• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

What is allowed to post on the forum after new EU internet law?

DeletedUser5097

Hi I just have an very important question for all players from the EU and all forums
of FoE opperating under the EU. What is allowed to post on the FoE forums after
the new EU internet law? So far my understanding goes with this law it's not allowed
to link to anything that isn't yours without permission and/or have to pay even
taxes for just including one single link.
This is an short YouTube film about what I'm talking

To the point are this following things allowed to post and share on EU forums of
FoE?
- Spoilers (like from the past about events, new era's, etc)
- Any screenshot of the game on any FoE forum under EU laws

Further more must the posters if they are from the EU delete all this content if
it isn't allowed? Must we every single person that post anything of the game
on an FoE forum ask permission from Inno before they are allowed to past
it?

Disclaimer:
The YouTube video under the link contains information about a law that may come
very soon next week and will affeact most of us, including Inno. I'm well aware of
the forum rules yet this law does change so much that I can't avoiding giving an link
with proper explenation about this. I don't said that I agree or disagree with the ideas
of the maker of the video I just wanted to share the info with you guys about this
law.;)
If the new law article 13 comes in place links will become... a complicated thing

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Right now I can only refer you to e.g. this link for more information on the GDPR.

In my personal opinion basically this new European Law is a good thing because (quoted from the above mentioned link):

"The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data ... "

I have no doubt that it will take a lot of jurisprudence to explore the true boundaries of GDPR.

Please note that the above is only my personal opinion !!!

DeletedUser16

To the point are this following things allowed to post and share on EU forums of
FoE?
- Spoilers (like from the past about events, new era's, etc)
- Any screenshot of the game on any FoE forum under EU laws
You can post pictures of FoE on the FoE forums :).
Nothing changes in this regard.

Further more must the posters if they are from the EU delete all this content if
it isn't allowed? Must we every single person that post anything of the game
on an FoE forum ask permission from Inno before they are allowed to past
it?
No :).
It should be however kept in mind that if there is any copyrighted content that does not belong to us posted anywhere on our pages (also here on the forums), we will likely remove it.
Of course, if we need to implement further reaching changes, we will.

For now, all is good.
Thanks for bringing it up! :)

DeletedUser5097

Right now I can only refer you to e.g. this link for more information on the GDPR.

In my personal opinion basically this new European Law is a good thing because (quoted from the above mentioned link):

"The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data ... "

I have no doubt that it will take a lot of jurisprudence to explore the true boundaries of GDPR.

Please note that the above is only my personal opinion !!!
Thanks for sharing your opinion.:) Personal and this is just my opinion I'm not sure how this law
would impact the internet in general E.G. fanbase stuff, let's plays (even about FoE are kinda
let's plays), etc.
Thanks for the link but that's the link for an another law about privacy, the law about I was
talking is about coppyrights.;) But for the privacy law I find it a good law, but the coppyright
law is a total diffrent thing. Under this link more information about the new coppyright law
can been find. This is from wikipedia.

It should be however kept in mind that if there is any copyrighted content that does not belong to us posted anywhere on our pages (also here on the forums), we will likely remove it.

For now, all is good.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.:) Your welcome I was just not sure or this new law would
have any (negative) effect on the game. E.G. due possible coppyrigts on the GB's how are bassed
off real buildings and having any effect on the forums. It's now clear for me for that many thanks
for the reply.

Cardena

Squire
The new EU regulations about Copyright do not exist at this moment. There will be consultations in the EU gremiums in the next day.

For using existing recent buildings in the game I would suppose that INNO will need permission even now, but that is INNO's problem.

DeletedUser4381

For now, all is good.

Does that include the image of the Dalek in the tech tree? (Unless of course you have licensed it from the BBC/Terry Nation Estate.)