• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Ranking System - Points Explanation

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7059

I agreed with midas89.
On my main world, i dont fight in GvG, i just ddonated guild with goods. And i can donated event medals, but why? If i dont get anything back, i will not donate... isn´t that simple math? :)

laclongquan

Steward
Bad decision, now would anyone in the right mind would donate to the treasury? You get points for donate goods to it, why not medal?
There is no incentive, I see stagnancy.

DeletedUser6740

2 pts per medal was maybe a bit excessive but, at least, it offered a different way to make ranking points other than to take the same sector all day long... Medals WAS a solution for farmers (with a high developped Arc or Frontenac) to make some ranking points...
You talk about rebalancing ?? Huhu ! A rebalancing should have been to reduce the ranking points given by the donation of medals. Something like 1 or 0.5 point like suggested before. But you chose the "zero option" like you did with the production of gold and tools. Good job !

DeletedUser6933

Really nice job again!

Than PLEASE remove points for buildings, GBs, and good spent. After it remove PVP figths and try to solve to remove all real GVG fights as well.
After it, your balancing system will show you the real value of the game! Go point farmers, who you kill the GvG system.

Well done!

Edit: Just do another really exciting historical event! That's all we want!

I am really appalled by this announcement. Reducing the effect of medals on the ranking I can understand, but awarding 0 point per medal and stating no refunds will be made is just insane. I have put 10 million medals in my guilds treasury and the guild will never need that many and it is my opinion that refunds should be made in such cases where the medal donations far exceed the reasonable expected use of medals for guild wars. Furthermore there should be some use for those medals, for except for the 2 expansions you can buy with them, there is really no other good use for them in the game.

InnoGames has a hard time visioning the effect of decisions beforehand, maybe it is time that a panel will be formed from experienced betaplayers to give feedback before changes are implemented or even developed. The hardcore players often have very good insight as to what effect things will have on the game and given the rollbacks and major changes from the past, InnoGames could really use the help.

DeletedUser4285

Really nice job again!

Than PLEASE remove points for buildings, GBs, and good spent. After it remove PVP figths and try to solve to remove all real GVG fights as well.
After it, your balancing system will show you the real value of the game! Go point farmers, who you kill the GvG system.

Well done!

Edit: Just do another really exciting historical event! That's all we want!

Yes another exciting historical event that gives an SoK or two as an end reward would be great. ;)

podkap1970

Emperor
InnoGames has a hard time visioning the effect of decisions beforehand, maybe it is time that a panel will be formed from experienced betaplayers to give feedback before changes are implemented or even developed. The hardcore players often have very good insight as to what effect things will have on the game and given the rollbacks and major changes from the past, InnoGames could really use the help.
this !

Edit: even the game is totally broken already, and not sure there is any good solution to fix it

Tanmay11

Regent
good job inno....this feature would have again unbalanced the rankings like Gbs did a while ago.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1283

+1 for me and think this should be an official proposal

The problem for medals was also summed up by IM666

..... I have put 10 million medals in my guilds treasury........

This was the problem that ranking points could be massively changed but I think almost every player would have left some points in for medal donations and the debate would be how much and if capped even. INNO tends to react without consulting the players and the problem and it would be far far better if they put the problem to us and asked for our thoughts.

DeletedUser

but awarding 0 point per medal and stating no refunds will be made is just insane
are you on the wrong server ?

this is the beta
the place where changes should be made

they tested the medal points.
saw that it would be bad
removed it before it went live

good job InnoGames (at least once)

btw:
you get your refund every 2 weeks: free diamonds

it is my opinion that refunds should be made in such cases

many lost over 10 million ranking points for coins / supplies on LIVE servers
and they only got a lousy sword award

why do you think you would get a refund for changes that happened only on the beta server

and finally: thank you for donating 10 million medals
because of players like you who did that InnoGames recognized that it was a bad choice to give points for it

too bad that InnoGames didn't recognize what they did with the Arc (giving back more than 50% on place 1 in the level between 25 and 75 when you have a level 80 Arc) when it only was available on the beta server

Tanmay11

Regent
are you on the wrong server ?

this is the beta
the place where changes should be made

they tested the medal points.
saw that it would be bad
removed it before it went live

good job InnoGames (at least once)

btw:
you get your refund every 2 weeks: free diamonds

many lost over 10 million ranking points for coins / supplies on LIVE servers
and they only got a lousy sword award

why do you think you would get a refund for changes that happened only on the beta server

and finally: thank you for donating 10 million medals
because of players like you who did that InnoGames recognized that it was a bad choice to give points for it

too bad that InnoGames didn't recognize what they did with the Arc (giving back more than 50% on place 1 in the level between 25 and 75 when you have a level 80 Arc) when it only was available on the beta server
fully agree!!!

@ betatest03

I am in exactly the right server and entitled to my opinion and have the right to give my feedback. It does not hurt InnoGames or other players in any way if we get the medals back, so there is no reason at all not to refund and the diamonds we get in no way compensate for all the glitches and errors there are in the beta. Just the other day I lost a few 100 FP in a GB due to graphical issues on the server end of things, just do the math how many diamonds 100 FP cost and multiply it by 3 or 4 to calculate how many diamonds would be needed to make up for that one issue and it happened more than once. The 500 diamonds you call my refund, you get too and you lost nothing to get them, so that is a non-argument.

I perfectly understand that 2 points a medal is too much, but 0 is too little, especially without refunds being made. If they want point farming to stop and balance the game, they should deal with the battle system too.

Your range on the level 25-75 is too wide and the real profits get made between 40 and 60. And that is relative too, for you can usually make more on smaller investments than the bigger ones. You get higher percentages there. It just takes less effort.

DeletedUser4285

Exactly how will they give everyone their medals back? tons of players have put medals in guild treasury and some of those medals will have been used up by now in some guilds, if not all.
From inno's point of view too much work there. :p

DeletedUser

Your range on the level 25-75 is too wide and the real profits get made between 40 and 60
I didn't say real profit

I said more than 50% back for donating 50% of level with a level 80 Arc

and true 25-75 was too wide
but closer to the truth than 40-60
because it is level 30 - 74

but I heard people with level 80 Arcs have a big problem
they have not enough FP to take all situations where they could make profit :eek:
so those poor players can take only level 40-60 where the profit is 20% (based on the regular reward) and more

Last edited by a moderator:

HuscarlTW

Squire
The post referenced does not give values for promethium and AF goods. Those values are: 22.5 for AF goods and 42 for promethium.