• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Alright here goes... So the chest analysis from wiki was actually rather straightforward - essentially it comes out that if you want kits, the 20 blossom gold chest is almost always the right pick. and usually it's a 20% chance for 65 lanterns. The Hanami silver chest is better than any of the golds for relative special chance apparently - but is only one of the 4 silvers, the rest are worse - so i ignored it existed for the following percentages but you'd be wise to pick it to make a slight improvement when it's available. The other silvers aren't terribly worse though so if you like their contents, you can try for them if you want without changing your kit results much. Victor's Fame (bronze) is also reasonably acceptable daily-wise but its contents have nothing nice so i see no reason to take the hit unless it's coming down to your last blossoms and is likely to be a bonus selection. The Going Rogue chest that some people might otherwise want is pretty bad for kits.

upload_2018-3-22_22-22-3.png

At around 1200-1300 lanterns which is my rough guess at how many you get for free (600 main questline + 200 bonus questline + 200 daily login + various tree collections/starting lanterns - i'm not sure what all spawns them this year as i haven't tested it much on beta) you see less than a 10% chance to be the lucky person who pulled 7 or more kits and called it a wonderful event earlier in the thread. and about a 1.5% chance to be the unluckiest man in the world who hasn't even managed a single kit yet (which is to say, it's going to happen to a number of people in a game with thousands of players). The 3 kit minimum to combine with the 2 quest rewards would be a success for about 70-80% of people.

Spending 2000 diamonds for 480 blossoms for more chests will on average get you 1.5 more kits but variance is a you know what.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-23 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Perhaps you can clarify, when hasn't there been a % chance to win something for anything in this game? Even getting a BP for aiding is "luck" based, it's just a %, like maybe 1% or 2%. I mean the only thing guaranteed is what they give as a reward, they're giving away 2 of 5 pieces in the questline, the others you have to like always roll for, either you'll get it or you won't.
at least buying BP isn't luck based

you choose what you want and get exactly what you pay for

can't see that for kits in the event

what would you say to:
according to the event you will get BP when buying randomly in the future

and like always:
either you'll complain or you won't (and I am always in the first group)

and the only thing guaranteed in life is death

let's go back to the roots and introduce a shop without any luck
index.php
maybe a few remember: the first ever Easter Event.
(only luck in finding eggs. but 100% wysiwyg in the shop)

and about a 1.5% chance to be the unluckiest man in the world who hasn't even managed a single kit yet (which is to say, it's going to happen to a number of people in a game with thousands of players).
there are millions of players: so it will happen to tenthousands of player
(at least I am not in that group of unluckiest man in the world: I got one)

and many of them will sure be pissed off

and I bet more people would spend money on it if they get what they pay for without luck
but the luck factor will prevent that

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-23 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

DeletedUser8901

At around 1200-1300 lanterns which is my rough guess at how many you get for free (600 main questline + 200 bonus questline + 200 daily login + various

Ive done the math, on average it's about 1512 lanterns not 1200-1300

DeletedUser8901

We remember :(

Pretty obvious that direct diamond purchases make alot less money, else why don't we have them right now, you keep what works. If loot box systems didn't work they wouldn't be in every single freemium game and even non-freemium games thats you pay to play in the first place. Although you guys may hate the current system, it works and even if you guys won't buy diamonds the large population of individuals who buy diamonds will still buy diamonds. If they stopped buying diamonds InnoGames would have to review their strategies and re-think them, but ofc people won't stop buying diamonds.

DeletedUser7142

Hello!!! May I ask why all these days of the event the only rewards we have received are the kits?? We will not receive another present???

DeletedUser7942

at least buying BP isn't luck based

you choose what you want and get exactly what you pay for

can't see that for kits in the event

what would you say to:
according to the event you will get BP when buying randomly in the future

and like always:
either you'll complain or you won't (and I am always in the first group)

and the only thing guaranteed in life is death

let's go back to the roots and introduce a shop without any luck
index.php
maybe a few remember: the first ever Easter Event.
(only luck in finding eggs. but 100% wysiwyg in the shop)

there are millions of players: so it will happen to tenthousands of player
(at least I am not in that group of unluckiest man in the world: I got one)

and many of them will sure be pissed off

and I bet more people would spend money on it if they get what they pay for without luck
but the luck factor will prevent that

Okay, so I guess what you're saying is you want a store where you can just buy everything available in the game with diamonds.

