• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Real-Time PvP Duels

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllamHRK

Baronet
I know that when we talk in real time in a game of this type it's very difficult and probably this idea will never go beyond this topic but ...
It would be interesting if there were as you challenge another player to a real-time PvP battle where it would look something like chess but much faster course. Type each player has X seconds to make his move and attack or position his unit where he thinks best in the field. There would be no restrictions of eras or units, any player can duel against any other as long as he accepts the duel.

The difference of attacking a player in the neighborhood is that even in this case you are still fighting against an NPC not against the player itself, in real-time duels would be player VS player even to see who actually has the best strategy and not who has the higher attack and defense bonus. You could challenge a player by chatting by clicking on the player's name and '' dribble '' or something, if the other player accepts both they can choose the units they want to take before starting the duel.
Capturar.JPG
This feature could be even more interesting if you had to make '' bets '' before the duel, for example both bet 100 PFs or goods as long as both have these resources, who wins takes the resources bet on the duel. In addition these duels could give more points in the ranking than a conventional fight.

I believe that this feature would make the game much more interesting, but as I said at the beginning I am 100% sure that this will not leave this topic as well as several other ideas that I have already suggested in this forum. Still thank you to you who have read so far. Good game.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

like chess but much faster
or much slower :rolleyes:
speed chess with 1 minute starting time and 5 seconds additional for each move are very fast online

so unless you have the same or faster time limit you have slower battler

and not who has the higher attack and defense bonus
so both sides battle without any bonus

to see who actually has the best strategy
actually you only see who made the better choice in troops

like rock paper scissors
you chose and then you see who has won

would be the same in battles
you come with 1 ronin bot and 7 rogues and your opponent with 8 rocket troops
the winner is already decided

but there is no need to discuss it any further
this idea is already submitted for review to the developers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

actually you only see who made the better choice in troops...
the winner is already decided

Not necessarily. After each Player set their 8 units army there are still strategic choices to be made during battle that will influence in the final outcome.
For example:
  • Which unit(s) kill first?
  • Which unit(s) to avoid until later?
  • Advance for an early attack and kill x number of units before they manage to fire once?
  • Stay at baseline and wait for them to advance and get into firing range?
  • Which unit leave for last for Rogues Transformation (if applicable) (if allowing Rogues to get that chance)?
Example:
Opponent comes in with a mix of troops that includes among others an Artillery unit, plus also Rogues. I happened to have a Flying unit in my 8 unit army which is immune to that Artillery unit. My strategy would be defeat all other units first, while protecting my Flying unit and leave for the end the Artillery plus any Rogues. If the opponent fail to kills my Flying Unit earlier, the battle will end with my Flying Unit vs 1 Artillery and x Rogues. Even with one (1) life square left on the Flying unit I win.

However, if opponent manage to kill my Flying unit, the battle will follow another path and victory would depend on the other units, and the choices made with them.

DeletedUser8859

AllamHRK said:
and not who has the higher attack and defense bonus

so both sides battle without any bonus

I think the OP refers that when battling against the AI higher attack and defense bonus influence more the outcome of the battle vs when the opponent is a player that can use better strategies than the AI.

The battles would use Players attack and defense bonus, plus the player strategy, not the Defense City AI.

AllamHRK

Baronet
[QUOTE = "BetaTest03, post: 71250, membro: 3622"] ou muito mais lento :rolar os olhos:
velocidade de xadrez com 1 minuto de início e 5 segundos adicionais para cada movimento são muito rápidos online

Então, a menos que você tenha o mesmo ou mais rápido limite de tempo você tem um combatente mais lento

então ambos os lados lutam sem nenhum bônus

na verdade você só vê quem fez a melhor escolha nas tropas

como tesoura de papel de pedra
você escolheu e então você viu quem ganhou

seria o mesmo em batalhas
você vem com 1 ronin bot e 7 rogues e seu oponente com 8 tropas de foguetes
o vencedor já está decidido

mas não há necessidade de discutir mais
essa ideia já foi enviada para revisão para os desenvolvedores [/ QUOTE]

Okay, but when you attack a neighbor, is not that your stone, paper, or scissors? It means if your neighbor has a ronim and you attack with a rocket troop already won, but if it is the opposite already lost.

As for this aspect they stay for them in any form of fighting can not be different, but I have seen cases where you attack with weaker units or that have no bonus against the enemy and manages to win only using battlefield and strategy of fact , such as using well the camouflage of a unit and other special abilities, that was the point to which I referred when I spoke in principle.

The main point of the idea for me would be that you could challenge a game and actually fight it, not against its units controlled by an NPC. Being able to bet resources in these duels and gain more points in them, leaving the game more competitive and interesting.

