• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Lucky it is not 50 24hr Production :)

LOL LOL LOL

Yeah, you got me there. But here's the thing...these events are a big reason I play. This game is a great distraction for me, and these events have been a lot of fun. But this one is just not worth it. I want the Cider Mill, sure, and some of the rewards for the apples are welcome, like the Victory Tower, the Watchfire, and the Tiger's Den (one of my favorites), but the hoops we have to jump through for the quest payoffs aren't worth the effort. I'll see the event through for my city here, and for my city on the UK server, but I'm not going to bother doing this for my cities on the US server. This is the first event that I have decided not to participate in since I started playing. I know that doesn't matter to Inno, but there it is anyway.

1BFA

Viceroy
LOL LOL LOL

Yeah, you got me there. But here's the thing...these events are a big reason I play. This game is a great distraction for me, and these events have been a lot of fun. But this one is just not worth it. I want the Cider Mill, sure, and some of the rewards for the apples are welcome, like the Victory Tower, the Watchfire, and the Tiger's Den (one of my favorites), but the hoops we have to jump through for the quest payoffs aren't worth the effort. I'll see the event through for my city here, and for my city on the UK server, but I'm not going to bother doing this for my cities on the US server. This is the first event that I have decided not to participate in since I started playing. I know that doesn't matter to Inno, but there it is anyway.

Agreed, the apples from quest is not worth the effort at all. If it were like 50-100 apples maybe someone may want to do it.

DeletedUser4285

LOL LOL LOL

Does anything ever matter to inno? :p

Event almost finished and i wonder what sort of stuff we get next. Possibly a few minor ones before the winter event?

DeletedUser1264

No one in their right mind would remove a wheelchair ramp and brag how wonderful it is that it's now a fun challenge to clamber up the steps... how and why is a computer game design without the slightest concern for accessibility still acceptable, despite umpteen people crying out for a change from the word go? After all, FOE is not a fast-paced action game, but something that can be played on a fairly sedate pace.

I'm very sorry you didn't notice the bit in my post that said "Maybe they could develop an option that colour-blind players could switch on". I have my own disabilities, and wasn't "bragging", but I think I am allowed an opinion.
Meanwhile, maybe you could explain what the pace of the game has to do with the issue at hand, because I've tried and failed to understand. Thanks.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Darkstar, thanks for introducing me to Bernard. I hope you can ask the artists for me who they had in mind. There are so many apple-related characters in literature and history ...
They're random names/newly created characters and not related to any historical figures. :)

DeletedUser6705

I'm very sorry you didn't notice the bit in my post that said "Maybe they could develop an option that colour-blind players could switch on". I have my own disabilities, and wasn't "bragging", but I think I am allowed an opinion.
Meanwhile, maybe you could explain what the pace of the game has to do with the issue at hand, because I've tried and failed to understand. Thanks.

Thank you for inviting a response.

a) I did notice the colour-blind option - however I doubt this would work for me (and at least one other person posting in this thread) - these apples are just too small :(
b) The pace of a game: FoE is to a very large degree turns-based, and game success does usually not depend on quick reactions to a changing environment or enemy action (with the exception of GvG perhaps). For that reason it has been playable by pretty much anybody who's able to operate a computer or a tablet. You have all the time you want to focus (get a magnifying glass, if you need to ...), and figure out where to go / what to do next.
Compare that to an action game, say a 1st person shooter where you run through the scenery, pick up weapons hidden in hard to see nooks and crannies, and shoot on any passing villain... completely out of reach with visual impairments, and personally I would consider it unreasonable to ask for the same degree of accessibility as I would from a "slow" turns-based game :)

DeletedUser1264

Thanks for replying, Wife of Vlad. I'm sorry I guessed wrong what the issue is.
Maybe there's a neighbour or relative you can ask to help you find the trees.
That could be fun, even! As you note the game is slow-paced,
so you have time to invite someone to help you locate them.

I do think lashing out at someone who says they like the way the trees look is a poor reaction.
Most people who play FoE were probably at least partially attracted by the graphics,
and I believe the artists deserve some appreciation for these pretty trees.
I hope they keep them in next year's event, and maybe put a basket under them,
and/or limit the area where they can appear a bit more, and/or add an option
that colour-blind/visually-impaired people can switch on, to make you happier.
And someone will still have a problem with the event, I promise.

Besides the charming trees, I like the neighbourly-aid-based idea of the event,
and the "store building" gizmo is a great thing to have in the game.
The good prizes were too scarce, though, and the apples are overpriced,
which means I didn't spend any diamonds on the event ... which may not be what Inno had in mind.

