• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GE in oceanic future - how? Battles are MUCH harder than in AF

Andi47

Overlord
I have the impression that in Oceanic Future the guild expedition (towards the end of level 2, and onwards) is damn hard - in some cases (even the last one of level 2) I need to negotiate, because it is almost impossible (without CDM, Aachen and Zeus all at level 60+) to win the battles.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fight and which units to use in the end of GE-level 2 and in level 3?

podkap1970

Emperor
yes but its not little sad that we use Hovertanks from Future era, 1-2 years old, to beat an OF GE fight ?
i already wrote in earlier post to build hovertanks again, but i did not
few fights i just negotiate, because i'm too lazy to handle the fights, too boring too much work
even i have some attack/def -power

DeletedUser7779

8 dragon drones (1 loss at first wave, 1 at second wave; 178/99); btw I've used the same team even for #47 (3 losses) and #46 (4 losses)
Absolutely, me too! Been using drones on last 4 of lvl 3 since OF came out. Turtles don't make a difference on those encounters. Using drones + rogues though.
#45 - 1 dragon 7 rogues
#46, #47 and #48 2 dragons 6 rogues

DeletedUser7779

On live servers (US) 2nd wave on #45 was 3 turtles and something else, so the dragons were still good. There were no turtles on beta?

DeletedUser8150

8 dragon drones (1 loss at first wave, 1 at second wave; 178/99); btw I've used the same team even for #47 (3 losses) and #46 (4 losses)

You've done well then. I find the crabs usually get more than 1 but then i find getting through w1 without a spread of damage tricky. Though on live i'm a few lower A/D

podkap1970

Emperor
On live servers (US) 2nd wave on #45 was 3 turtles and something else, so the dragons were still good. There were no turtles on beta?
hmm yes turturrts there was, maybe same combination as before
i always did that with 1x dragondrone and 7 rogues, 2nd wave all my rogues exchanged to Dragondrones, so lost some more units

DeletedUser8150

tbh the ones with multiple Turtles seem easier as you can use drones. The ones i'm struggling with are the early 50s with the (roughly) 1 tut 2 drone 2 heavy 1 eels 2 sub / 2 tut 2 sub 2 eels 2 drone etc.. Ordinary artillery it would be easy but the tut screws it up

[I'm talking about a OF solution - i know there are older options but I kinda feel there ought to be a way that doesn't involve that]

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
Any idea for battle #53?

1st wave: 2 turtles, 4 sub, 2 rogues
2nd wave: 1 sub, 3 crabs, 4 dragons

I tried:
8 eels - fails in 2nd wave
2 dragons + 6 rogues - defeated in 1st wave

Edit: Greetings from Pyrros from Epirus: Attacked with 2 Sub, 2 Turtles, 4 rogues, won with one sub left, which had only 2 livepoints left.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7262

can someone tell me how to beat 8 crabs first wave and second wave is 8 eels they have 185% attack/defense boost

DeletedUser7779

Haven't tried it out because we haven't unlocked level 4 since turtles came out, but maybe

1 turtle 1 crab 6 rogues

Use the turtle to hit the crabs from distance on first wave and hope that most rogues turn into turtles. Let the real turtle die in first wave* so you only have the crab and rogues left for second.

*Might use unattached turtle and the rest attached. The AI seems to target unattached first, so better chance that it dies
;)

I'm really looking forward to try this combo so fingers crossed we unlock lvl 4 this week :)

DeletedUser7779

Ok, we finally unlocked lvl 4, so the encounter with 8 crabs and 8 eels turned out pretty easy using

1 turtle 1 dragon 6 rogues

i kept the dragon tucked to the corner in first battle, and hit the crabs from distance with the turtle. By the time they got to me, they were half way damaged, so it was easy to take them out when my rogues turned - no losses.

Second wave I was lucky - 4 rogues turned to dragons and only 2 to turtles. Eels lined up in pairs of 2 so I lost only 2 rogues. Even if they hadn't though, i think i still would have won because the eels seem to target the turtles first. Which is a win win because the turtles are useless anyhow ;)
And I used attack from Tavern of course.

DeletedUser8150

Ok, we finally unlocked lvl 4, so the encounter with 8 crabs and 8 eels turned out pretty easy using

1 turtle 1 dragon 6 rogues

i kept the dragon tucked to the corner in first battle, and hit the crabs from distance with the turtle. By the time they got to me, they were half way damaged, so it was easy to take them out when my rogues turned - no losses.

Second wave I was lucky - 4 rogues turned to dragons and only 2 to turtles. Eels lined up in pairs of 2 so I lost only 2 rogues. Even if they hadn't though, i think i still would have won because the eels seem to target the turtles first. Which is a win win because the turtles are useless anyhow ;)
And I used attack from Tavern of course.

What A/D? I think tried something like that awhile back but failed.

DeletedUser7779

197 / 116 with tavern boost.

My idea was actually to let the turtle die in first wave (because I want all my rogues to turn to dragons in second) but it didn't happen. Still though, even with only 5 dragons i was able to beat the eels. (eels targeted my turtles first, which was all i could wish for ;))

DeletedUser8150

My idea was actually to let the turtle die in first wave (because I want all my rogues to turn to dragons in second) but it didn't happen. Still though, even with only 5 dragons i was able to beat the eels. (eels targeted my turtles first, which was all i could wish for ;))

Seems reasonable, my A/D is lower but bit of luck might still work

With my modest 150/100 att/def I can now win every fight except one:

1st wave 8 eels
2nd wave 7 crabs 1 sub cruiser

the eels in the first wave just destroy everything in their way, and they always go for the non-rogue unit first (after the rogues are converted)

DeletedUser7779

That's the toughest one imo. I use 2 drones 6 rogues on that one (exactly like you said - eels go for the non rogue first, so therefore you need 2 drones, the eels will kill one of them right away).

Lots of luck involved also - you need at least 3 eels to line up together so you can kill all 3 with only 2 drones. There rest have to pair as well. If that's not the case, just retreat and try again - dont bother fighting. I usually get this setup at about the 10th attempt.

Basically only 1 drone has to die on first wave, if more than 1 gets killed - dont bother fighting 2nd wave.
2nd wave dont move the rogues forward, let the crabs come closer. Some of them will reach you on their 2nd turn and turn your rogues, and that's when you hit them with the drones. Crabs seem to stay close to each other, so you can hit multiple at once.
That combo worked for me at about 180% attack - important is that you 2 hit kill the eels on first wave - not sure if it will work with 150% but you can use tavern boost worst case :)