• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expeditions

DeletedUser6705

Each time you win a battle you get expedition points on top of the battle points you are familiar with.
I simply added up all the expedition points awarded during all the encounters.

The game will then give you guild power at given check points. The first check point (i.e. the first 15 guild power points comes after you reach 759 expedition points. Your second check point needs a few more points and so it goes up... Look at the screenshot... current check point is 8051 expedition points, which I won't reach as I'm out of encounters

upload_2016-5-5_10-9-13.png

DeletedUser4285

So basically you got 6 power chests the first level giving you 90 power, 5 chests the second level giving you 75 power and 6 chests the third level giving you 90 power.

I see your point now. It would make more sense to keep the total needed for each checkpoint the same so we end up with more for level 2 and even more for level 3.
I guess it should have gone something like ......

level 1 - 6 chests = 90
level 2 - 9 chests = 135
level 3 - 12 chests = 180

Well that's just an example but I am sure it would make more sense than what currently is the case. ;)

The power amount is still pretty poor. If you're in FE, a single HOF would give 370 guild power which is more than people in FE have been able to get in expedition. And a HOF gives that EVERY DAY, while expedition is weekly.

DeletedUser4256

The power amount is still pretty poor. If you're in FE, a single HOF would give 370 guild power which is more than people in FE have been able to get in expedition. And a HOF gives that EVERY DAY, while expedition is weekly.

My point of view is:

ours HoF are giving us a lot of Guild power as you said
Guild Expeditions are giving us +17,000 so far
without Guild Expeditions we would have 17,000 less

DeletedUser4607

My point of view is:

ours HoF are giving us a lot of Guild power as you said
Guild Expeditions are giving us +17,000 so far
without Guild Expeditions we would have 17,000 less

Your point of view is:
Balancing doesn't matter (so long as you still get some benefit for your effort).

I completely disagree with that.

My point of view is: Balancing is absolutely essential to keep players satisfied and interested in the game, and avoid major frustrations.

DeletedUser4285

good point cuz when you get 90 power for completing level 1 and same for level 3 then that could do with some changes.

Question: Exactly how are the contribution points calculated?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4256

Your point of view is:
Balancing doesn't matter (so long as you still get some benefit for your effort).

exactly :)

well, we'll see, if it is unbalanced they will balance it or they wont do anything if the current amount of guild power from guild expeditions is intended as is

DeletedUser4285

does anyone know how the contribution points are calculated that we receive from each expedition?
say, for example, i fight a 1 wave expedition of 7 hover tanks so how does that work with the way i get contribution points?

Macha

Squire
i am again disappointed that we have another expedition without the negotiate feature being active, especially as GE is coming to the live servers tomorrow so non fighting guild members are again being left out of a new feature

DeletedUser

i am again disappointed that we have another expedition without the negotiate feature being active, especially as GE is coming to the live servers tomorrow so non fighting guild members are again being left out of a new feature
What do you think should be the price for peaceful completion of expedition fights?

I think it should be a very small amount of goods 2 or 3 ages higher than your current age. That seems like a good challenge that forces us to engage in trade but isn't unreasonable.

Edit* I just realized this would not work for those players near the end of the tech tree. Maybe for those at the end of the tech tree, the peaceful solution would require large amounts of Bronze Age goods, which I think is sort of a challenge to get at that point.

DeletedUser6908

I would guess that the price of negotiation is what is holding up that option. With premium & event building & diamonds as prizes it won't be cheap or easy to buy your way through.

DeletedUser6705

I also can't see how they're going to prevent abuse: In normal game play you can only give another player goods at very favorable rates - with GE that player can then use those goods to get get army units, buildings, diamonds ...

Macha

Squire
the announcement says.....
It will not be a simple pay&go solution that you know from the single player map. We have something better in mind that will also be more fun for players who prefer peaceful solutions over brute force.

....so presumably it wont need goods

DeletedUser6730

Some emails goin around in our guild:

Level 2 is hard to complete by itself, the troops attack bonuses along with 2 wave attacks, I don't think many of our guildies here can do it, let alone advance thru level 3. For the few of us that can do it, I don't think it is worth the goods to pay to unlock level 3.

