• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

FP's on others GB's

NorMags

Baronet
Is there somewhere in the rules that says you cannot put FP's on others GB's if they have told you not to do it? One member in my guild on Norwegian server has been told by the CM that actions will be taken against him if he continue to do so.

Amy Steele

Regent
EN forum admin Amy Steele, 4.2m points and ~1000 battles in how many years of playing?
5 years, but I don't enjoy fighting. I don't pvp any more and almost always negotiate sectors. I love the negotiation game in GE and also love Settlements. Completed my 1st Settlement in 18 days or so, and am on course to complete my 3rd in about 15 days. At one time I was in the top 300 in Houndsmoor on EN, and I still play as actively as modding duties allow. There is so much more to this game than the fighting, and that is something I love about Forge of Empires - the game is wide enough and deep enough to cater for many different play styles :)

As to the OP, as has been pointed out, there is nothing in the rules stopping someone from donating to your GBs - though I often wish there was a mechanism for doing this!

Lady M.

Steward
LM used to play,

Oh I still play Neoth, I simply don't play on East Nagach anymore, which was never my main world to begin with. I still run my guild in A and am at the end of VF2 , have 55.5 million points and rank 126th in that world. I'm in AF here. And in CE on my US game, which I've been playing for less than a year. So that is also an incorrect assumption on your part. I'm also not sure why you would think that battles define the regularity of ones play when there is far more to the game than just that, at least for me.

DeletedUser8859

Number of battles is one, but not the only way to measure activity.
  • Go to one of the FOE fan websites around where players activity can be monitored, down to the change in ranking points during the last 24 hours. Even with graphs of how the ranking points and battles have change over the last months.
  • GB levels changes in the last 24 hrs.
Need a link to website?
In game you can check:
  • Changes at city, do the player has built something from the previous or current event?
  • Others

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

If someone would check my cities at EN would quickly notice that:
  • I have cities in all worlds of EN.
  • Only five are relatively active.
  • Only 3 are active daily.

DeletedUser

So, I am curious, how it all ended? Could we get "to be continued"? Did the colleague stopped his investments? Did you get banned for telling us the story?

NorMags

Baronet
He's still continuing investing on others GB's, and it was him who got a warning for telling me he got a warning...:), you're not allowed to tell others what support is telling you...:confused:

NorMags

Baronet
But how did they know he's told you...?
Because i got very upset when i heard it, so i wrote to CM/Support and asked if he had lost his mind. And i was told it was not my business, i tried to argue it was mine AND everybody who plays this game's business if one can risk being excluded by some creative CM's interpretation of the rules. He then closed the ticket.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This is a public forum. How could they not know about it if they ever visit beta? (or if they mention this thread)
Beta forum and national servers support are separate systems, you know. And I doubt you would get support warning because you wrote something on forum. That would rather be forum warning....

Emberguard

Emperor
Beta forum and national servers support are separate systems, you know. And I doubt you would get support warning because you wrote something on forum. That would rather be forum warning....
I'm well aware of that. But Mods are players too. Of course now we know they found out because the friend directly wrote to the CM, but even if they hadn't there's nothing stopping anyone from visiting other forums. This is Beta. If they were to visit anywhere outside of their native language this would be a pretty good bet.

For that matter the OP specifically mentioned which server they're referring to. It wouldn't have to be the CM specifically seeing this thread for the team to be aware of it. Any of the Norwegian team passing by could alert the CM about this thread existing

Last edited:

DeletedUser

To be clear. Communications between a player and support are private and confidential. It is a violation of our rules to share your communications with and from support with anyone, whether in the game or on our forums.

DeletedUser

Shold'nt it then be in the Game Rules too?

Ideally yes it should. For now it would fall under section 9:

"The Community Management of the Beta version of Forge of Empires are the final arbiters of
any rules dispute. Their interpretation of these rules is final."​

As it is a forum rule, and with all of the new privacy issues we have been addressing with GDPR, it is in everyone's best interest to not post support communications.
It never serves a positive purpose, players can get upset about something without knowing any of the details, and it is a violation of privacy.
If someone has a concern about a support response or action, feel free to contact us through ingame support.
Thanks all :)