Artubar

Baronet
The good prizes were too scarce, though, and the apples are overpriced,
which means I didn't spend any diamonds on the event ... which may not be what Inno had in mind.
Exactly this. Although I'm quite sure that there are enough players who either don't have to care about money or never learnt dealing with it; so it will make up once again...

I don't know what a "wimmelpicture" is...
"Search the needle in the haystack" :D
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wimmelbilderbuch & some more examples

DeletedUser6705

Thanks for replying, Wife of Vlad. I'm sorry I guessed wrong what the issue is.
Maybe there's a neighbour or relative you can ask to help you find the trees.
That could be fun, even! As you note the game is slow-paced,
so you have time to invite someone to help you locate them.

I do think lashing out at someone who says they like the way the trees look is a poor reaction.
Most people who play FoE were probably at least partially attracted by the graphics,
and I believe the artists deserve some appreciation for these pretty trees.

Very last comment from my side: Yes, most days my hubby collects for me, and no, he doesn't appreciate the art work either... I think he genuinely prefers the washing up, followed by a double-dose of ironing :p.

And as far as "lashing out" goes - I just went through the thread again, and there's 19 (!!!) different players asking/begging for better visible apples, or even submitting apples... not just me - so I really feel "but it's so pretty" just doesn't cut it. By all means, keep the pretty artwork, just shove a big apple on top or at the roots.

Cardena

Squire
I like the graphic of FOE and I really appreciate an realistic look.
To make the trees more visible for players with problems in colours some change would be could, according to the remarks here. And the idea of a basket at the bottom of the tree seems to be a nice idea, or what about a ladder? Both would be realistic, and with the right choice of colour/brightness help all players to find the trees.

DeletedUser4130

Coins and supplies should not be in these events as rewards. Most now have a good supply of both.
Maybe start adding a side option on all events where players can change the event currency (apples, cups, eggs etc) for a coin or supply package. Say 10 apples for a extra small coin or supply package or the equivalent of what 10% of a extra large package gets you.

Artubar

Baronet
I like the graphic of FOE and I really appreciate an realistic look.
I like the graphics, too!
But there always should be some balance between visual aspects & usability. Just think of the bouncing icons when some production has finished or taxes from your houses are to be collected.
While it might be ok to pick up a tank in front of your battle tank factory, would you like to search for a pouch of money or a cheque at the front doors of your houses, pliers on the anvil of your blacksmith, a gingerbread man in the shop window of your confectionary - all only 1 pixel or even less in size, to be realistic?

Coins and supplies should not be in these events as rewards. Most now have a good supply of both.
The same goes for watch fires, single rogues, blueprints and, well, nearly every reward.
It depends heavily on the individual needs what has to be considered as useful or as crap.

When I was a child, we had a RL summer event (I think they still have it) where you could play games to collect points, and with your points you could get differently priced rewards. You could get the things you wanted.
That was a fair, transparent system and everybody was happy (except for those who didn't manage to collect enough points for their desired reward ^^)

The main difference is - that RL event was a non-profit event, prices were donated by local shopkeepers & companies. And the main goal was distraction & happy people.
The main goal for FoE events is generating more income for Inno and to bind players (I must collect my apples every day, before they decay! I must play daily or I could miss event X and special building Y!)

Inno doesn't live on happy people, they live on frustrated ones who spend real money to get the things they really want.

DeletedUser4285

Inno doesn't live on happy people, they live on frustrated ones who spend real money to get the things they really want.

True! Very true!

1 day to go. What happens in that 1 day is yet to be seen. ;)

NorMags

Baronet
I only said Inno lives on those, declaring the existance of such players. I never said that everybody fits this scheme.
I don't think i've gotten 1 useful item, only a Store Building from the Cornucopia... coins, Observatory bp's and rogues is ALL i've gotten from the baskets... rather spend my money wiping my *ss than using it on such crap... if there is anyone thinking thats great prizes and spend money to get more, then i think they have too much money.... Had it been possible to get some useful items they would probably increased Diamond sale by a lot....:confused:

Artubar

Baronet
one last technical / bug comment on this event, including observations from my main/ live server @Darkstar :
As long as you stay in your city overview, newly planted trees appear immediately as expected.
But after changing to other game content* (and coming back to your city ofc) it stops working, to see new trees you have to reload.
Please forward it to the devs for future "something in the wilderness" events.

* can't tell exactly which content (other cities, GE, research, world map, ...?) breaks it - for testing I'm lacking a "plant a tree NOW" function ;)