• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Sorting out your Inactive friends list

• Thread starter DeletedUser8561
  • Start date

DeletedUser8561

Since we all have lots of friends that most are probably inactive we just slave away msging all of them if they're active.
How do I speed up the process? By looking up every name or the lower points people in the FOE Database ->
http://foestats.com/
I like to have 2 separate windows so I can show 5 friends at a time and the player search list at the same time.
Then I type in a name and right click the profile to a new tab and check if there points chart has not been rising (means they are inactive) and move on.
It does seem tiresome but you end of doing it like clockwork.

Artubar

Baronet
I'm checking the Event History. I don't mind if my friends make any progress or not as long as they keep motivating & visiting my tavern.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
When I want to clean up my friends list, I do the following:

Motivate all of my friends for 3 days.
For the next 3 days I'll only motivate friends from my event history that have motivated me.
After that, I'll remove friends that haven't motivated me which is easy because they'll still have the aid button active under their portrait.

DeletedUser8859

Some of my friends send a message to their all friends telling that they are updating their friend list asking them to just leave the conversation after reading. Then, after a couple of days they check who are still in the conversation and delete them from the friends list.

moideux

Merchant
I am more brutal than LoedVader as I am in a small guild an rely on my friends for aid. If you have not visited me for 2 days, hope you have a whoppie cushion to break your fall :p

DeletedUser8859

As you progress up in FOE, try to be less dependant on friends / motivation.

DeletedUser9410

When I want to clean up my friends list, I do the following:

Motivate all of my friends for 3 days.
For the next 3 days I'll only motivate friends from my event history that have motivated me.
After that, I'll remove friends that haven't motivated me which is easy because they'll still have the aid button active under their portrait.

i do the same but also check the tavern, if it says you still sit here and the tavern is full even after 3 days, then hes got to be inactive.

DeletedUser9643

He can be on vacations for some weeks. And as soon as he is back he can be a daily supporter of your city. So, kicking him might not be the best way as you loose a good supporter.
Indeed I found no easy and less time consuming way to identify the real inactive players except, if their points do not change for a long time (4-6 weeks).
But this means to track the points let's say every month or rely on ForgeDB, which seems not work anymore reliable.

RedRed

Viceroy
When I want to clean the list I do a manual assist for some days, then the last day from the event history; finally I check who is inactive (with external sites on "orange friends")

BTW There is a french extension for firefox on the addons center that creates a report while you look at the pages of your event history. Not sure if it is allowed or it works In general (seems a sort of passive tool accepted by the french community, at least for what I can understand)

Last edited: