• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I think it is intended and should stay as it is. There are similar quests in the main part of the game that work this ways. I know for some quests it is necessary to keep an amount until you can completely finish the quests. But those quests are rare. (If I remember correctly it were some side quests that also had a specific number of buildings you had to have at the same time where you could not build 1, delete 1, build 1 = 2.)

"Have" just means that you need to you need to have that overall diplomacy at one point. Then that part gets marked completed. The other option is "gain" (which often appears in main game with happiness) where you don't need to gain the overall amount requested and keep such an amount (x more compared to the time you got the quest) - you can just gain it in small steps even if you delete and lose in between and the overall gain is 0 at the end after you delete everything you built.

Doesn't even the "enthusiastic" check (which indirectly refers to the total amount of happiness) still stay marked as finished even if you delete something - as long as it had been finished at one point of time before.

A bit weird though that it is different for the goods buildings and diplomacy. I mean I could understand if someone built 5 goods buildings, deleted them ... completed the diplomacy ... and then built 1 goods building. (Then at no point in time he had 6 goods buildings. But if he built 6 deleted them - then that part should stay completed.)

But that isn't really a big deal since a lot of other stuff is a bit "weird". (I mean ... even in the main game. When you have to built stuff and end up deleting it before it even finished. But would be too hard to request that it needs to be finished first. A lot of people seem to have building sites for goods buildings at the end of their settlement.)

DeletedUser9410

Whilst i say thank you for trying with something new and challenging.
For me the simple question is this..... Would i take the time and effort to do it on the live servers ? sadly my answer is i MIGHT do it on 1 world, but other than that a resounding NO.
My 3 main reasons... 1st) NO WAY am i going to spend diamonds on live server that are going to get flushed down the toilet.
2) Having to build and delete and rebuild constantly is frustrating and time consuming.
3) Perhaps too many quests in it and the fact that it has to be done over and over and OVER again.

5 days to spare is quite good I think... did you collect more often than every 4h for copper coins during the day?

I will probably finish today with 3 days to spare and zero diamonds used. I bought 2 goods expansion each from every good and used 4-4-4-8 cycle for copper and goods production - sometimes I got in on or two extra 1h productions for copper. I do not think I could have finished much quicker with my chosen strategy - some hours maybe, but not two days - I will see in the second run (the first one was cut short - so it does not really count...) if I can somehow improve on that.
I had 1 week vacation, so that's probably the reason I had 5 days left ! Yes, I also did 15 min and 1 h copper productions, but on the other hand : at the end i had mmore than 20K copper left !! lol
I also bought most expansions (10 in total) very early on my settlement going at the start rather slow, but after that it all goes way more faster, so I believe buying expansions rather early safe time on the second half of completing a settlement, so :
slower start = faster ending . (slower because most goods paid for expansions slow done the advancements a bit)
That's my first impression, I can be wrong ! Maybe I discover next time other things ...

Damjan88

Merchant
Bit over 4 days in my 3rd settlement, i was running 25 goods per day per building until the horns expansions. Right know i am 1 hut short of producing enough copper to run everything on an 8hour cycle . So with better stone placement that is easily done, this way i need either 8h/8h/4h/4h shrine prod or 8h/8h/4h/1h/1h combination :D So it can be done even on a busy schedule :D
ffff.jpg

DeletedUser

Someone asked where are we, who didn't like Vikings. We are still here, bored. What sense does it make to write all over that it is boring...? After all, it's not like someone would REALLY listen :)

I can't event try it out properly, playing mostly on app. And I don't have patience nor will to do it anymore. There are too many more interesting and gratyfying games to waste my time on - I just do this instead of bragging about boring Vikings...

I had 1 week vacation, so that's probably the reason I had 5 days left ! Yes, I also did 15 min and 1 h copper productions, but on the other hand : at the end i had mmore than 20K copper left !! lol
I also bought most expansions (10 in total) very early on my settlement going at the start rather slow, but after that it all goes way more faster, so I believe buying expansions rather early safe time on the second half of completing a settlement, so :
slower start = faster ending . (slower because most goods paid for expansions slow done the advancements a bit)
That's my first impression, I can be wrong ! Maybe I discover next time other things ...

