• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

The Far Future Arctic Age

DeletedUser

I think it's simple. In the future glaciers are already melt so the new map can't be on "snow" or "ice" cap - this is why the buildings are not frozen. Maybe that's the point?
but under the arctic ice is only water :rolleyes:

land under the ice would be on the south pole: Antarctica

btw:
The Arctic's climate is characterized by cold winters and cool summers. Precipitation mostly comes in the form of snow. .. Average winter temperatures can be as low as −40 °C (−40 °F), and the coldest recorded temperature is approximately −68 °C (−90 °F).

can you imagine what would happen to the rest of the world if the arctic gets warm and there would be no ice anymore :mad:

many land on the cost of the rest of the world would be under water
in reality it would be a dark future without the arctic ice

for example: Netherlands: gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4285

and then the world becomes water world where people will have learnt to make cities on top of water :p

DeletedUser5630

but under the arctic ice is only water :rolleyes:

land under the ice would be on the south pole: Antarctica

btw:

can you imagine what would happen to the rest of the world if the arctic gets warm and there would be no ice anymore :mad:

many land on the cost of the rest of the world would be under water
in reality it would be a dark future without the arctic ice

for example: Netherlands: gone.

Of course. But in Arctic are located some lands, like Greenland for example and northern Canada and Russia. Of course, the middle is only the frozen sea, so i think it is Anarctic in real, but located not in the right place (it is a game, right?). Or it is some kind of huge Greenland, and Anarctic will be in further eras. It make sense, because to melt Greendland ice caps we don't need so big global warming as in Anarctic, in fact it is already in progress. I know what are the consequences, but xskywalkerx told you what will happen:

DeletedUser5630

and then the world becomes water world where people will have learnt to make cities on top of water :p

Certainly You are right. People learned how to deal with higher sea-level and more water is used in the city.

DeletedUser5097

But how aobut the freezing winters?
The Arctic Age is the age after our near future as things start to change rapidly with warmer summers and freezing winters.
See this post: 12 days of arctic age
If we has freezing winters, I think about with and cold winters, blizzards and horror winters with tons of snow and ice.
Any ways I think your right about the map and te buildings, the hot summers and the melting ice and snow of the arctics,
and maybe some secrets are discoverd by this. Greva told about some new thing on the arctic and has asked to started a
expedition to the arctics for it.
Included the solution for the rising sea, by the melting ice and snow.

DeletedUser5955

also i would like to see a change in wonders.

usualy there are 2 wonders per age with each 1 weak and strong bonus.

for the arctic era i suggest to change that way into:

lets say teoreticly that size of 1 wonder is around 6x6. now thats 36 squares x2 = 72 squares

now for arctic era i suggest only 1 wonder per era taking 54 - ish squares and with 3 bonuses of dev choosing

DeletedUser4411

Hello everybody, I have a piece of information.
pvp_arcticfuture.png

They changed the name in the tech tree to just "Arctic Future".

The buildings are surprisingly lush and green for an era that's supposed to be frozen over...Maybe they're going to have FFAA after this one with actual frozen buildings, and this is a transient stage??

DeletedUser5097

The first decoration looks like a decoration of Elvenar...
D_SS_ArcticFuture_Decoration1.png

DeletedUser

Elvenar takes place far far into Forge of Empire's future, when future technology is indistinguishable from magic, and the inhabitants of the world, transformed by genetic meddling, have long forgotten how to recreate such technology and consider it natural.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5097

Here is the map, just 1 expansion and another colonial age goods deposit...

http://prntscr.com/azhpkz
Only 8 provinces?
I see it now. More lines suggest more provinces on the map, it can't be GvG; GvG looks
different and is one big province, but I see more lines how suggest unknown provinces,
or they are bonus provinces, than I'm wrong and there are more provinces in the upcomming
years. I mean from the progressive era map, we should to get more bonusprovinces (if the
final age is in the game). At this time 8 bonusmaps ahead for the upcomming years, if the
arctic future is the final age.
Anyways thanks for the information.:) It's seems nice. I hope we will see ice and snow on
the battle fields of the arctic age and not a green city (like the buildings in our arctic
cities).-_-

DeletedUser5097

Thanks for the information.:) Maybe a era over the next space race
to Mars. The race to Mars is real and it the finisch should to be
in 2050. Exact the year that Inno wanted to end the ingame years.
A lot of people are working for the race to Mars: NASA, ESA, Mars one,
etc. a onother frontier can be floating cities, but I think it's not for
the near future for the upcomming decades in real. Maybe we need
to safe a space station on eurth for the expedition/race to Mars. The
grand final of the game. It's a idea and speculation. We will see. I've
the Arctic age is comming on beta, we will see the name of the next
game age.:)
And I've there are more ages coming after the arctic age, I know now
why we has All ages GvG; so Inno doesn't need to make new GvG maps
and the players of the final age(s) can play GvG with the best units of
the game. We will see what the future will offer to us.