• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8859

Create a new thread to discus "Blueprints Trading", to keep this one for "Reconstruction Mode" feedback.

DeletedUser8936

Hello, could be please possible to add "only contour of buildings" mod for reconstruction?
There are problems to found empty places if you combined tall and small buildings close to.
for example like there:
0ucr.png
And where is hell that empty place on that? well, there:
yslH.png
And with higher and higher era this problem grow. This could hel players with this problem to solve it.
Thanks!

Good idea! Was rearranging my city today and realizing I had so many single spaces that were hard to see. A 2D version would definitely help. :)

vanguard1

Farmer
Suggestion: let us repeatedly build the same building without selecting it again and again. If you have for example 30 gambrel roof houses in the temporary storage you should be able to select it only once and then click on 30 empty areas in your city to build them all. Currently you have to select them 30 times.

DeletedUser8942

ok im on the regular version so do i have to start over playin the beta to get this reconstruction feature? after spendin like 2-3 years on the regular version lol that would be bad lolol after gettin to the postmodern era lol

DeletedUser

ok im on the regular version so do i have to start over playin the beta to get this reconstruction feature? after spendin like 2-3 years on the regular version lol that would be bad lolol after gettin to the postmodern era lol
you can wait a few weeks or months and then it will be available in the regular version

shad2389

Viceroy
regular version you mean flash player ?

DeletedUser7571

Can I buy new stuff while in this mode? Like when switching from single lane roads to paved double lane roads? This is why most people will need to do reconstruction when they hit this point in the game.

moideux

Merchant
7 cracks at it and I always end up with a black screen and have to manually reload game. While this feature has its benefits, for me it is not working quite right yet. I would like to see a save button other than the overall sve button so that when the memory bubble bursts you don't have to start all over. I have run leaky memoery program (a microsoft app that looks for leaky memory aps and I have found the same culprits everytime. Explorer.exe (which has been reported to microsoft and any browser app running the construction program, ( I have tried 7)

DeletedUser8944

I tried the reconstruction and initially had a problem with computer freezing up. But the second attempt went much smoother. I like the ability to move the city around but it is a real mind breaker to get all the pieces in the right spot. Still dealing with not enough space for buildings but that is what makes the game challenging. Overall, good addition.

DeletedUser8946

I might have a suggestion;
Allowing the buildings and road around the city is a great idea.
How about moving the already put EXPANSIONS so we literally reconstruct the city?

DeletedUser8859

How about moving the already put EXPANSIONS so we literally reconstruct the city?
Although that would allow to fix an tactical error when placing the expansion before, or would allow for an additional flexibility to accommodate a new city design, or when inserting a huge monster like Alcatraz, It is not likely to happen.

DeletedUser8946

Although that would allow to fix an tactical error when placing the expansion before, or would allow for an additional flexibility to accommodate a new city design, or when inserting a huge monster like Alcatraz, It is not likely to happen.

I feared someone would say that. What about moving a limited number of expansions? like 3-4?

housemouse

Squire
One thing everyone needs to understand and stop asking for it is the ability to rotate the buildings.

I do't think so. It's also about the visual design. It would be nice to have at least 2 views of some buildings. It would be less boring.
I think many people are not interested in the space in the grid, but to make their city alive. Often you can only build a residential building because of the number of inhabitants. That's not the way a city looks in real life!

DeletedUser6208

i have tried to use the reconstruction mode twice now. Both times i have been able to get all my buildings into it, but it just shuts down at some point as i am making my way through the task of repositioning all the builds in the new layout.

As there is no way to save progress as you go this will basically mean i will not be bothering with the feature as too big a risk of wasting time

DeletedUser8951

I really agree with players suggesting a discard or delete function for buildings in temporary list that you decide not to put back in the map.
really like this function, great great idea!