• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline: Sisi

DeletedUser5097

Wow great idea that this makes it possible to make diffrent production and is
a part of a set of a garden. I can remember a film of Sisi, but it's long ago and I
can see. I was right with that new building, that was showed some days ago. It's
of a historical event.:D With this new reward in mind, maybe players like the
new historical events a bit more.

DeletedUser4130

My god, do Inno listen or even care about feedback for events? Every single one has a scout. Wont be finishing this one I guess. Pity.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
My god, do Inno listen or even care about feedback for events? Every single one has a scout. Wont be finishing this one I guess. Pity.
We have of course forwarded the feedback from previous questlines. However, not all suggestions will be taken upon and removing scouting from questlines is one that's not likely to happen. Even though historical questlines run for several days only, there is still more than enough time to complete all the quests.

We have of course forwarded the feedback from previous questlines. However, not all suggestions will be taken upon and removing scouting from questlines is one that's not likely to happen. Even though historical questlines run for several days only, there is still more than enough time to complete all the quests.
They are typically 7 days, though the last historical quest for the queen of scottland included FIVE map quests. If you're in the later ages, EACH scout takes 3 days. 5 quests times 3 days each = 15 days total, that's if you can defeat the province fairly quickly. The last FE province is a huge hurdle to complete with all of the sectors and difficult battles.

I guess all of us players who have not completed the game are getting punished in yet another questline. Why even bother??

DeletedUser5429

You will note that on this event there is only one quest asking for three one-hour productions.
Although you have to spend 12 FPs for most quests, the scout quest is the only one that really requires much time.
That does seem to be an improvement compared to previous events, isn't it?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
They are typically 7 days, though the last historical quest for the queen of scottland included FIVE map quests. If you're in the later ages, EACH scout takes 3 days. 5 quests times 3 days each = 15 days total, that's if you can defeat the province fairly quickly. The last FE province is a huge hurdle to complete with all of the sectors and difficult battles.

I guess all of us players who have not completed the game are getting punished in yet another questline. Why even bother??
That's not feedback about this questline, but either way what you're stating simply isn't true. That particular questline had the following map-related conditions, in this order:
- Scout 1 province
- Infiltrate 1 sector
- Plunder 4 buildings or acquire 1 sector (NOTE this one also has an alternative condition)
- Acquire 2 sectors without fighting
- Acquire a province

You do not need to scout 3 provinces for this, just that single 1. You scout the new province with the first quest, you infiltrate a sector afterward, then you acquire 1 sector, then you acquire 2 more sectors, and finally you complete the province. You only need a province with at least 4 sectors (or even 3, if you do the alternative plundering condition) for this, which is 99.9% of the provinces on the map.

DeletedUser5097

That's a great idea. I can remember a online computergame with a set of 5 items. For each of that
item you must do a challenge before you can get one of them and all items are great and on top
of that if you completed all the 5 parts of that set you got bonus benefits. This way makes it
more interesting to finish all the historical events and completed the set.

DeletedUser7109

I think you miss the point. For me, It's more than the time needed to scout. It's being forced forward on the continent map far beyond my town era and fighting capabilities. At one time, my map was two ages ahead of my town. Obviously can't fight at that level so have to negotiate everything to get through all the map quest items during the event. Most difficult is quest to take multiple sectors, have to scout ahead so I'll have enough sectors to meet that quest, and THEN get a scouting quest. I play mini-events until I hit the first map item and then stop. No more play and obviously, no reason to spend money on diamond specials for the event.

DeletedUser4256

Events are pointless if there is no room for placing what those events reward you

A lot of high-end players have no room in their cities to put more new items unless they remove other (valuable) objects even a GB
Altough the new idea of this new 'Baroque garden set' is fine whats the point if a player has no more room to place them just collecting and leaving them into inventory?

When you are unable to build more things in a construction game like this, your game stagnates itself and becomes quite boring
why to keep playing events if I wont able to place in my city what I win?

