• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I absolutely love Black Tower! I just rebuild whole city just to fit it among other Halloween buildings - and I don't even like Halloween, it's not tradition where I come from, but the Tower is soooo cool! And it's bonuses are very nice too, I think they are balanced well, even with negative happiness. Good job :D

I like also idea of one event line instead of more, it's much more clear and understandable.
The only thing I'm disgusted with is sooo much productions needed, especially of 5 and 15 minutes ones. It's annoying and boring :/

DeletedUser7669

I also love the Dark tower. Especially when a bunch of those crows is flapping around it. Can't wait to see the upgrade next year.

DeletedUser8471

Has there been any development on if certain quests will have alternates? (Quest #30 is the big one)

Also, eta on arrival date for live? I assume a week after current event has ended.

DeletedUser8553

In the process of doing this Event live and am bringing back some feedback. Many are unhappy with not being able to finish the Event due to Quest #29 which is Research a Tech. I personally will not be able to go any further for this reason. Not ready to move ERA's yet and there is no option. Is this truly something that has to be included in every event? Scouting Province is difficult enough although the option of placing goods in inventory is offered ( all be it a high amt ) It does not seem that Events are made to be equal for all.

DeletedUser8150

I absolutely love Black Tower! I just rebuild whole city just to fit it among other Halloween buildings - and I don't even like Halloween, it's not tradition where I come from, but the Tower is soooo cool! And it's bonuses are very nice too, I think they are balanced well, even with negative happiness. Good job :D

I like also idea of one event line instead of more, it's much more clear and understandable.
The only thing I'm disgusted with is sooo much productions needed, especially of 5 and 15 minutes ones. It's annoying and boring :/

Hey don't say that or we'll get all the 24hr productions back :rolleyes:

DeletedUser8679

It sounds more like you could if you wanted to, but choose not to. That's not the same as not being able. It's a choice you make.

Yes, it's a choice. Once that I too have made (not to progress to next era yet) and the price I'm paying is also not being able to progress past quest 29 in the event. There was another thread (I just brought back alive) in which the Inno developers said they would try out always trying to give an alternate option to the 'Research a Technology' quests. They did it for the Fall event, but somehow forgot to do it for this event. There are many folks in my guilds across three servers who are stuck in this exact same situation - both early in era and late in era. This kind of quest condition forces players to upgrade if they have no techs available on the tech tree that are still open. That was not supposed to be keeping with their idea of fairness and enjoyment of the game for everyone. Players are not happy.

qaccy

Emperor
Yes, it's a choice. Once that I too have made (not to progress to next era yet) and the price I'm paying is also not being able to progress past quest 29 in the event. There was another thread (I just brought back alive) in which the Inno developers said they would try out always trying to give an alternate option to the 'Research a Technology' quests. They did it for the Fall event, but somehow forgot to do it for this event. There are many folks in my guilds across three servers who are stuck in this exact same situation - both early in era and late in era. This kind of quest condition forces players to upgrade if they have no techs available on the tech tree that are still open. That was not supposed to be keeping with their idea of fairness and enjoyment of the game for everyone. Players are not happy.

If you read more carefully, you'd see that Inno never said alternatives would *always* be available. Advancement is part of the game, so sometimes things like this are going to be 'forced'. If you'd rather not advance in age, it would be wise to not complete every single research in your era so that you have a few to use for the express purpose of completing events. Saving 3 or 4 researches at the end of an age is good enough to allow you to sit in an age for at least a month if not more, which should be PLENTY of time to 'stock up' for whatever challenges you forsee in the next age.

DeletedUser8404

If you'd rather not advance in age, it would be wise to not complete every single research in your era so that you have a few to use for the express purpose of completing events. Saving 3 or 4 researches at the end of an age is good enough to allow you to sit in an age for at least a month if not more, which should be PLENTY of time to 'stock up' for whatever challenges you forsee in the next age.

And what if you want to park for longer than that? Inno does seem to be increasing the number of events—I think we're getting about one a month now—and many of these events require you to advance, either in tech or on the continent map. When they don't, the alternatives seem to vary widely between simple things that virtually anyone can do, like solving the first level of GE, to "donate 700 goods"...a figure which can be prohibitive in very low ages, and demanding in some other ages...at least compared to the relative simplicity of researching a tech.