DeletedUser8859

Ok, mas quando você ataca um vizinho, não é essa a sua pedra, papel ou tesoura? Isso significa que se o seu vizinho tem um ronim e você atacar com uma tropa de foguetes já ganhou, mas se é o oposto já perdido.
Quanto a esse aspecto eles ficam para eles em qualquer forma de luta não pode ser diferente, mas tenho visto casos em que você ataca com unidades mais fracas ou que não tem bônus contra o inimigo e consegue vencer apenas usando campo de batalha e estratégia de fato, como como usar bem a camuflagem de uma unidade e outras habilidades especiais, esse foi o ponto ao qual me referi quando falei em princípio.
O ponto principal da ideia para mim seria que você poderia desafiar um jogo e realmente lutar contra ele, não contra suas unidades controladas por um NPC. Ser capaz de apostar recursos nesses duelos e ganhar mais pontos neles, deixando o jogo mais competitivo e interessante.

Translation:
Okay, but when you attack a neighbor, isn't that your rock, paper or scissors? This means that if your neighbor has a ronim and you attack with a troop of rockets already won, but if it is the opposite already lost.
As for this aspect they stay for them in any form of struggle can not be different, but I have seen cases in which you attack with weaker units or that have no bonuses against the enemy and manages to win only using battlefield and strategy indeed , such as how to use a unit's camouflage and other special abilities well, that was the point I referred to when I spoke in principle.
The main point of the idea for me would be that you could challenge a game and really fight it, not against your units controlled by an NPC. Be able to bet resources on these duels and earn more points in them, leaving the game more competitive and interesting.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
For troop selection I see these obvious choices:

- completely hidden - you only see what the opponent has, when the battlefield is opened
- players pick troops in turns
- players get allotted a set of random units (of the specified age)

Also, all of these could be implemented and the players get to select the duel mode of their choice

Questions:

In cases, in which the player is allowed to choose troops for the battle: can he only select troops he has available (as with other battles) or can he freely select from an infinite pool (maybe even from higher ages - only limited by the ages selected for the duel)?

If the troops come from the players stash - are they lost if they "die" in battle?

EDIT: I also like the Idea of (at least an Option to) excluding the cities battle boosts

DeletedUser8859

For troop selection I see these obvious choices:

- completely hidden - you only see what the opponent has, when the battlefield is opened
- players pick troops in turns
- players get allotted a set of random units (of the specified age)

I agree to:
  • Duel pre-agreed on specified ERA units (plus Rogues, Champions, etc.).
  • Completely Hidden selection from own pool of units available at the Army Selection,
  • Players pick in turn option, Challenged Player picks first.
Please explain this one: "players get allotted a set of random units (of the specified age)"
  • This means the game selects the 8 units each player will use? (I do not like this one).
  • This means the game offers a pool of 20, or 24 or infinite units from which the player choose which 8 units he/she will use for the duel?
If the troops come from the players stash - are they lost if they "die" in battle?
  • It is not like the City Defense Army that is reset after battle, their only reward is not getting plundered that day. This is different, both Players (Challenger and Challenged) are battling to win a bet made in FPs or Goods, similar to the Attacking Army in a Hood Battle where a victory leads to a city plunder action to win Goods, or Coins, or Supplies, etc. Therefore the units that "die" in battle shall be lost, similar to Attacking Army units.

DeletedUser8859

EDIT: I also like the Idea of (at least an Option to) excluding the cities battle boosts

I would include city battle boosts. If challenging me, the opponent shall face:
  • my strategy (not the City Defense AI),
  • my units, and
  • all my efforts invested in the city to support my Army (boosts from GBs and/or Special Buildings).
What I'm not sure to allow is for the Players (Challenger / Challenged) to open an Attack and/or Defense Bonus bottle from the Inventory or Tavern, to add additional % to the battle boosts. If a boost like these are active then the game shall not allow the Player to place or accept a challenge.

AllamHRK

Baronet
In my view all the resources of support GB's among others must count towards the duel, otherwise would be the same that all were in the era of the iron. The less AI interference the better, you could choose the units among the ones you have available in your army for the selected era in the duel and you can use all the resources available to have greater chances of winning. This is not unfair because the same goes for both of them, the one with the best strategy allied to their support resources should have a better chance of winning.

DeletedUser8859

The Stats, for both Players, should be from their Attack Army, not from Defense Army.

DeletedUser8859

How would the process be ?
  1. Challenger activates a Duel screen and select: Challenged Player, Units ERA(s) allowed, Units Selection Method.
  2. Challenger pays bet (FPs?, Goods?)
  3. Challenger press a confirmation button. (Game send challenge to Challenged Player).
  4. Challenged Player receive Duel Notification, opens it and :
    • Option 1: Rejects the Challenge, press a cancel button. End of Process.
    • Option 2: Accepts the Challenge, pays bet (FPs?, Goods?), and press a confirmation button. Continue at step 5.
    • Option 3: Edit the Challenge, change Units ERA(s) allowed, Units Selection Method or bet amounts. Send Challenge back to the original Challenger to confirm. (Original Challenger accept or reject the challenge).
  5. After both Players confirm they are presented with the Army Selection Screen to choose their Army as per the method pre-selected. Each Player press a button when ready to start battle.
  6. After both Players press the start battle button they are presented with the Battlefield screen with their units. Their moves are time limited.
  7. After battle ends the total bet (FPs?, Goods?) is transferred to the winner.

