• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9643

I played a bit of football today :).
I'm not sure whether the following is intended:

1/ I could not hear any 'football' sound when moving the ball (shouting of crowds, calling the next move by quarterback, sound when a player is hit, etc.). Will this be added? I remember that the soccer 2018 event had sound (shouting of the crowds).

2/ I only see passing game, no running game. Even for the short distances. Will the running game be added to simulate the full world of football?

DeletedUser5439

We do listen, but it doesn't mean we incorporate all feedback. If an event like this has returned you can be sure we have the analytics to show that a majority participated in it last time :)

If a bug bites me, I scratch the itch. Doesn't mean I'm happy about the bug in the first place.

Seems to me we all do the non-stop events because occasionally they have a decent prize, or because the goodies we can pick up along the way are nice to see in our inventories. But what many people have been saying for a long time now (seems it's ever since Anwar Delati died and sanity was abandoned) is that we'd all appreciate a break between events, especially since they are more likely these days to have 70 quests in them than the old 20 or 25. I keep hoping for a week where I can take a city down to basics and rebuild it, but I can't if I am in the middle of an event or preparing for the one that's about to start.

One thing about it, though. I put my plastic firmly in my wallet. Blatant attempts to get me to spend money tend to have the opposite effect - I used to occasionally buy diamonds, but not anymore....

DeletedUser5439

Oh, I seem to recall last year we could turn off the animations - watching cartoon figures wiggle their behinds does not increase my enjoyment of a game - but this time, even turning off all city animations didn't stop the graphics. PLEASE - provide an 'off' switch for them!

Feanor II

Baronet
One thing about it, though. I put my plastic firmly in my wallet. Blatant attempts to get me to spend money tend to have the opposite effect - I used to occasionally buy diamonds, but not anymore....

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I don't care that they're clearly trying to get me to spend money since everyone else does it anyway as well. In this case, they dropped an egg of an Event for the Winter Event so I start thinking "Oh man, I wish the prize was better so it would be worth buying!" Then at the same time I'm going to be getting my tax refund along comes that better thing...

Of course, everyone else is a salesman, so what else is new. If they offer something worth buying I'll buy it, if they don't I won't.

I'll make a bold prediction (since we'll never know, I can afford to be bold): The Forge Bowl Event will make at least 50% more money for IG than the Winter Event.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hm, classical garden set does have attack boost after all... ideal layout for attack boost is 2 of the pool, plus 1 of each of the others between. Including half-road in HMA this is 10% attack boost for 27 squares. Does anyone have stats on the pool in a higher age to know if it improves?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regarding the football game itself:

A touchdown is 80 yards. Players you can pass to are at 4 precisely marked distances (4 copper,5 bronze,6 silver,7 gold yards). You will get 3 different distances each time and it appears any distance can be the omitted one. Any excess yards do get tacked onto your next start position so they're not wasted.

With all that in mind... Players range from 1060 balls / TD (only one player below 1100) to 1200 balls / TD. I would guess that it'll actually be a bit more than 1100 balls / TD on average (1150 being my conservative guesstimate). Also with the variance so small if there's any specials or chest contents you actually like, I'd recommend putting more of a focus on that.

Assuming the upgrade is not going to be a special as is the recent trend, and that every 2nd prize is an upgrade...

Silver tier will complete one after 9 touchdowns (~10350 footballs). Bronze tier after 11 touchdowns (~12650 footballs).

50*100+21*80+200+1250 = 8130 free footballs. It seems likely to complete it you'll need 4k diamonds of footballs as that should secure you silver based on past events with the league boards and the 9 touchdowns.

The 7 free touchdowns you're likely to get will leave you at level 8/10 - this is 4 FP and 4% attack boost instead of 6 FP and 8%. It is still likely worth building, though concerns over aesthetics of a scaffolded statue are fair.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Which age?
doesn't matter

there are 2.5 quests per day by design

if he is at quest 8 then he has done the quests of almost 3 days on the first day

:rolleyes:

and 3 days are 72 FP even in bronze age: more than those 56

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
@Zarok Dai
there seems to be a visual bug in the event-window (Chrome - HTML5) - the position of the hour glass (Edit: probably not an hour glass but the symbol for the classic garden set) for the countdown of the daily special is off to the right and is partially covering the displayed timer.

