• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Andi47

Overlord
I have an idea about "Forge of Blacksmiths"

How about an Achievement, named "Forge of Blacksmiths" or "Blacksmith Empire" - or even BOTH:

"Forge of Blacksmiths":
Bronze: Finish 100 productions in a Blacksmith
Silver: Finish 1000 productions in a Blacksmith
Gold: Finish 10k productions in a Blacksmith
Platinum: Finish 50k productions in a Blacksmith

"Blacksmith Empire"
Broze: Build 5 Blacksmiths
Silver: Build 50 Blacksmiths
Gold: Build 250 Blacksmiths
Platimum: Build 1000 Blacksmiths

qaccy

Emperor
I have an idea about "Forge of Blacksmiths"

How about an Achievement, named "Forge of Blacksmiths" or "Blacksmith Empire" - or even BOTH:

"Forge of Blacksmiths":
Bronze: Finish 100 productions in a Blacksmith
Silver: Finish 1000 productions in a Blacksmith
Gold: Finish 10k productions in a Blacksmith
Platinum: Finish 50k productions in a Blacksmith

"Blacksmith Empire"
Broze: Build 5 Blacksmiths
Silver: Build 50 Blacksmiths
Gold: Build 250 Blacksmiths
Platimum: Build 1000 Blacksmiths

What's funny about the snarky posts referencing blacksmiths is that it's usually people with a city full of FP-producing buildings and not enough space to run anything resembling a 'normal' city making them. It's not uncommon to have 5 or more supply buildings in your city in the lower ages, it's the players themselves who've kinda dug this 'hole' for themselves where they stop building supply buildings the way they did when they first started out. If you maintained relatively the same ratio of space dedicated to supply buildings that you had when first starting out, these quests wouldn't really be a problem, would they? This, I imagine, is why the DC numbers are generally the same for everyone. 10 supply buildings in a given age uses (very) roughly the same amount of city space for a city actually in that age, so these requirements aren't that 'crazy' after all.

The takeaway from this is not to squeeze as many blacksmiths into your city as possible, but that you need to devote more space in your city to supply (or production) buildings, like you used to do in the beginning of the game.

DeletedUser7951

This, I imagine, is why the DC numbers are generally the same for everyone
Doubt they are, I have a normal sane number of cycles required, but people in the higher eras have a silly number of cycles required, see older posts. Also 10 supply production buildings in your city? Cities don't need that many, not if you have a few great buildings. I used to have around 5 back in the early days of my live server. Now I have only one, it's enough for my daily goods production. If I should have 9 more it would purely for the DC, and then why not cram in the blacksmiths ? Or skip the DC.

DeletedUser5429

What's funny about the snarky posts referencing blacksmiths is that it's usually people with a city full of FP-producing buildings and not enough space to run anything resembling a 'normal' city making them. It's not uncommon to have 5 or more supply buildings in your city in the lower ages, it's the players themselves who've kinda dug this 'hole' for themselves where they stop building supply buildings the way they did when they first started out. If you maintained relatively the same ratio of space dedicated to supply buildings that you had when first starting out, these quests wouldn't really be a problem, would they? This, I imagine, is why the DC numbers are generally the same for everyone. 10 supply buildings in a given age uses (very) roughly the same amount of city space for a city actually in that age, so these requirements aren't that 'crazy' after all.

The takeaway from this is not to squeeze as many blacksmiths into your city as possible, but that you need to devote more space in your city to supply (or production) buildings, like you used to do in the beginning of the game.
Don't be naive in your reasoning. Of course, advanced players have less need of supplies. The same goes for coins and happiness. Population too for some.
Your reasoning of keeping the same ratio does not stick to the reality of the game, which is that when you progress (especially with the GBs), you can lower your needs in some domains, and even get completely rid of them (happiness, population, supplies...).
Your reasoning is sound if we accept your hypothesis. But your hypothesis is wrong...

DeletedUser8095

I really did try it , but I think it is dead for me now....everyday something like donate 130 (or more) goods to your guild treasury or win 2, 3 or more battles or 22 times a 4 h production...I got a real life and I got no building stuff troups or goods..I like this game, but this part is dead...I will have a look to it, but I will never try to make it, if it is like this way...want my treasure hunt back

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-10-30 - replaced an inappropriate word.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7529

What's funny about the snarky posts referencing blacksmiths is that it's usually people with a city full of FP-producing buildings and not enough space to run anything resembling a 'normal' city making them. It's not uncommon to have 5 or more supply buildings in your city in the lower ages, it's the players themselves who've kinda dug this 'hole' for themselves where they stop building supply buildings the way they did when they first started out.

Problem is many advanced cities have MILLIONS of supplies (as well as coins and medals) and nothing to spend it on. Coins you can at least convert into FPs (interface is very troublesome tho - *click* *click* *sick*). Even with more space available players dont need supply buildings for any other purposes than quests.
Game needs to introduce anything that require to spend coins and supplies (like infiltration for guild expeditions or buying upgrades that temporary boost buildings or anything else, there are many possibilities).

DeletedUser8544

My feedback after using Daily Challenges. First of all i think that it is a good feature, much more interesting and useful than the Treasure Hunt and i look forward to see it in the live servers.
But, like other players said, i also believe that you should reconsider about the win a number of battles quest. Fighting depends on many other things, like the progress of the player in the game, the day of the week (GE) or other actions in the game (aidding).
Also not all the players are fighter, so keeping this quest it is like giving a disadvantage to these players. If you instist to keep this quest then i think that it will be fair if you add a quest that gives an advantage to these players or a disadvantage to fighers.
My suggestion is to substiture this quest with (or give an alternative of) killing a number of units. This is something that almost any player can do in a day.