DeletedUser

Okay, so I guess what you're saying is you want a store where you can just buy everything available in the game with diamonds.
stop guessing. you are really worse in it

why should an event store have everything available in it ?

the shop should logically have this years event prizes in it :rolleyes:

and as there are no other daily specials than the 5 kits the shop would simply have those 5 kits

things would be bought with lanterns
and buying with diamonds would only for people who want more than no-money-players

oh wait I forgot the grand prize
for spending x lanterns you could get it (like now)
(that part has no luck in it which need to be removed)

DeletedUser8901

and as there are no other daily specials than the 5 kits the shop would simply have those 5 kits

and buying with diamonds would only for people who want more than no-money-players

You can fantasize about this idea all you want, it would simply make alot less money (else every game in the world would be doing it) and will never happen lol. You can continue to get triggered over the rng aspects of this game and the events this game has, but unless the majority of diamond spenders stop buying diamonds because of it (which wouldn't realistically happen) it's futile.

DeletedUser7942

okay, so I guess you want every event to just have the prizes be bought outright for diamonds. Thing is IG is going to go where the money is which keeps the game free to play and given what was said about the first Easter event though being somewhat profitable it was not near the other events and didn't do other things they want events to do.

DeletedUser7779

okay, so I guess you want every event to just have the prizes be bought outright for diamonds. Thing is IG is going to go where the money is which keeps the game free to play and given what was said about the first Easter event though being somewhat profitable it was not near the other events and didn't do other things they want events to do.
I believe the sweet spot is somewhere in between, and i guess ... *hope* Inno had their market analysits to the right math:
1) if all event prizes were available for unlimited purchase for diamonds (like @BetaTest03 was pleading) - that would privilege diamond players big time, but would frustrate casual diamond players and people who are just starting the game
2) if all event prizes depended only on luck (like this spring event) - that would frustrate all the diamond players, who're just used to pay for stuff and not bother with quests and gambling. If i were to spend 100 Euro on this event, i'd surely want to get something in return. So I understand BetaTest.

Therefore my suggestion: considering @xivarmy 's graph on how likely we're to get the pieces, simply change the grand prizes from crap (first is wishing well at 250 flowers!! - seriously who needs that??) to cherry garden pieces. That way both diamond and non diamond players will be happy.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
An alternative to make it feel less terrible is to make sure the consolation prizes in chests aren't just a kick in the head - so that you're likely to get something nice out of each of them even if it's not what you want. a tiny chance for a SoK in the researcher's seems reasonable. but 2 or 5 FP as the most common fallbacks seems very chintzy. The one up kit in "Item Fever" also fits the category of 'well at least i got something out of this event'. But the vast majority of the chests are going to leave mr. unlucky feeling like they wasted their time playing the event completely and that's really not a good place for events to be (and where many of them have gone).

Perhaps the best design they have for a blend of chance and compensation for bad luck is the winter and summer event where with each failure you get a little better odds at the next one not being a failure (and a slightly better than 50/50 chance of finding the special before the shuffle because of the show 2). The possibility of having atrociously bad luck in that event is minimal. Now every event can't follow the same model but the one they seem to be defaulting to of open chests with a small chance of being awesome and a large chance of having been a waste of time is not a popular one amongst this game's crowd as far as i've seen.

If they're going to continue to rest on chests then they need to come up with more prizes that we consider to actually be prizes but they don't consider so valuable they can't give away without worrying about the impact on the game - consumable boost items aren't it, most of us don't even use the things as far as i know. Things like barracks in inventory were an old option that didn't seem to have a negative impact on the game and some people would even target from events - people loved getting the ability to drop a rail gun barracks without going to the very end of the FE tree for instance. An option many games turn to to flesh out chests is cosmetic items - perhaps you could have us able to change the season of our city, or add a number of roaming characters to the city or reskin a building to an older era one of the same size so that we can make our advanced cities have different visual themes. One down kits would be welcomed by advanced age players so that their rewards from expedition could be converted to make goods of an age we need them to make. Also would be welcomed by GvGers who wouldn't have to fret about obtaining a champ retreat from each age before they leave it 'just in case' in the future they want it. At any rate, the core issue is when most of us look at most event chests we see :

20% You win!
10% nothing
15% nothing
55% nothing

and what needs to change is (most) of the nothings need to be changed to 'a little something that isn't what you wanted but is somewhat useful or neat or even just maybe someday i'll want that'

DeletedUser8901

I believe the sweet spot is somewhere in between, and i guess ... *hope* Inno had their market analysits to the right math:
1) if all event prizes were available for unlimited purchase for diamonds (like @BetaTest03 was pleading) - that would privilege diamond players big time, but would frustrate casual diamond players and people who are just starting the game
2) if all event prizes depended only on luck (like this spring event) - that would frustrate all the diamond players, who're just used to pay for stuff and not bother with quests and gambling. If i were to spend 100 Euro on this event, i'd surely want to get something in return. So I understand BetaTest.