That's too much copper to be left with. You could have saved yourself more time by cutting down your copper production and have added more goods buildings. Ideally I would want to finish my settlement with zero copper and zero of each good remaining so I didn't waste any time.

DeletedUser8119

Interesting that after1200 diplomacy is achieved it is completed and you can delete diplomacy buildings to build 6 goods buildings. Will factor that in next time around.

I guess if problem solving a puzzle is not your thing it will be boring for some. For me bring it on

DeletedUser8304

Hi, i finally have the update for tablet. Many thanks. The game should be much easier now.

DeletedUser8304

Per the Login screen on a mobile device we are already on 1.142. I too am really looking forward to this update as it is seriously messing with my copper production and ability to finish the settlement in a timely manner. So what is the hold up?

ithas arrived on google play.....

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
That's too much copper to be left with. You could have saved yourself more time by cutting down your copper production and have added more goods buildings. Ideally I would want to finish my settlement with zero copper and zero of each good remaining so I didn't waste any time.

but you also never know, when the x4 hits... so its normal to have too many copper coins in the end if you use the strategy to switch between copper and goods productions. I had 10K too many in the end, but it would have been close if I did not get any 4x instead of the 4 or 5 times it then hit...

DeletedUser

It still doesn't keep track of the amount of Vikings - every now and then. Don't know if going back to main city and then switching to settlement fixes it ... or if relogging/reloading is needed.

I just noticed this morning that I could have deleted 2 more shacks and replaced them with shrines. (A bit low on copper. Newly started settlement. Next ist to unlock huts. I have built and deleted lots of shacks, shrines and removed axe smith and built 2 mead brewery.)

Yesterday evening the count showed about 0 or 1 maybe. This morning I think it was 67. But I first noticed this when I went back (reload) after checking my main cities at the live servers first.

Browser version and flash in firefox latest version, Win 7.

Just started my 3rd Settlement and the cultural goods for unlocking advancements (random choosed!) changed a lot :
this time I need almost 100 Axes more, a bit more Mead, but a bit less Horns and 40 less Wool than previous settlement .
This can sure change my strategy ! But this time I wish to play more relaxed (no 5 min or 15 min prod!) to see if that's possible in best time and without using diamonds.

DeletedUser8362

C'mon already... create a super cool viking troop unit... get 1 as a reward every time we complete a settlement.

Think of diamond sales for resurrection :)

I should have been able to finish this settlement with a few hours to spare but then the last quest - Have 6 goods buildings and 1200 diplomacy proves to be impossible without another expansion. There's no time left to produce the required goods to purchase another expansion and I will not use diamonds because I would not do so on the live servers. After all the time I put into this, I feel cheated out of completing the settlement on time. There was no way to plan for the surprise requirement of 1200 diplomacy. Based on this experience, I can guarantee that I will never bother with this nonsense on the live server.

DeletedUser

I should have been able to finish this settlement with a few hours to spare but then the last quest - Have 6 goods buildings and 1200 diplomacy proves to be impossible without another expansion. There's no time left to produce the required goods to purchase another expansion and I will not use diamonds because I would not do so on the live servers. After all the time I put into this, I feel cheated out of completing the settlement on time. There was no way to plan for the surprise requirement of 1200 diplomacy. Based on this experience, I can guarantee that I will never bother with this nonsense on the live server.
sell everything
build those 1x1 diplomacy stones
reach 1200 diplomacy

sell all stones
build enough houses to build 6 goods buildings

it is stupid work but it works and you can do that in a few minutes

because
In relation to the final cultural quest:
If you gain the 1200 diplomacy, then delete the diplomacy buildings, then build the goods building the quest will complete, but if you build the goods buildings first, then delete them and build the diplomacy the quest will not complete.
This is because the quest only counts the goods buildings when both quest conditions have been met.