My biggest problem with both events and especially with the Daily Challenges are that they try to encourage you to play a certain way. If you don't want to play that way, Inno's basically saying "too bad...play the way we tell you to or don't get the thing"! Daily Challenges mitigated that to some degree with the +1/-1 system, but nearly every other day, I see the word "battle" or "defeat" in my challenges, which is not something I choose to do. It really makes the +1/-1 appellation appropriate, because that's pretty much what my DC advancement looks like! The Treasure Hunt, on the other hand, everyone could play. It never forced or even encouraged people to advance, either in tech or on the map. Granted, the rewards aren't especially useful to a lot of higher age players, but that's a problem with the reward system, not the feature itself.

One of the things I enjoy the most about this game is how people with completely different play strategies can come together and make not only their own games work, but make their guilds work as well...often better for the very fact that they have different play strategies. Don't try to make fighters out of farmers or farmers out of fighters; don't try to make fast advancers out of slow advancers and parkers, or worse, encourage even further advancement by people who may have naively or accidentally advanced too far already. That's not the way to make a game enjoyable.

DeletedUser7951

It really makes the +1/-1 appellation appropriate, because that's pretty much what my DC advancement looks like! The Treasure Hunt, on the other hand, everyone could play. It never forced or even encouraged people to advance, either in tech or on the map.
The DC is not a substitute for the treasure hunt, that would be the incidents. But If we do compare the DC to the TH, then you would need to compare the daily prize vs a full cycle of TH prizes. Personally I think over all the prizes in the DC are better. The DC offers a consecutive prize if you've been a good little soldier and done them all for a week.

I'm not a fan of DC fussing with the map either, but my work around is simply to ignore those challenges. To paraphrase a question further up (in the DC thread): How should the DC be if they make all challenges be able to be done all the time for every playstyle ? And would it still be challenging for the majority of players?

On a side note I think we have about one event and one historical questline each month, both asking for at least 1 scouting, 1 tech and 1 province each, with a few sectors here and there. If you want to linger for a long time in an era.... then you can' stuff your inventory with useless event-rewards. It's the nature of the game. Very few prizes are worth the hassle on their own. Those that are, there's usually the option to buy them direct or indirect with diamonds. Not in this event tho.

Ps: noticed now this was for the Halloween feedback thread, so apologize for being slight off topic. I enjoyed that event. Finished in 12h.

DeletedUser8404

To paraphrase a question further up (in the DC thread): How should the DC be if they make all challenges be able to be done all the time for every playstyle ? And would it still be challenging for the majority of players?

That's a fair question, and I don't disagree that there should be times some people will fail because it's too challenging (doesn't fit their play-style, don't have the resources, etc.). I think it still needs a bit of tweaking, however, to find the right balance so that most players will feel like they're getting +1s more often than -1s. What I'd really like to see, and I've mentioned it before, is to have the two different treasure chests have different challenges that you can actually see before you choose the chest. Then, in addition to the prize, you can consider whether the challenges for that prize are actually something you might be able to do.

On a side note I think we have about one event and one historical questline each month, both asking for at least 1 scouting, 1 tech and 1 province each, with a few sectors here and there. If you want to linger for a long time in an era.... then you can' stuff your inventory with useless event-rewards. It's the nature of the game. Very few prizes are worth the hassle on their own.

Over and above the events, though, there's needing to progress to a useful stage for your era. People are likely to want to advance quickly to get goods and/or the PvP tower for their era. That's a fairly organic way to play whether or not you're parking. But then you add the events and suddenly it feels like you're being pushed, as there are often only a few provinces left after the above provinces have been taken (assuming you even know where they are in advance...if you're exploring without foreknowledge of where to go, it could be even worse). I agree with others that if you are parking, this is a choice you have to make, but at the same time, events are often a lot of fun, so it seems harsh to force people into the choice. If they want to develop a ton of event buildings in their inventory or on their map (which they'll probably later need one-ups or renos for unless they're perma-parked), that should be a viable choice as well.

Ps: noticed now this was for the Halloween feedback thread, so apologize for being slight off topic. I enjoyed that event. Finished in 12h.

Yeah, this is a bit of a necro-post, I admit, but the comments were relevant to both the event and to a larger topic, so I decided to reply. After all, the beta forums are specifically for player feedback on various things, so it seemed appropriate.

DeletedUser

Hey don't say that or we'll get all the 24hr productions back :rolleyes:

Actually, I wouldn't mind that... I do not use any other production time unless quest told me to do it... in any production building, here on beta nor on live server...

Last edited by a moderator: