• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion] No More Events Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
All I see in the feedback threads are people bitching that the prizes are worthless garbage that no one wants, that the tasks that are "too hard" (no matter where the bar is set, they still complain), that there are too many events, and on and on and on. I disagree completely, but that's just me.

Put up polls on all of the forums, and notify players in-game, via Twitter, via Facebook and whatever else, that there's a poll. Let the players actually vote on whether or not they want to be bothered by these things they know they don't have to participate in but like to complain about anyway.

Seriously. Poll the players, post the results, then go with the prevailing opinion. If that opinion is to do away with all events, so be it.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

You actually don't need polls. All you really need is actual ingame data of the players. And Inno's got a lot of data. Who plays when for how long and uses what currency for what event building while having what other buildings in the city and so on.
They, as a matter of fact, know really really good how many events they can bring online, even when people are bit'ng around on forums and facebook.

"I will not pay any more cents on this damned game! I hate you all."
Minutes later...
"Gosh, I want that premium expansion." *buys diamonds*

Same thing.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
And many of the complaints you're complaining about are also just exasperated diatribes because while they might not know what they do want to see, they do know they're tired of seeing more of the same. Try not to take things so personally - you're free to say you love the event if you do. Burned out players may protest for less events they feel compelled to do. Some players may object to RNG aspects of events. Analytical players may dissect the rewards and event structure as to whether or not they're worthwhile and what the likely free rewards will be and what the diamond cost of getting more is (along with whether or not they're likely to spend on the particular event based on that). It's all feedback that inno may note or ignore. Expecting a love-in for every tiny piece of content is wholly unrealistic.

DeletedUser

there can't be too much events only too less :p

players who want to do events can do them
players who don't like events can ignore them

so too much events and you can ignore them
but if there would be too less events what can I do ? correct nothing except play a different game

Emberguard

Emperor
I wouldn't mind if there's less events spread out through the year. But no way I'm going to protest to events being hosted, and if events stopped existing all together it'd be a completely different game - it'd certainly be a much slower game and FPs a lot harder to come by for newer players

When it comes to the "too hard" complaint I've got to wonder when did this expectation come in that you should never lose in a game or improve your strategy to overcome a obstacle?

If it were something that was unable to be completed at all by the majority of players then that'd be a reasonable complaint. But most of time when asking for details as to why it's too hard the players complaining haven't even tried more then one method to complete the quest and are perfectly capable of adjusting to the quest while still staying in their niche strategy.

Edit:
It's pretty amazing actually (in a good way) that the game is as friendly towards not progressing through the tech tree as it is. Just unrealistic to expect it to cater towards every aspect of camping given its not designed for that. (Otherwise why do we have a tech tree?)

I don't know of any other game where not upgrading is a viable strategy for progress of any kind. Usually I'd expect such behavior to get your butt kicked severely by any game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4282

Hi, no complaints here, lol.. Just about to kick them there Vikings and no Football either! ;)

DeletedUser

It's okay to have lots of events. But there should be a bigger break between them. Especially AFTER a long event. (So you can cool down and relax a bit. You need that after a lot of work. Not before a longer next event.)

After the long Winter I'd hope for at least 2-3 weeks without an event on live servers. Maybe less historical questlines ... if there isn't enough room to fit in some breaks if you make more weeks without events. I mean the questlines are just your simple boring FoE quest with no event mechanic and only for a few of them the rewards were really interesting. And most people don't read the quest text.

So removing quest lines and using the free space in the schedule to start the events a bit later (more time in between without events) - could be an option.

DeletedUser9410

i enjoy the events, it adds some challenges and a chance to get something new, Speaking of something new..... Whilst i understand and accept that Inno wont give expansions as rewards and also understand and accept the reasons for this, i also understand that part of the game is the challenge of fitting stuff in the space you have.
However, having said that, would it be unreasonable to ask that Inno consider perhaps lowering the costs of expansions, with all these events running after each other, I ( and i'm sure others ) am sitting with the situation that i have some great stuff won in an event, now i have more great stuff from the next event. I now have the VERY difficult choice of deleting my older good stuff so that i can place the new stuff, or leaving the new stuff for weeks in my inventory until i have tons of diamonds or medals to get more expansions.
This is like giving a child some new toys BUT telling him there is not enough space in his toy box so he must throw away his old favorites or store the new ones in a cupboard. He can look at it but cant play with it.
I also agree that perhaps leaving a slightly longer time frame between events, especially big ones.

