• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Marilyn Monroe - Event

Silveralius

Squire
New avatar.
portrait_249.jpg

@Julian24.24 found the new building:
P_SS_MultiAge_MonroeBonus17.png
(Production building)

Last edited:

Pafton

Viceroy
I swear that I was horrified the moment I read the title. But then it occurred to me that since the Summer Event is still running another event simply can't happen.
Interestingly, I had checked the link for that image just a few hours ago, at that time there was no image.
PS: I find the avatar quite 'different'. That is, to say, I don't recall any other avatar in the game laughing with their eyes closed.

Pafton

Viceroy
Found the new building:
P_SS_MultiAge_MonroeBonus17.png
(Production building)
Hmm... seems to be another part of the Baroque Garden Set. I wonder when it will end, personally.
Being a production building I assume that it will have properties similar to the first Baroque set building, the aviary.

I am about to enter Arctic on 3 worlds so, an Event Production building that gives 10 AF goods a day is good for me what with the Harbor being a black hole for AF goods.

LadyHecate

Marquis
I'm sure I've already seen players on the live servers with a Marilyn avatar! Thought it was from one of the earlier Summer events; am I wrong?

DeletedUser16

I'm sure I've already seen players on the live servers with a Marilyn avatar! Thought it was from one of the earlier Summer events; am I wrong?
Sounds very unlikely, as avatars have to be added to an account in order to be available for the owner of the account to use. But sure, could be a bug.

LadyHecate

Marquis
I'm not saying it's the same Marilyn avatar as shown above but I thought I'd seen one some time ago! Probably wrong, as at least some players would still be using it and I've not seen one for ages (if at all).

DeletedUser16

Ah, yes! Good memory :).
Pretty sure you have this one in mind:
portrait_59.jpg

It was introduced with the Easter event in 2013.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Aha! Exactly!! I knew I wasn't imagining it; thanks for putting me out of my misery and thinking I was losing the plot (again)!

DeletedUser8061

Well, in this case even I can draw better than them :p
You see, original photo is great, but their "improvements" to it made it awful. I can't imagine a girl/woman who'd want such an avatar... Maybe only to show others that she's completed the event, but even then they'll change it soon enough. And what's the point of avatar if no one wants is?

Even for Harley that's insane :D
c1200766-da8f-45b7-aec1-9719acb09992.jpg

DeletedUser8277

Maybe only to show others that she's completed the event, but even then they'll change it soon enough. And what's the point of avatar if no one wants is?
I have nothing against Marilyn but as a woman that plays this game it's becoming increasingly apparent and frustrating when the historical events featuring women are for drug addled dancers/actresses or women who happened to have been born or married to royalty. Where the male events almost exclusively focus on the males achievements and not their appearance or birthright.

I understand the pool of potential historical women scientists or heroic overachievers may be limited, which in and of itself shows the issue, women weren't allowed to be historic or allowed to achieve much of anything but the few that defied the odds should be acknowledged.

I understand we focused on Yuri, he was the first person in space. But let's not forget Sally Ride, I know being the first woman to do something for many doesn't mean as much. But that is if you choose to forget that while Yuri and all his Russian/American male counterparts were being hailed as heros and applauded, Sally was expected to be making the sandwiches.

There is a plethora of females whose achievements could be made into historical events and not just those who did 'normal girl things' like dancing, acting, being desirable to men and taking enough drugs to kill a horse.

It's like I would almost prefer that the game ignored women entirely than to offer up an insulting female compilation in comparison to the amazing men they have featured. It's like they're saying 'Yes we know you women exist and play this game but we all still think you're nothing more than T&A or who you're married to."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3741

[.....] There is a plethora of females whose achievements could be made into historical events and not just those who did 'normal girl things' like dancing, acting, being desirable to men and taking enough drugs to kill a horse. [....]

I agree.. Seems like been a "star" like Marilyn is more important for some people and they forget realy famous or well know historical womans around the world like Mother Teresa (1910-1997), Joan of Arc (1412-1431), Catherine the Great (1729-1796), Harriet Elisabeth Beecher Stowe, Emily Pankhurst (15 July 1858-14 June 1928), Marie Curie (1867-1934), Amelia Earhart (July 24, 1897-1937), Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815-1902), to name a few of the HUGE list

Maybe those above didnt know to sing Happy Birthday :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I have nothing against Marilyn but as a woman that plays this game it's becoming increasingly apparent and frustrating when the historical events featuring women are for drug addled dancers/actresses or women who happened to have been born or married to royalty. Where the male events almost exclusively focus on the males achievements and not their appearance or birthright.

I understand the pool of potential historical women scientists or heroic overachievers may be limited, which in and of itself shows the issue, women weren't allowed to be historic or allowed to achieve much of anything but the few that defied the odds should be acknowledged.

I understand we focused on Yuri, he was the first person in space. But let's not forget Sally Ride, I know being the first woman to do something for many doesn't mean as much. But that is if you choose to forget that while Yuri and all his Russian/American male counterparts were being hailed as heros and applauded, Sally was expected to be making the sandwiches.

There is a plethora of females whose achievements could be made into historical events and not just those who did 'normal girl things' like dancing, acting, being desirable to men and taking enough drugs to kill a horse.

It's like I would almost prefer that the game ignored women entirely than to offer up an insulting female compilation in comparison to the amazing men they have featured. It's like they're saying 'Yes we know you women exist and play this game but we all still think you're nothing more than T&A or who you're married to."

This bugs me more than I can explain too and makes me rather speechless.
Well said!
@Dark Lord very nice list :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7942

I agree.. Seems like been a "star" like Marilyn is more important for some people and they forget realy famous or well know historical womans around the world like Mother Teresa (1910-1997), Joan of Arc (1412-1431), Catherine the Great (1729-1796), Harriet Elisabeth Beecher Stowe, Emily Pankhurst (15 July 1858-14 June 1928), Marie Curie (1867-1934), Amelia Earhart (July 24, 1897-1937), Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815-1902), to name a few of the HUGE list

Maybe those above didnt know to sing Happy Birthday :rolleyes:
Is it really a mystery? Males are attracted to sultry, young, beautiful females, kinda built into us as a species, no surprise a business would appeal to that with images of such.