I think the developers had a screw loose when they decided what goods to spend to unlock the next level. You need goods, for every guild member (whether you are participating or not) of one tech lower than they are. For example, for each player in FE, it requires TE goods. Great buildings that produce treasury goods produce them at the level you are, so that makes our gbs useless for this. In FE, we get PME goods for free (from goods producing gbs and Wishing Wells), that doesn't help here either.

I completed the final battle in another game. The rewards were: 100 diamonds, A premium production building, a Shrine of Inspiration, and other lesser prizes.
Of course, I got one of the lesser prizes. I got an Eco Park. A non-premium Cultural building I can build myself. It shouldn't even be a prize for all the goods and troops spent to do that maze 3x.
lol an Eco Park.

Do you think it is worth it? Even my Avrahall guild (with many FE players) doesn't think so, and we have a huge Treasury there. Except for TE goods (which basically screws everyone in FE), because we have an over-zealous player attacking in TE gvg, who spent them all. lol We have thousands of other goods, but only a few hundred of TE.

Personally, my Attack Rating is 95/81. I am not a 'powerhouse' player. I try to keep my cities balanced between goods and military.
Fighting against equal tech troops with 100% is hard. The only good news is you can see what you are going to fight and can pick the best troops and use the right tactics (or put the battle on auto and take a chance).
I can probably do it, but very few in the guild can finish level 3. Heck, I doubt most can get past level 2.

Ok, no can do. I attacked in Avrahall first. I have a slightly higher attack rating 104/90.
The last 2 battles, I had to use diamonds to heal my troops. I pressed on. The final rewards weere : 100 diamonds, a Shrine of Inspiration, a premium production building and others. I got a friggin Eco Park (a non-premium cultural building) what a waste! lol An Eco Park, shouldn't even be a prize for all the troops and goods to do that 3x.
I'm not gonna bother here. I have 10 ponts less attack and defense. I'll spend even more diamonds to complete it here. It will cost more than the 100 diamonds I can win :(

podkap1970

Emperor
there is no need to use diamonds for any battle in the expedition, if you have those fighting-stats as you wrote above
if you lose the unit you want to get to wave 2, just retreat the battle and try again, until it can fight for the 2nd wave
maybe it takes some tries, but its possible

DeletedUser4285

that is true. no need to use diamonds at all. only ever need to retreat before the 2nd wave if you use 1 FE unit and 7 rogues and the 1 FE unit is killed in the 1st wave.

the announcement says.....
It will not be a simple pay&go solution that you know from the single player map. We have something better in mind that will also be more fun for players who prefer peaceful solutions over brute force.

....so presumably it wont need goods

Maybe the way inno will do that is this way ....

each expedition on level 1 = 10 diamonds
each expedition on level 2 = 30 diamonds
each expedition on level 3 = 50 diamonds

or maybe not ..... o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylisaveta

Squire
Maybe the way inno will do that is this way ....

each expedition on level 1 = 10 diamonds
each expedition on level 2 = 30 diamonds
each expedition on level 3 = 50 diamonds

or maybe not ..... o_O[/QUOTE]

Diamonds would be "pay & go" as well :eek:....I'm hoping it will maybe be puzzles to solve, or even tasks to complete, sort of like quests. Something different. Won't matter to me, though, I like fighting :)

DeletedUser4285

Maybe the negotiation option may include having to pay medals or like you say maybe tasks to complete which could include gaining happiness or something.

podkap1970

Emperor
i did 2 expedition on 2 (live) servers this week

- on 1st server we reached 'level' 13
it says power reached: 42.036 (next level would be +3.503)

- on 2nd server we reached 'level' 10
here it says: power reached: 40.284 (next level would be +4.476)

could you explain to me, why are there so 'big' diffrences between those 2 servers please ?

if we would have made one more level on 2nd server, we would have gotten more power (44.760) as on 1st server, but we would have reached 2 lesser levels (11)

Andi47

Overlord
Is the amount of power to reach per guild level dependant on the size of the guild and the eras of the guild members? If yes, what is formula to calculate it?