• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

I want your opinion :)

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Greetings Beta,

So, I want to start a weekly ongoing lottery for Beta, but before I launch it I want your ideas as well.
Specifically I want to know what you all think about the numbers players will choose. Should it be just choosing one number (for example 1 through 60), or should it be two numbers in sequence (for example the first number 1 through 3 or 4, and the second number 1 through 20).
So if you have any opinions on this, or any ideas of your own, please post them below.

Thanks all,
Z.D.

DeletedUser5955

im not convinced such lottery will be good or fair
better solution would be ideas and suggestion
making a topic with ideas or suggestion posted (as it was with Rhino contest) and make beta team vote for best idea weekly.
the winners would be 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and prizes as beta teams decides since some ideas are big an fabulous and some are small but making it better play

DeletedUser5429

Hi Zarok Dai,
I appreciate that you try to enlighten people and to generate enthusiasm, but to be honest, I think this is pointless and not related to the game itself, which is why we are here (or at least why we should be here).

DeletedUser

I think: improve the game and stop stupid forum games

I do my part in this every day, but I am not a developer nor a game designer. The games we run on our forums (on every language server by the way) are in no way taking away from us doing our part in reporting all of the current issues so the devs can look into them further.

I think this is pointless and not related to the game itself, which is why we are here (or at least why we should be here).

Again, we are still reporting bugs and feedback to game design. This never changes, and running games on the forum does not distract from that. However, offering the community fun little ways to win some more things for their cities is not inherently a bad thing, or pointless.
Also, and this especially applies to Beta, our forum is an integral part of our process. Many players use our forum to inform us of issues, and to get informed of current issues. I use the forum to convey information to all of you, and to see what feedback and bugs you are posting here as well. However, we still have a large percentage of our community that does not use the forum. This can leave them feeling left out when they do not see some information that was posted there but they never saw it. Anything I can do to get members of our community to come to our forum and at least take a look around is a good thing, and can encourage future forum participation, and that is very much game related, and related to our bug reporting process.
I never expect everyone to like the ideas posted here, or to like the contests we run, but some do, and that's a good start.
I asked for feedback on this to see if anyone had input to make it more enjoyable, not to turn it into another thread related to how some of you don't feel we fix enough bugs, we don't fix them fast enough, or you don't like the game design. We have numerous threads already on these issues, there is no need to drag them into this section of the forum as well.
Forum contests and games are just for fun, if you don't like them, don't participate. However that does not mean we should not run them.
No need to over think this one, sometimes a duck really is just a duck :)

DeletedUser5429

Ok.
If you want to make this a bit fun for people, don't ask for just a number, but for something (the answer being a word).
For example an animal (or more specifically a fish, a bird, a mammal...), a tree, a mineral, a celebrity (author, musician, painter, statesman...), a book, a car, and so on.
A number may look silly. A choice such as those will be chosen, may have an emotional value for the participant, and may even require some thought. ;)

DeletedUser

If you want to make this a bit fun for people, don't ask for just a number, but for something (the answer being a word).
For example an animal (or more specifically a fish, a bird, a mammal...), a tree, a mineral, a celebrity (author, musician, painter, statesman...), a book, a car, and so on.

I like this idea for an ongoing contest actually, change the category every week :)

Silveralius

Squire
I don't like random. But if there are not be any voting (stupid votig by buyed friends) it can be interested. But what about something more specific to game?
So building - only building that is in game.
Or people - some people of historical events.

I mean if that is only about game noone will by disadvantaged.

But I konw that are to few categories in game objects. So some anothercategories it be necessary.

DeletedUser7059

Zarok Dai: I appratite that you want to do somethink for fun, not just for work there. Please continue. ;)
P.S.: 666 :rolleyes:
Má cenu tu soutěž pořád řešit? ;) Tu hurá akci "dávejte mi hlasy" neudělala poprvé, i tu soutěž o VB vyhrála stejným způsobem. Ostatně, i ty jsi mi psal o svůj hlas ne? Nemá smysl se kvůli tomu pořád vztekat. Spíš proti tomu pro příště něco udělat.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Silveralius

Squire
Má cenu tu soutěž pořád řešit? ;) Tu hurá akci "dávejte mi hlasy" neudělala poprvé, i tu soutěž o VB vyhrála stejným způsobem. Ostatně, i ty jsi mi psal o svůj hlas ne? Nemá smysl se kvůli tomu pořád vztekat. Spíš proti tomu pro příště něco udělat.;)
Asi nemá. Ale ani tak mi nešlo o ono poslední hlasování o povídku jako právě o hlasování o VB. V hlasování byla kupa hodně dobrých návrhů co měli smysl a i budova vypadala dobře, ale díky tomu, že tu je málo lidí tak to vyhraje někdo kdo má dost přátel ochotných hlasovat nebo ten kdo si je koupí.
O nějakou výhru mi nikdy osobně nešlo. Toto je beta. Tady je mi všechno ukradené. Dia tu nemají hodnotu. Jsem tu, abych mohl ovlivňovat hru a vidět novinky a testovat je a pak je přeposílat ostatním v cechu popřípadě spoilovat na cz fórum.

Zarok Dai: I have some another interested idea. Posted image of some goods (maybe flower) and let us guess the building (Rosarim for that flower).

DeletedUser5097

Greetings Beta,

So, I want to start a weekly ongoing lottery for Beta, but before I launch it I want your ideas as well.
Specifically I want to know what you all think about the numbers players will choose. Should it be just choosing one number (for example 1 through 60), or should it be two numbers in sequence (for example the first number 1 through 3 or 4, and the second number 1 through 20).
So if you have any opinions on this, or any ideas of your own, please post them below.

Thanks all,
Z.D.
I don't know what to think of a forum game. On the one hand it sounds fun, on the another,
meh, it does not help the game and at the end of the day that's the true purpose of the
Béta forum, I think.
Anyways it's in general a nice idea, Zarok.

Asi nemá. Ale ani tak mi nešlo o ono poslední hlasování o povídku jako právě o hlasování o VB. V hlasování byla kupa hodně dobrých návrhů co měli smysl a i budova vypadala dobře, ale díky tomu, že tu je málo lidí tak to vyhraje někdo kdo má dost přátel ochotných hlasovat nebo ten kdo si je koupí.
O nějakou výhru mi nikdy osobně nešlo. Toto je beta. Tady je mi všechno ukradené. Dia tu nemají hodnotu. Jsem tu, abych mohl ovlivňovat hru a vidět novinky a testovat je a pak je přeposílat ostatním v cechu popřípadě spoilovat na cz fórum.

Zarok Dai: I have some another interested idea. Posted image of some goods (maybe flower) and let us guess the building (Rosarim for that flower).
Indeed, I think the most of us having that motivation. The players how aren't reacting on the forum to looking
for news. They are probbaly also bug testing (and reporting bugs via Support) and Beta players in general,
are looking for news, I think. We are at the end curious.:p
By the way under the spoiler I used Google Translate, great device.:D

What is the answer to life the universe and everything?
Lol, I think after your answer all answers are been given.:p
https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...1.69i57j0l5.4659j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Ps. 51 (the same as a so called allien research facility, or just a secret testing area, simeler to Beta?:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.