• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Memory leak - Guild Expeditions [43175]

DeletedUser5663

Holy crap, years old extremely annoying bugs getting fixed in no time, I like this new community Manager.
The Windows even load much faster. On live I dread accidentally clicking on the Research tree, it's that bad.

DeletedUser

This fix will be included in 1.107 for the live servers.
It was decided not to specifically announce it as it was actually a smaller percentage of players that experienced it, and we did not want to confuse the rest of the community and some of our newer players with something that has already been resolved, and many have never experienced.

Andi47

Overlord
... as it was actually a smaller percentage of players that experienced it...

Really? Or was it only a smaller percentage of players who are complaining about it?

Does Inno have statistics, how many players are experiencing "unfinished business"? I am quite sure, that 99% of the "unfinished business" was a crash due to these memory leaks - and therefore a forced reload in the middle of a battle.

I would also be interested in statistics of how often the game is (re-)loaded per 10k players and day - before and after the fix.

DeletedUser

Does Inno have statistics, how many players are experiencing "unfinished business"? I am quite sure, that 99% of the "unfinished business" was a crash due to these memory leaks - and therefore a forced reload in the middle of a battle.

I would also be interested in statistics of how often the game is (re-)loaded per 10k players and day - before and after the fix.

I am not sure what statistical data may or may not be available in relation to these things, but I will ask on Monday and see if I can find out.

DeletedUser7942

This fix will be included in 1.107 for the live servers.
It was decided not to specifically announce it as it was actually a smaller percentage of players that experienced it, and we did not want to confuse the rest of the community and some of our newer players with something that has already been resolved, and many have never experienced.
Oh I definitely would like to know how they came to that conclusion. We all tested it with the same results and players have mentioned the problem since 2012. My guess, and I'm fairly certain of this, is the only reason why the majority of players haven't noticed it is because most don't play enough in a single session opening and closing enough windows to get their memory up high enough to notice, conversely many GvG players do experience the issue by virtue of the fact they open/close many windows in a single session fighting. I've also had players from the pre Aid button days convey the same problem from visiting all the cities eventually having to refresh or crashing, they typically describe it as "lag" not realizing it's a memory leak issue slowing their system down. And that's the other issue here too many players contribute things to "lag" when it's something that's not lag like this memory leak. Then of course you have how many mobile only players so they won't even register here. At the end of the day all the evidence shows this had to have effected all Browser users but really it's no big deal as it's been fixed either way. I'll be letting my guildies and other big GvG fighters know and ask them to relay their experiences to me.

MagicMiam

Steward
hi Zarok,
usually I'm reading more than posting here on beta,
but I wanted to give you and all the dev team a big hurray for solving this issue :):):)
it has been a real pain for me for sooo long on live servers !
keep going :)

DeletedUser

hi Zarok,
usually I'm reading more than posting here on beta,
but I wanted to give you and all the dev team a big hurray for solving this issue :):):)
it has been a real pain for me for sooo long on live servers !
keep going :)

Thank you, I appreciate it and will let the devs know as well :)

DeletedUser7942

Working on live. Did like 80 GvG fights which would otherwise put me up to 2-3GB now stays around 800MB, still waiting to hear from other players who do lots of GvG in succession who have had problems.