DeletedUser

I am complaining about a lot of things. It's because I love the game. It has no competition in its own category. And I want it to still be the best, you know. All slow cooked dishes needs more salt than sugar to be incredibly tasteful, right? ;)

I can deal with non-stop event festive, though I would like more quiet time to manage my cities. But hey, more free diamonds for me from free WWs this way, right? :)

But I don't agree with "give us more expansions" argument. I have all of them on my main. Now I have to choose what old "toys" to swap for better, new ones. And that is part of game, part of fun. And they did change it, mind you. They gave upgradable buildings, which saved some space. I like that direction very much, the way it is now.

DeletedUser9410

I am complaining about a lot of things. It's because I love the game. It has no competition in its own category. And I want it to still be the best, you know. All slow cooked dishes needs more salt than sugar to be incredibly tasteful, right? ;)

I can deal with non-stop event festive, though I would like more quiet time to manage my cities. But hey, more free diamonds for me from free WWs this way, right? :)

But I don't agree with "give us more expansions" argument. I have all of them on my main. Now I have to choose what old "toys" to swap for better, new ones. And that is part of game, part of fun. And they did change it, mind you. They gave upgradable buildings, which saved some space. I like that direction very much, the way it is now.

Im NOT asking for more expansions, please read the post properly, im asking that perhaps they might consider lowering the costs. If YOU have somehow managed to get all of them then thats great for you, but im betting there are a LOT more players who dont. Yes they gave upgradeable as well as shrinkable buildings. but how many new buildings that are not have come out in the last few events. The winter event gave us a 4x4 main building, 2 weeks later the forge event also gives us a 4x4 building, and what if i was really lucky and won 4 charming cottages , thats 4 4x3 buildings plus my 6 wishing wells, 3 rogue hideouts and 4 sleigh builders. Im NOT complaining, ( im very happy to have won them ) i understand its all part of the game, HOWEVER, i was taught if you would like something then you should ask, you will either get it, or you wont. BUT if you dont ask then you sure wont get it.

DeletedUser9410

We are kind of drifting off the OP here ;)

Perhaps a bit, BUT it is related, for me the 2 big events running almost side by side is an issue mainly because i'm winning very nice prizes ( for which im grateful and very happy :p) but even here, where we are given diamonds ( most of which i use to buy expansions ) i cant keep up with expanding fast enough because it take a long time for me to collect enough medals or techs to get them.
I have the Colossus plus Athletes living quarters both of which i cant place unless i delete 2 or more decent buildings plus there is the need to have at least 20 production buildings ( and even blacksmiths start taking up space ) to be able to do the production quests, eg... 20 X 8 hr productions unless i have less and take a lot longer to do the quests.:(
Im NOT complaining, im just stating my opinion and asking a question, this is what i was under the impression is the purpose of the forum.
For us to give feedback on our thoughts about the game ?

Perhaps a bit, BUT it is related, for me the 2 big events running almost side by side is an issue mainly because i'm winning very nice prizes ( for which im grateful and very happy :p) but even here, where we are given diamonds ( most of which i use to buy expansions ) i cant keep up with expanding fast enough because it take a long time for me to collect enough medals or techs to get them.
I have the Colossus plus Athletes living quarters both of which i cant place unless i delete 2 or more decent buildings plus there is the need to have at least 20 production buildings ( and even blacksmiths start taking up space ) to be able to do the production quests, eg... 20 X 8 hr productions unless i have less and take a lot longer to do the quests.:(
Im NOT complaining, im just stating my opinion and asking a question, this is what i was under the impression is the purpose of the forum.
For us to give feedback on our thoughts about the game ?

I think that this is one of the reason inno is switching to multilevel buildings. I remember in the live server being very constrained by the need for more space and that the expansions were too costly. Over time though the costs have gone to a relative pittance. I think that is intentional by the devs. It should not be so easy to get the expansions at first and only gets easier the longer you play. Until then you just need to make some hard decisions about what can and can't go down.

DeletedUser9410

I think that this is one of the reason inno is switching to multilevel buildings. I remember in the live server being very constrained by the need for more space and that the expansions were too costly. Over time though the costs have gone to a relative pittance. I think that is intentional by the devs. It should not be so easy to get the expansions at first and only gets easier the longer you play. Until then you just need to make some hard decisions about what can and can't go down.
:(:(:( Yes, very true. but as i said before, no harm in asking ;)
guess i will just have to be patient.

Dessire

Regent
1. you are totally free to participate or not in events. if devs/innogames give us one event each month that doesn't mean you must participate. daaaahh!! :v :V :v :V
2. expansions are expensive? pls, if you can complete 3 and/or 4 levels of GE you can get a lot of diamonds per week. also, you don't need spend real cash in order to get diamond expansions, for example, I have my frontenac at level 80. when you finish the last main mission of each era, the game gives you 200 diamonds. frontenac at level 80 transform those 200 diamonds in 1.200 diamonds! also some historical events gives you sometimes diamonds too! . frontenac is a GB that allows you get tons of diamonds to spend then in expansions. I have already gotten more than six 1,000 diamonds expansions thanks to my frontenac and that is not the best part of that building, I have more than 900M of gold and 920M of supplies thanks to this GB and I don't have the necessity of goods because frontenac gives me a lot of goods per day. this game gives you all the things to get anything without paying a dime. the only thing you need is patience.
3.if you need space you must check how your city organization is, and see if you can delete some buildings like houses, factories, etc. do you have houses? level up your innovation tower! do you have goods and/or goods/supplies factories? build frontenac and level it up to level 60 atleast! in my city have enough space to build a 7x7 GB, a 6x6 GB and 4 5x6 TF and I have the space free becuase i don't have more TF and I don't have the necessity of build more GBs. and that is thanks to buildings likes innovation tower and frontenac and thanks to a good organization.
stop complaining and do something to improve your city and get what you want! everything is possible in this game! just patience! that's all you need!

DeletedUser9410

1. you are totally free to participate or not in events. if devs/innogames give us one event each month that doesn't mean you must participate. daaaahh!! :v :V :v :V
2. expansions are expensive? pls, if you can complete 3 and/or 4 levels of GE you can get a lot of diamonds per week. also, you don't need spend real cash in order to get diamond expansions, for example, I have my frontenac at level 80. when you finish the last main mission of each era, the game gives you 200 diamonds. frontenac at level 80 transform those 200 diamonds in 1.200 diamonds! also some historical events gives you sometimes diamonds too! . frontenac is a GB that allows you get tons of diamonds to spend then in expansions. I have already gotten more than six 1,000 diamonds expansions thanks to my frontenac and that is not the best part of that building, I have more than 900M of gold and 920M of supplies thanks to this GB and I don't have the necessity of goods because frontenac gives me a lot of goods per day. this game gives you all the things to get anything without paying a dime. the only thing you need is patience.
3.if you need space you must check how your city organization is, and see if you can delete some buildings like houses, factories, etc. do you have houses? level up your innovation tower! do you have goods and/or goods/supplies factories? build frontenac and level it up to level 60 atleast! in my city have enough space to build a 7x7 GB, a 6x6 GB and 4 5x6 TF and I have the space free becuase i don't have more TF and I don't have the necessity of build more GBs. and that is thanks to buildings likes innovation tower and frontenac and thanks to a good organization.
stop complaining and do something to improve your city and get what you want! everything is possible in this game! just patience! that's all you need!

my initial reaction is to say something VERY rude and nasty, however im going to control myself and say this.
1... look at my post before yours.
2 its easy for people who are high level and have been playing for a long time and have extremely high level gb's to waffle on about how great they are and how easy it is to get things. also to be condescending and make out like because they consider themselves "experts" they are better than other people.
2 open your eyes ( and mind ) and re-read my initial post, there was no complaint, so who are you talking to about complaining,.
the only thing you need is patience.

AGAIN read the message above yours again.
4. why whenever someone asks a question, makes a suggestion gives personal feedback or ventures an opinion ( the reason i was under the impression the forum exists ) do people like you automatically jump on your soap box and slag us off and at the same time telling us how wonderful your city is and how fantastic a player you are whilst at the same time trying to make us look like fools and idiots.
NOT everyone is high level, not everyone knows every trick or everything about the game ( unlike you, obviously ) not everyone has stacks of time to dedicate to a game, so sometimes they would like to do things but with a bit of a break in .between and because people say this they dont need YOU or people like you to make them look bad

Status
Not open for further replies.