have agreements (but its still legal to steal or disconnect, im not against that at all)
So if you throw FP in any GB where u dont have an agreement with the owner its at your own risk.

When you feel you are helpful by filling +90% where is your help? it cost u nothing, and u get BP and medals as payment, and u might solve some quests at the same time.
So what u see as helping is a profitable deal for u?

I even hate when players throw in 100-200% for fifth place in my GB´s coz i often have players that i wanna help out with those BP and medals, and i´ll bet those players who pre filled those spots think they are helpful too.

Miepie

Baronet
I really don't get this. You are the one who seriously misjudged the situation and it cost you a lot of FP. Get over it and move on but don't start accusing anybody of robbery because you failed at sniping a place, because that is what you did. Next time, contact the person you decide to help, to find out if your help is appreciated, if it is all about helping others.

DeletedUser5882

because you failed at sniping a place
what is sniping?
Anyone who places any fp to a spot is doing a sniping! Whether they have Arc or not!
When one has Arc, it constitutes as an act of crime? A disgraced behavior?

Next time, contact the person you decide to help
Really? So you ask every time you place fps in someone's GB?
If investment is not wanted it can be easily announced. I read all profile posts and if they say "I have deal" or "at least X%" I respect these expectations!

You are the one who seriously misjudged the situation
Did I now! Can you please explain where the I did the misjudgment since you seem to know better than I about what happened?

Get over it
This is a game feature and I find it useful to discuss!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I read all profile posts
That is a problem especially with mobile... I can not remember seeing the ability to view other players profile posts there... If you cannot see other peoples entries, why bother creating your own...

DeletedUser5882

That is a problem especially with mobile
True! And this feature needs to be added to mobile as well!
I believe the vast majority of users play the game mainly with PC! Because after all PC is required for a full experience of the game (like GvG and also simple things like seeing the remaining time for your own GB collection). But mobile should be no different and while it has the feature to edit profile post, this post not being able to be displayed makes no sense! Therefore your point is well made!

Players have different expectations. Some expect their GBs to be left alone, some looking forward to investment from anywhere without any rate expectation!
Some look for doing investments instead of swaps that take ages and can turn into complicated matters where players argue about various things and some only invest only to get BPs/medals without caring much if they are losing more than necessary.

This is a problem for both sides. GB owners and investors alike.
If a GB owner does not want to receive investment, they should be able to prevent that with a feature (like locking/opening spots only)
Similarly, investor should not be easily trapped into losing fps!

There has been discussions about mobile placement vs PC placement and collisions happening.
This is a related subject and I think this particular feature needs to be revised and adjusted accordingly to the radical changes Arc brought!

DeletedUser8859

If a GB owner does not want to receive investment, they should be able to prevent that with a feature (like locking/opening spots only)

No.
  • No player (GB Owner) should be allowed to forbid or prevent me to invest in his/her building, and risk my FPs to secure a top wining spot if the game has given me the right to do so (by placing me as a neighbor, or while being a friend or guildmate).
  • No player (GB Owner) has the right to telling me what I do or not with my FPs. That would mean that another player (GB Owner) be controlling what I do with my account.

The GB Owner may request to stop contributions to his/her GB, and I may (or may not) follow his/her wish.

Similarily, a neighbor may request me to stop attacking / plundering at his/her city. I may (or may not) comply with his/her request. Diplomacy against plundering sometimes work.

Status
Not open for further replies.