• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Interface Concepts

DeletedUser

Notes:
  • Population and Happiness toolbar items merged into one item. Mouseover popup also merged.
  • Supplies and Coins toolbar items have boost icons (green up arrows) reflecting active boosts. Mouseover popup contains boost details.
  • City name and current age locations are switched to match how it is displayed when visiting other cities.
  • Quest-giver bar is fixed in size, now has scroll arrows. If a quest-giver wants attention and is not visible, the scroll button is highlighted instead, with the green or yellow quest circle icon emerging from the scroll button.
  • Right-hand alert icons removed.
  • Chat slide out button moved to right edge.
  • Volume bar for both music and sound effects.
  • When moused over, GB icons on social toolbar show a list of player's GBs.
  • When moused over, goods icon in top toolbar shows a condensed list of all goods.
Edit NormaJeane - 2016-10-28 - I've added spoiler tags because of too large image(s) .
36625b8374cd32927f7bf458d64ec859.jpeg

e25bbe0118baa7cff2caf0b40ad7a47b.jpeg

5a68602a7e5e311ea42fc3a79c2f5e38.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

9e8dad3075ddad8fbc1532d0c3c5447c.png

babaddd77a8a9933e40ae0094f34fd6a.png
Notes:
Added explicit blueprint count to rewards list.
Open Inventory button moved into blueprint checkerboard. Entire area is clickable.
GB owner's name is clickable for context menu. GB name is clickable, leads to GB window, if possible.

Edit NormaJeane - 2016-10-28 - I've added spoiler tags because of too large image(s) .

DeletedUser

a286b3ccb74baa0b5a8c62b4ca847a72.png

c2d3df51b0c1de0c70d8559bf082d44d.png
Notes:
Added guild/friend/neighbor icons to Event History and GB Donation window.

DeletedUser

74852337607f08fb860d1af42b29073d.png
Notes:

Goods shown in three columns:
Options, Bronze, Iron
EMA, HMA, LMA
Colonial, Industrial, Progressive
Modern, Postmodern, Contemporary
Tomorrow, Future, Arctic

Boost icons (green up arrows) added to boosted goods. Optional.
Shows goods reserved in market offers. Hover to view.
Shows number of goods buildings you have.

DeletedUser

What do you all think?
f235a925880937c6f2eba5561840a9ab.jpeg
Global Rankings
  • Four main tabs in Global Rankings: Guild, Player, Great Building, Advanced Search (for searching by many criteria at once). Medals tab removed and integrated into Player tab.
  • In Players tab, use filters to narrow down search (drop down menu). Filters can be hidden through menu option (top left).
  • In Players tab, all columns can be sorted ascending and descending by clicking the up/down arrows next to column name.
  • In Players tab, guild names have context menu. "Guild Profile" opens the guild's profile in popup window. "Find in Rankings" will switch to the Guild tab of the Global Rankings and find that guild in the rankings.
note* the image shows player filters in effect, but the neighbor/guild/friend icons shown in the player results do not correctly reflect the filters. I did not have time to correct them.

Andi47

Overlord
I found this thread just now - WOW!

My comments:

To your post #1:
* you seem to use the minimum resolution - what is it exactly?
* fixed questgiver bar size is good especially for low resolution. It would also be nice if the questgiver bar could be individually adjusted in a certain range (example: 2 visible questgivers + scrollbars on evel lower resolution; 4 or 5 visible questgivers on high resolution)
* Chat window: I think it is a matter of taste whether it comes from top or from the right
* Right info bar: Do NOT remove it! Even if the "boost arrows" besides the coins and supplies symbols are implemented, with the City Moon an important info would be removed. In large cities it is easy to miss idle buildings, and without the city moon, one would almost always have a few idle buildings - just because they are missed. Note, that the City Moon is clickable; click on the city moon scrolls the city map to the next idle building. (Note 2: You have got an idle building in your city in your image, but without the right info bar, you would have to search through your city to find it. In HMA this is still easy to find, but in Modern Era and later it is sometimes quite hard to find these icons on top of the buildings. I am frequently searching for that one last building I can collect (sometimes also difficult to see) - "aah, here *click*, whait what? Another building to collect? Where????" Imagine how much buildings one would miss, if there are no "collect all" and "city moon" icons!)
** edit: there is another icon/info which would no longer be available if the right info bar would be removed - namely the "Dynamic Tower boost" symbol.
* Population and Happiness tooltip: This should give additional info:
** how much happiness is provided by buildings?
** how much happiness is provided by currently active polishings?
** (already implemented, do not remove): How much happiness do I have in excess?
** (also already implemented, do not remove): If not enthusiastic, how much happiness is needed for the next happiness level?
* The goods- and GB tooltips look great - maybe add info about the current level of the GB (e.g. Statue of Zeus 9, Tower of Babel 4, Alcatraz 15, etc.)

To your post #2:
* looks good, but needs additional info: How much did I get from base value and Arc boost?

To your post #3:
* The additional info would be VERY much appreciated, especially in the GB contributor list: Example: If I see an opportunity to grab some reward (e.g. 55 FP by spending only 32 FP - such things do happen sometimes!), I do not want to press myself in front of a guildmate, but I might want to overtake a neighbour.

To your post #4:
* looks good, but in other languages the space for the name of some advanced goods might be too short with 3 colums.
* the info in the tooltip would be appreciated
* BTW: some ancient bugs should be fixed in the trading window. Example: I have got 100 copper and want to place two offers in the kind of "offer 50 copper, need 50 honey" to the market. After placing the first of these offer, the amounts in the selection bars are set to zero - the trade window seems to believe that I have no more copper, but I still have 50 (enough to place a second offer in the same size).

Last edited:

DeletedUser7649

This is literally one of the most well thought out idea threads I have EVER seen! :)

+1 To ALL of your ideas!

Each of your ideas would impact my own game play for the better, kudos to you :)