• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Recurring quests entitled as "side quest" in new overview

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) have at least one recurrent quest pending (e.g. unbirthday)
2.) open the new quest overview and look at that quest
--> in brackets it is entitled "(side quest)" instead of "(recurring quest)"

Issue Description (10/10): the title line of recurring quests says "(side quest)" instead of "(recurring quest)"

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.106.8f6ec7b209 (18.07.2017 9:42), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 26,0,0,137, Windows 10, Chrome/59.0.3071.115, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if this is intended or not Andi, I will find out.

Andi47

Overlord
Thanks.
With the old quest UI the recurring quest have been entitled "Recurring quest", so it was possible to distinguish between side quests of the quest line and quests of the recurring loop. So I GUESS that they should also be entitled "Recurring quest" with the new overview.

DeletedUser

So, currently this is intended, but if anyone feels it should be changed please post it, thanks.

Andi47

Overlord
I think this should be changed (like it was with the old UI!) - then it is easier to distinguish between real side quests (where a nice quest might be triggered if I fulfill a "gain 16000 happiness") and recurring quests (where I would abort a "gain 16000 happiness" quest right away)

DeletedUser7942

I understand things change and I'm all for change but things like this I don't recognize the purpose of so it makes it difficult to ascertain the value in such change without such info. I can't see the reasoning for calling, what has been known for quite some time now, Recurring Quests, Side Quests instead. What's the reasoning there? Are they looking to simplify Story, Side, Bonus, Event and Recurring into one category? I'm assuming this may be the impetus for the new quest interface? To get it all under one banner so to speak? I don't know, just completely guessing there. Regardless I feel as though Recurring Quests should remain titled just that as I don't see the purpose for the change or what it achieves.

DeletedUser7942

All reasoning that has been disclosed so far can be found here ;)
Thanks but maybe I wasn't clear. I meant that as it pertains to quest headings/"types" that I listed, what is the reasoning for changing recurring quest to side quest. They say there are two main types of quests "normal" and "event". My guess above is maybe they are thinking of combining Story, Side, Bonus and Recurring into one category and that is the reason for the change but I'm just completely guessing because there is no reason given. Maybe the just want to get rid of titling/heading/typing quests and just not have them listed at all, I have no idea.

Before
before - Copy.PNG

After
after - Copy.PNG

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Thanks but maybe I wasn't clear. I meant that as it pertains to quest headings/"types" that I listed, what is the reasoning for changing recurring quest to side quest. They say there are two main types of quests "normal" and "event". My guess above is maybe they are thinking of combining Story, Side, Bonus and Recurring into one category and that is the reason for the change but I'm just completely guessing because there is no reason given. Maybe the just want to get rid of titling/heading/typing quests and just not have them listed at all, I have no idea.

Indeed I misunderstood your question, sorry about that! :oops:
I really have no idea why this has been changed, so your guess is as good as any I could come up with...

DeletedUser

While this was not technically a bug, it was not intended to be a confusion either, so it has been fixed to be more clear.

DeletedUser8341

I still have to abort what looks like a recurring quest. Under what conditions are things meant to change?