DeletedUser8394

How's this Feature doing development-wise ? Any guesstimates as to when it might be released on the regular servers ?

LadyHecate

Marquis
How's this Feature doing development-wise ? Any guesstimates as to when it might be released on the regular servers ?
I've asked the same question in the post above yours as some players on the EN servers state that they are already completing DCs as part of a limited roll out whilst the vast majority of players are yet to see any sight of them.

DeletedUser6863

I have made a few posts about the amount of production challenges. Now at the moment these seem to be doable and a reasonable amount instead of the 80+ I was getting. This has been a change for the better so please keep it up. Thank you.

Andi47

Overlord
Forge%20of%20HartzIVer%27s%20Blacksmiths.jpg

Seriously, Inno???

Forge of Blacksmiths??
And how did you expect us to do this when working 8 hours? And no, no login in the office, most bosses don't like this for a good reason!

@innogames @Darkstar @NormaJeane @Zarok Dai - Hey, most of us have got a JOB!! And for a good reason the bosses don't want us to play FoE in the office!!

Edit:

@innogames I thought, you stated earlier in this thread, that this is not the intended playstyle?? (and yes, these are six new Blacksmiths)
Blacksmith_Empire.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser8429

DC's, tried doing it a couple time, too many hoops to jump through for crap rewards, i liked doing the treasure hunt over DC's any time, bring that back and get rid of this rubbish, i seldom collect the incidents also

qaccy

Emperor
Doubt they are, I have a normal sane number of cycles required, but people in the higher eras have a silly number of cycles required, see older posts. Also 10 supply production buildings in your city? Cities don't need that many, not if you have a few great buildings. I used to have around 5 back in the early days of my live server. Now I have only one, it's enough for my daily goods production. If I should have 9 more it would purely for the DC, and then why not cram in the blacksmiths ? Or skip the DC.

Don't be naive in your reasoning. Of course, advanced players have less need of supplies. The same goes for coins and happiness. Population too for some.
Your reasoning of keeping the same ratio does not stick to the reality of the game, which is that when you progress (especially with the GBs), you can lower your needs in some domains, and even get completely rid of them (happiness, population, supplies...).
Your reasoning is sound if we accept your hypothesis. But your hypothesis is wrong...

Problem is many advanced cities have MILLIONS of supplies (as well as coins and medals) and nothing to spend it on. Coins you can at least convert into FPs (interface is very troublesome tho - *click* *click* *sick*). Even with more space available players dont need supply buildings for any other purposes than quests.
Game needs to introduce anything that require to spend coins and supplies (like infiltration for guild expeditions or buying upgrades that temporary boost buildings or anything else, there are many possibilities).

Excess supplies, just like excess coins, can always be spent. There's no such thing as 'too many supplies'. Coins can be converted into FP, and supplies (along with coins) can be run through the Unbirthday recurring quest. Not just for DCs, but events in general and even story/side quests as part of the main game ask for cycles from production buildings. It simply seems foolish to me to complain about an aspect of the game that's been around since the very beginning, due to choices that you yourself are making. If quests are regularly asking for productions, does it not make sense to always have these buildings in your city? If you choose to use blacksmiths rather than sticking to always having 5-10+ supply buildings in your city from your own age, that's not really the developers' fault.

@Andi47
It's not the 'intended' playstyle. The 'intended' playstyle, if there indeed is one, is for you to have around 10 expansions' worth of supply buildings in your city. Using blacksmiths is actually cheating the system in a way.

DeletedUser7942

Using blacksmiths is actually cheating the system in a way.
Cheating? I don't think so, like you said these type quests have always been around, pretty sure they've always known players could use blacksmiths to fulfill the requirement. If it's cheating then essentially every quest should be "current age" required.

DeletedUser8095

It is no problem to finish something like 24 x 4 h productions or 11 x 8 h (got this today) in the event quests, because you have much more time for finishing....

DeletedUser7529

Excess supplies, just like excess coins, can always be spent. There's no such thing as 'too many supplies'. Coins can be converted into FP, and supplies (along with coins) can be run through the Unbirthday recurring quest. (...) If you choose to use blacksmiths rather than sticking to always having 5-10+ supply buildings in your city from your own age, that's not really the developers' fault.

Well yes you can do 'unbirthday' quests and exchange ie 100k coins and 100k supplies into random reward with 40% chance to get 5x less coins or supplies than invested (like 20k coins or 20k supplies) :p There is nothing else you can spend supplies on. Wasting space to do supplies production just for this quest seems very poor idea :p
Yeah it is developers fault that supplies are NOT NEEDED in game. To force players to have some there are quests that force x productions to complete. Because blacksmiths are smallest why would anyone build his own age 10x larger buildings?
Solution is very easy - developers just need to make supplies useful for something.

DeletedUser7704

-83 5 min productions
- win 2 sectors on the campaign map
So they want us to spend time putting blacksmith's in, and advance in era's....
Since these types of "challenges" are repeated e

For beta not a problem in some way's, but on my main, I will not leave space for blacksmiths so I will give it a miss ;)