Last edited:
Pillar of Heroes? I could only reach it to Lv. 6
I don't need a level 6 Colossus. :-/

This is EXACTLY my concern. I have several event buildings that are not maxed. What I'm seeing in the thread so far suggests that the Colossus would be another.

In the Spring event last year, we got kits that gave us a choice when we opened them: use them as set pieces or as upgrades. Choices are nice. Give us Event Building Upgrade Kits and let us decide which building to use it on. That way, even players who, for whatever reason, have no interest in the Colossus might still decide to play the event just for the chance to max out some earlier building.

Using my own experience, at the end of the Winter event, I had managed to get the top Winter Spire and, at that point, largely eased off because it didn't look as if there was anything more to play for. On the other hand, if there had been the possibility of getting some upgrades for those "unfinished" event buildings, at the very least, I'd have given some serious consideration to spending a diamond or two. The upgrades don't have to be universal (although that would be nice) but an upgrade that works on both current and past buildings from the same event would be extremely welcome. Of course, there might be events where the end building isn't an upgradable but there are plenty that are.

DeletedUser

Pillar of Heroes was easy ... since I waited for the kits as dailies (I think they appeared as dailies back then). But with this event ... seems to take at least 1k every touchdown and about maybe 11 touchdowns (if every 2nd one gives a kit + the 3 kits from the quests) ... that will cost a lot. (I doubt we'll get 11k free balls.)

Also the building is not as good as the winter building. (No goods.) Still nice because of the lots of FP and at the level where it produces same than an SoK it is already worth building it. Since it looks ugly at non-maxed level ... I won't build it. And I might ignore any scouting/sectors/provinces/technologies quests on the live servers cause it isn't worth.

Then again ... we might get trolled and they suddenly decide on live server to bring the kit as dailies at the last day. :D

The set buildings aren't that interesting. Since I don't want to get tons of SoK and the Wishing Wells only for my other cities ... the main city will try for the set after all. (Maybe they'll be a level 2 in the future that produces FP and maybe a bit more goods. Attack bonus is useless without also boosting the defense of the attacking troops.)

DeletedUser9410

Seems to me we all do the non-stop events because occasionally they have a decent prize, or because the goodies we can pick up along the way are nice to see in our inventories. But what many people have been saying for a long time now (seems it's ever since Anwar Delati died and sanity was abandoned) is that we'd all appreciate a break between events, especially since they are more likely these days to have 70 quests in them than the old 20 or 25. I keep hoping for a week where I can take a city down to basics and rebuild it, but I can't if I am in the middle of an event or preparing for the one that's about to start.

Agreed 100%.
i think we all still do them because its human nature to be competitive and curious, we all love to win new things and see how they work.

DeletedUser9410

@Zarok Dai
there seems to be a visual bug in the event-window (Chrome - HTML5) - the position of the hour glass (Edit: probably not an hour glass but the symbol for the classic garden set) for the countdown of the daily special is off to the right and is partially covering the displayed timer.

yes im finding that as well.
Thank you

DeletedUser9410

Since it looks ugly at non-maxed level ... I won't build it

Agreed, this is 1 building which i wont have space issues with, i wont build it unless by some miracle i get all the upgrades or they change it so it wont look like an abandoned construction site.

@Zarok Dai
Just to add a visual. Same problem in Firefox, tried with and without HTML5 on.
lbSh6GO.jpg

DeletedUser

So. The statue seems worthwhile - but if couldn't be achieved without diamonds, that's a crap. No goodies, no supplies. Why? (yes, I am still asking that, wondering if you, Inno devs, ever consider answering...)

The set - 4x4 with 5% attack bonus, rest is a garbage. Conclusion - the set is garbage, because this 3x3 pretty little plaza from last event gives me also 5% attack bonus. And plaza IS pretty, one of the prettiest buildings in FoE. I don't know how much you pay people who desing that stuff, but they are worth every penny!

The set - 4x4 with 5% attack bonus, rest is a garbage. Conclusion - the set is garbage, because this 3x3 pretty little plaza from last event gives me also 5% attack bonus. And plaza IS pretty, one of the prettiest buildings in FoE. I don't know how much you pay people who desing that stuff, but they are worth every penny!

If you mean the Winners' Plaza, that only gives 5% in VF. This garden set gives 5% in Iron Age (or all ages based on your comment). It also gives other things which the plaza does not.
Garbage is relative.