AllamHRK

Baronet
It would be exactly like that, the only difference would actually be with regard to this '' send '' and '' re-submit '' things between the two players. I thought it could be a window already in real time when one of the two changes one setting at the same time already appears to the other with a small window informing that some change was made in the battle setup to stay tuned or something.

It would look something like this:
1º- The player challenges another by the chat for example, clicking on the name then in a duel option.
2º - Then a window appears for the player who was challenged, similar to that of confirmation when you leave in the middle of a battle, asking if you want to accept or refuse the duel.
Accepting the duel would open the battle configuration window, where it would already show the configurations chosen by the challenger, bet and amount, age of the units, time of the duel and other configurations that may exist.
4º- Then both players can adjust the duel settings, at this point it can be two ways, the two players can edit the settings or just the challenger, but in this case it would have to have a chat type in the duel configuration window for communication between the two, to adjust the settings.
5º- When the two of them agree, both start the duel then the battle occurs according to the correct settings, at the end who wins takes the total value of the bet and the points in the ranking are credited to the winner.

I think maybe it can be done up to a type of waiting room for the player who has an interest in dueling but not with a specific person, the player could enter that place and create his 'battle room' with the settings that he wants. Then other players could enter that same location and select a duel that interests you the most between different battle settings in the list of rooms already created or create your own room and wait for another player to duel with it.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
This means the game selects the 8 units each player will use? (I do not like this one).
Yes, that is what I meant (but not selected from the players stash, but from an infinite inventory not connected to the player)...

If both players get the same random army to play with, this could be a "fair" way to see, who is the better strategist.

This is different, both Players (Challenger and Challenged) are battling to win a bet made in FPs or Goods, similar to the Attacking Army in a Hood Battle where a victory leads to a city plunder action to win Goods, or Coins, or Supplies, etc. Therefore the units that "die" in battle shall be lost, similar to Attacking Army units.

As you said, both are betting something - although I can understand that if the winner looses troops, he is compensated by the win. The looser on the other side not only looses the bet, he additionally would loose troops... Also, if troops are lost, players with Alcatraz would have an enormous advantage as they could challenge tons more people than others.

Maybe some kind of ticketing system needs to be put in place - You could have 3 free Tickets a day (reset to 3 every day, not accumulating) and/or tickets could be bought by a combination of FP/coins/supplies/medals/questrewards...

AllamHRK

Baronet
Well in my opinion there should not be all these limitations that you are imagining, it must be something simple you challenge a player, both choose the units among which they have in their personal army that they gain from Alcatraz and use their GEs attack bonuses ( Zeus, Aachen, Del Monte, Terracotta) and others.

What would make the match fair would both use units of the same era, but we can not also match a player who plays for 6 years and dedicated all that time to evolve with a player who started playing yesterday.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
but we can not also match a player who plays for 6 years and dedicated all that time to evolve with a player who started playing yesterday.
In that case there would only be challenges between players equally far into the game - who would accept a challenge if there was no chance to win to begin with... and to find players with similar conditions - that is already quite hard...

DeletedUser

one important thing is needed in this idea
an option to decline all request

This feature could be even more interesting if you had to make '' bets '' before the duel
two honest players can bet even if their is no bet feature in the game

DeletedUser

I remember the time Diablo3 was released without any PvP content. All players wanted a chance to kil other players. So Blizzard implemented arenas to fight each other. On a voluntary base.
No one ever used this feature.

Before you dream about such a huge implementation you need to consider two questions: "How can Innogames monetize this idea?" and "How many players are actually gonna use this?"

DeletedUser

I only remember the time when Diablo was an offline game :rolleyes:

"How many players are actually gonna use this?"
if you are lucky you find 2 neighbors who you then can fight once a day
and 2 weeks later you get different ones and need to ask all again to find 2 other

btw: challenge somebody and then fight is takes to much time to search somebody to fight and then until he accepts
a better solution would a thing like the high speed one from online poker
you click play: then you are immediately at a table and get your cards and play

for this idea: speed battle
you click: I want fight. and then you get the next player of the same era who also clicks: I want fight
but I doubt there will be enough who accepts fast enough to make this a fun feature

the other player accepts both they can choose the units they want to take before starting the duel.
time wasting for the other
first you select troops and then you click that you want to start a duel

1. select units
2. you click: I want to make a fight
3. you get the next available opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.