• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - HTML5 on Beta

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Not to be difficult but it is not working on either. You may have the option to activate HTML5 on these browsers, but it does nothing. You are still running the Flash version of the game. More browsers will be added to our testing in the future.
I use Firefox and play with the HTML5 version (only change the user agent of my browser) and it work fine (see my cap on above post), i don't understand why you do not open that browser to HTML5 beta test...

DeletedUser7084

I'm using Opera and everything seems to be ok, i cant find a problem with anything. There dont seem to be any cars on my roads but to me thats fine lol. All other animations are working, collecting seems to run better, no issues with battles or negotiating in GE. I'm happy :)

DeletedUser8798

I'm using Chrome and the game seems to work fine. The first impression, though, is that of a lack of clarity of the images, everything seems less sharp. Sorry if it's not the right technical term, it is just how I feel it !

DeletedUser730

Honestly, I don't know why I bother, because all feedback gets shut down immediately -- if not by mods, then by other players, but still...

- on PCs with good CPUs and HDD the game works well, doesn't lag more than the flash version (because of the backend), but animations are smoother
- on slower PCs or laptops, it works about 10-20% worse than the flash version
- on both high performance and lower end machines, at least one CPU core is constantly at 100% while the game is open (when the browser window is not focused, the CPU goes down close to 0)
- seems like it doesn't use as much RAM as the flash version, but needs more testing here to confirm
- apart from the bugs, which may be known or not, if the performance issues will be fixed, it could make a swell game out of it

DeletedUser5933

hello,
I use Chrome on my laptop with HTML5, and there is no real difference with Flash Player
HTML5 froze this morning once
I continue testing

DeletedUser6259

everything works ok apart from GVG. I had hoped moving away from flash would speed it up but the lag is alot worse and thats not even during calc either fix GVG or retire it.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I use Firefox and play with the HTML5 version (only change the user agent of my browser) and it work fine (see my cap on above post), i don't understand why you do not open that browser to HTML5 beta test...

When you change the user agent in Firefox, the Firefox browser is basically making itself known as another browser - in your case either Chrome or Opera - and will behave as such.

FireFox itself will no doubt be added as well as other browsers, although this will take some time as was stated in the original announcement on HTML5 ;)

DeletedUser5882

I made an immediate u-turn to flash version upon entering the GvG map in html5 ...
The game went into a lag I had never experienced before. Very much like recalc time in AA map but with a tripled intensity, as if battles were happening on every single tile.
I am not sure I understand the benefits of switching to html5 if some lagging issues will only worsen. I hope it is something happening only in the transition process.

DeletedUser8755

At all? What happens when you try?

It is covered in clouds: the whole thing. The areas I have opened, and the ones that are not open. I had to switch back to flash to get it to show. I just restarted the HTML this morning, and the map is now showing. Maybe it was just a funny glitch.

And I play on a desktop only that is using Chrome.

1. How do you Contact Support in HTML5 screen? Right clicking offers no support option.
2. In the Event History log, I get a label appearing at the location I first click on (eg an Aid button) and it stays there. Label says "one of your buildings has been motivated".

DeletedUser8798

Hi,

The rendering (of text, in particular) in html5 is not as good, for me, as in flash. Here are a screenshot of the top bar for html5, and for flash.
html5.jpeg
flash.jpeg

Stingy

Squire
I am experiencing frequent crashes in Chrome, when using the HTML5 version of the game.
Can't find a line in the crashes, but mostly when I am collecting items or when I go through the selection of recurring quests.
Animitions are fast, other things, like server access, is lagging.

DeletedUser7942

• Performance PC wise relative to flash is much worse, I realize this just opened. Stats in spoiler below.
  • Moving city map, GE map around is smoother.
  • GvG, as mentioned, just opening a province map is worse than ever, unplayable.

Browser: Google Chrome Version 64.0.3282.168 (Official Build) (64-bit)
CPU: Intel i7 920@2.67
RAM: 6 GB
Build Date: 2009

1111.PNG
HTML5.PNG
3333.PNG 44444.PNG

I hoped (in my great naivety) that HTML5 version would solve all our slowness and memory leaks problems. FOE team France kept telling us that problems were only with Flash player who was buggy and managing bad memory.
In fact HTML5 is between 15% and 25% more memory consumer and show even more programming errors made by Inno developers (use of uninitialized variables for example, music downloaded when ingame music is off...). It's easier with chrome inspector and other web tools to see that than with Flash Player debugger ;)

DeletedUser6049

Well all big poohaa on html 5 is empty airbag. No improvement at all, even slower loading of city on chrome then with flash, mails very slow, typing also very slow, in fact its worse then what we have and thats already pretty bad. But im guessign you all go forward anyway an dimplement and then even e bigger freeze at recalc.
try alocate more servercap, thats s the only thing that works. not impressed at all.

DeletedUser7731

Hello
I do not know if that has already been mentioned.
but the messenger pointer is not correct.
Best regards

Pafton

Viceroy
So it seems I misunderstood how this would be implemented. In fact the option to activate HTML5 will display on other browsers, it just won't do anything. Even if you select it you will still get the Flash version of the game. For now anyway.
My apologies for any confusion.
That was why I wanted to confirm, as I was seeing the option of Firefox too.

DeletedUser8316

Can someone from Inno at least acknowledge if they are working to fix the GvG lag issues in HTML5? It's currently worse on Beta than on live.