• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6863

I am on my 3rd Settlement and will finish it with in the time limit to gain another 9 Greater Runestone fragments. I have not used any diamonds so far and don't intend to use them on Settlements. I am looking forward to this on live servers also.

DeletedUser9537

And this is my entire previous post.

Sorry you didn't notice that I wasn't disagreeing with you on the whole.

:p Well, I wasn't replying to your entire post. :p Just the Wepwawet part. Who is related to the Wolf and not the Jackal, and who is grey or tan in coloration (like a wolf) not black (like a Jackal) :p

I also did notice you were not disagreeing in whole, only part, which is why I only replied to the part, not the whole :D

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
:p Well, I wasn't replying to your entire post. :p Just the Wepwawet part. Who is related to the Wolf and not the Jackal, and who is grey or tan in coloration (like a wolf) not black (like a Jackal) :p

In the past, it was assumed they were both jackals, because naturalists decades ago doubted the accounts of Greek writers in Antiquity. But about 7 or so years ago, geneticists discovered that the animals Wepwawet and Anubis were likely based on (more than 3,000 years ago, keep in mind) are both wolves. So, I suppose one can postulate that Osiris has two wolves, just as Odin does. :D

I also did notice you were not disagreeing in whole, only part, which is why I only replied to the part, not the whole :D

Gotcha. :)

DeletedUser9729

Sorry for posting it here, put a lock on it .

This is the OLD thread.

EDIT: NormaJeane 2018-12-16 - Moved your post to the right thread ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9737

i`m sorry if someone else wrote this before me but when i log in with phone i cant produce more than 15 min production with shrine it dosn`t allow at all

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
i`m sorry if someone else wrote this before me but when i log in with phone i cant produce more than 15 min production with shrine it dosn`t allow at all
if you are still on the old version (1.140) this is normal behavior (but should be 5 min productions...)
if you are on the new version (1.141) already, then this might indeed be a bug - in that case reply in the new thread "cultural settlements - rebalancing" or open a new thread in bugs section...

DeletedUser9737

if you are still on the old version (1.140) this is normal behavior (but should be 5 min productions...)
if you are on the new version (1.141) already, then this might indeed be a bug - in that case reply in the new thread "cultural settlements - rebalancing" or open a new thread in bugs section...
Yes it was update today the app and now works and yes it was 5 min productions...

FrejaSP

Viceroy
My IPhone is updated, but not my Samsung mobile so I guess it depend of what brand of mobile you use.

From the foodbold thread:
"P.S. Please note that for the first several days, the event will not be playable on mobile. It will become possible after we have released the next version of the app, which will be around the 17th of December."
Guess it will be in that upgrade

Just a suggestion to the staff.

When this is ready to get released to Live servers, can it be released during a break in events or at least during a historical questline. With so many having issues figuring out the Settlements at the beginning, might be easier to figure it out if they didn't also have to try to get caught up on event quests.

Borowski

Squire
Just finished round three of the settlement and here's my feedback:
I played diablo - and played the settlers online - and quit both because i was annoyed by playing through the same maps again and again an again...
unfortunately these settlements end up the same way. still i startet round four... but i'm starting to being bored by this. its just the same again and i wont do this very often and at some point just stop playing the settlments.

the basic idea is good. but the different rounds should have different content to keep it interesting.

DeletedUser9564

Pls.do something with vikings, I always forget to enter there....

DeletedUser9643

the basic idea is good. but the different rounds should have different content to keep it interesting.
I fully agree. And the needed way of playing it is exactly the other way around than the story:

The story is to create a settlement and that we leave the settlement in a shape that it can be manage by itself.
The reality is: We created and destroyed a lot. In the end what we leave would not be able to stay alive: Almost no production, only frameworks without road connections to some production buildings, no diplomacy (needed to be destroyed to have space for production building frameworks.

=> The reality should be quite different: Create and create. Never need to destroy except for replacing something by better buildings.

@Zarok Dai : It would be great if you share your view on this.

DeletedUser9739

build, build, build, destroy, destroy, destroy, replace with culture buildings to unlock.... rince and repeat :(
no luck with the bonus, couldn't finish in time and I'm not scarce on playing. Just thinking making it 13 more time... omg! o_O
would be much better if one could buy the upgrades of Yggdrasil or emissaries with ressources produced from the manufactures, at least there would be an incentive to create the village and run it as long as needed.
Building to destroy is not very interesting and the least appealing, not even talking about the reset of expansions... stupid no to be able to keep anything (especially for those who decided to spend diamonds for them)
I know Yggdrasil max lvl can yield to 8 pfs but regarding the amount of effort to get it, it pales in comparison with prizes from any other major event.
The idea is nice but the realisation is far from satisfying.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Hard to make all happy :)
I love the settlements, yes I may choose to take it more relaxed in some of my 5 towns (6 with Beta), but it is my fail, that I choose to have more than one town.
The events mess up my time way more than the settlements will do. Running the Shrines and Goods buildings in 24 hours turnus should work.
If you start with getting 3 expansions with axes and then 3 with mead, you should be doing fine. Then unlock until you get to Beast Hunter will give you a good start.
Sure Shrines do give better, when you run 4 hours but you get same cc for 2x8 hours vs 1x24 hours.
Do not have more Goods buildings than you can feed with cc.
If you can't login several times a day, you need more expansions than if you can havest each 4 hours.
More shrines = more Diplomacy = less build and destroy
It will be replace with better buildings and Diplomacy won't be a problem

Impossible, no, a challenge, yes

NormaJeane

Viceroy
To all posters and readers of this thread:
I'm going to close this thread to avoid double postings and confusion.

This because a while ago we opened a new feedback thread, where you can post your current comments on Cultural Settlements:

[Feedback] Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

P.S. I also will move some posts from this thread to the new one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.