DeletedUser3858

very good, I think lords innogameis, are loading the game, these events are not sirevn for anything, just to keep us entertained between age and era and above now we put a was divided into 3 parts, which faltava in GvG no battle to put the cost of the armies to player's account there is much smaneras to solve the problem of ghost unions, and autoasedios and releases of sectors, not d ela way that they have, so that s eestan loading the game there are more inactive than active people, I think there are 3,000 active and 11,000 inactive players, seek other solutions or they were alone in the game
greetings and thanks

BestWarrior

Baronet
Events are pointless if there is no room for placing what those events reward you

A lot of high-end players have no room in their cities to put more new items unless they remove other (valuable) objects even a GB
Altough the new idea of this new 'Baroque garden set' is fine whats the point if a player has no more room to place them just collecting and leaving them into inventory?

When you are unable to build more things in a construction game like this, your game stagnates itself and becomes quite boring
why to keep playing events if I wont able to place in my city what I win?

To have a nice city, doesn't mean you need to have every single new building on it:)
It's a game of options and you have to choose. In my main server, i have my city full filled, but if i want, i can get place for something else more, if i see that it's valuable for me. I can sell factories, unnecessary houses or even some less interesting buildings. It's your choice, our choice. Anyway, with the 2sd part of AF, we probably will get a few more expansions, maybe 1 or 2. That means more place to build:)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I think you miss the point. For me, It's more than the time needed to scout. It's being forced forward on the continent map far beyond my town era and fighting capabilities. At one time, my map was two ages ahead of my town. Obviously can't fight at that level so have to negotiate everything to get through all the map quest items during the event.
Even with scouting a couple provinces over the last several months for all the questlines and events, you wouldn't be put in a position where on the map you're 2 eras ahead of your city's era. You can literally move forward at least a few to several eras in that same time span (several months).

The only way that would happen is if you've been trying to get as far as possible on the map while neglecting Research. But even in such a case it is still possible to make progress there - as you said there is the option to negotiate, and if these are high eras as previously mentioned by someone then you likely have Great Buildings to help you go through a battle even if you end up suffering heavy loses. So while it may be difficult it is still doable, and since these questlines only run once it is expected for them to be challenging.

Most difficult is quest to take multiple sectors, have to scout ahead so I'll have enough sectors to meet that quest, and THEN get a scouting quest.
But this is not the case here, and hasn't been the case for several historical questlines now. I've gone back through them and the last such questline order was for the Martin Luther King Jr. historical questline. If it's for events, those run for a longer period of time which once again gives you the possibility to manage that. Plus they're not really the topic of discussion here.

I understand the points made on the topic very well, but these quest requirements are basic game actions. They push you to move forward, yes, but so do many other actions because that is how the game is designed - for you to go forward, even if you're doing it at a slower pace.

DeletedUser7214

I'm looking forward to this event, I like the idea of a "set" of buildings instead of upgrading the building that you already have.

DeletedUser4129

I've already quit this event due to the research a technology quest. It happens in every quest and now my only choice it to enter a new era AE. I have no desire to do that. In my 4 years of playing FoE this will be my first unfinished quest due to the continual requirement of being forced to move forward on the tech tree. Inno needs to remove the requirement to research a technology if it requires a new era to be opened. Forcing a player into a era also has an affect on the guild as goods requirements for expedition is based on the era of the players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7265

Oh nice, quest 7, "research a technology". Well, I think, there should be an alternative - ok strange idea I know. Good, that no one else ever wrote that in feedback thread. ;)
So for me, the event ist over again. :mad:

DeletedUser7454

this will be my first unfinished quest due to the continual requirement of being forced to move forward on the tech tree.
Same for me on live server. I do not see any advantage to enter arctic -- actually I saw more disadvantaged in it -- A LOT!! -- so I did not finish Mary Stuart quest line. Even though it was a SoK.

Not remembering if summer event had a tech. related quest but if it did will be the same ... We are not the only one voicing this yet INNO has selective hearing and wants to hear what they chose. They chose to shove down our throat a useless Arctic tech tree and now, when they see people do not want to advance, they are pushing it through the events. Do not get me wrong -- I would like to advance on tech but is should be a meaningful advancement - the current one is not!

That all said the Aviary is way to good building to pass -- Actually, surprisingly, its is one of the better buildings that INNO come up in while now. It is smaller then the a bazaar, well even smaller the mad scientist lab -- and yet it produces 2 FP/day and gives also happiness. And it is pretty (that is just a bonus for me :) ). So when the event comes in Sept. I will give in and move to AF -- hoping that by than INNO acquired some hearing aid and will make use of the AF goods in the treasury.