• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Browser - Game won't run on Opera

DeletedUser8316

This started on the 17th. The game worked fine in the morning but by evening it no longer loads a city. I can log into the website, choose the world I want to play on but then I get this:
upload_2017-11-18_21-58-59.png

Windows 10
Opera v. 49.0.2725.39 (PGO)

When I click "build your city" it just redirects to Adobe's website to download Flash. (which i've done twice now). There haven't been any updates for Opera since 11/8. Game works on Firefox (although it's so laggy as to be almost unplayable). Flash is enabled and I've even added FOE as an exception. I've done all the usual stuff.. clear cache, reboot, reset everything to defaults etc. Happens on both Live and Beta.

Andi47

Overlord
Try with Chrome - this seems to be the only browser where FoE is still playable.

and @innogames - Please hurry up with porting the game to HTML! A little less Historical events, and a little more html please!

Last edited:
Some here, seems to happen when a new version of adobe flash is installed. Doesn't matter the windows version either, clearing cache, etc.

RKinG

Squire
for me it works with opera, last flash (since the update I have delays also on firefox)
but it's too long for loading the game and the game is a disaster because no fluidity

DeletedUser3741

This started on the 17th. The game worked fine in the morning but by evening it no longer loads a city.......

Open the Opera settings type Flash in the search field. Then follow the screenshots

290px0w.png

In exceptions copy paste the game url
iw68nn.png

Problem solved !

Amy Steele

Regent
Set to not a bug, as this is not an issue with the game code itself, but rather with flash, and the way different browsers are currently handling flash. As already announced, Forge of Empires will be moving away from flash, hopefully by the middle of the year :cool:

Amy Steele

Regent
I haven't any information on that, but suspect that it could be 'soon' if as announced the html5 version is expected to be rolled out by mid 2018