Therefore my suggestion: considering @xivarmy 's graph on how likely we're to get the pieces, simply change the grand prizes from crap (first is wishing well at 250 flowers!! - seriously who needs that??) to cherry garden pieces. That way both diamond and non diamond players will be happy.

Would cause what's known as oversaturation...could get into now but there's a whole sub social science field behind lootboxes and how to maximize profits that are sustainable in games

Also would mean the prizes would be nothing but cherry blossom set pieces from all sources, which wouldnt address the issues brought by players in here in that theres a lacking of special buildings and such a change would simply make it worse. I do agree the grand prizes should be buffed though

DeletedUser7679

Just my 02 cents. Played the event as normal. Spent probably 1000 diamonds but STILL missing 2 of the upgrade kits.

My Inno Luck has always been bad but it seems to be worse on this event. Quit making us depend on Inno luck to get sets.

I will not spend diamonds on the main worlds.

DeletedUser7942

idk what they consider to be balanced, perhaps the balance of their bottom line is all they're worried about, or if they consider game balance maybe they don't want players like last year getting 100 sets as easily and now upgrade them all to level 2, I'm not sure how they would factor happy balance or noob/vet balance. If xivarmy is correct that 70-80% of players will end up with a full set just by playing that seems inline with what they say about getting stuff, that is it's not meant to be guaranteed. The law of large numbers states you'll get to that 18/20% average the more you do it, so as long as you keep opening chests you will get the set pieces so in effect you are buying the pieces with diamonds you just got to keep rolling to get there.

I got the 3 pieces opening 23 big chests, about 1450 lanterns spent so 13% for me.

DeletedUser7107

last year when the cherry sets came out, the chances of getting the various pieces was much higher. I happily spent 600-700 bucks on the live servers for my main account.
The year the event is so bad, the chances of getting pieces for the set, or a decent consolation prize, are so terrible, I am going to save my money

DeletedUser7942

last year when the cherry sets came out, the chances of getting the various pieces was much higher. I happily spent 600-700 bucks on the live servers for my main account.
The year the event is so bad, the chances of getting pieces for the set, or a decent consolation prize, are so terrible, I am going to save my money
Last year the big chest was a 25% chance, this year it's 18 or 20% depending on the big chest. I can't say for certain how many pieces one would get if they spent 700 bucks because that would depend on any diamond deals they may have had that one may take advantage of. So idk, let's say one spends 100,000 diamonds I think that would get you around 24,000 lanterns, so like 380 big chests call it at 19% is about 72 pieces, just call it 70, so 14 sets or 7 sets @ lvl 2, something like that anyway;)someone check lol

DeletedUser8471

I feel the “Researchers Chest” is a bit on the weak side for rewards. The only way to get SoKs from this event (and players that are trying to compete with the big dogs still want these), is a 3% chance from a chest that’ll show up 25% of the time. That’s less than 1%. Past events this chance was much higher and it was easy for a diamond buyer to walk away with a handful of SoKs, I know I did that during winter event and came out with about 15 after spending a decent amount of diamonds (can’t remmeber how much, but I’m pretty sure it was at least 6000). For this event it’s highly unlikely you’ll even walk away with 2 after spending 20000 diamonds. I simply won’t waste my time on this one and wait for Summer and Winter and hope those events don’t get botched up too >_<

Middle Chest ~45, 1500 laterns only opening those is ~33 chests. 25% of that is~8 researchers Chest, and out of that many you’ll get ~0.25 SoKs.

And with the other 2 chances rewards aside form the set pieces, 2 and 5 fps are such a joke reward. The Chest would have done better to have 15% daily, 10%SoK, 30% 10fps, 45% 5fps (or even 15% 10fps, 25% 5fps 35% 2fps). As it is now it’s a waste of time and money.

Edit: mistook the price of the chests, and how many were in that category. Adjusted numbers, but still pretty sad.

DeletedUser8901

Now an actual issue, what's with the awful rewards in the chests for all events? If you net the average 1512 lanterns, you'll need around 30 chests if you use medium chests as the average of small and large for simplicity sake. The event is 22 days is it's around 1.5 chests/day. Why are event chests which are only available for a limited time, have a large quest requirement with them (although a lot of them are easy) yet contain worst chests than most Daily Challenges?