• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion] About Easter Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

can the event be changed from hiding quests to regular event quests please

DeletedUser

Do you mean the regular event quests that many have voiced displeasure at because the province and research quests can be more difficult for some than others?
My point is in very event there are players that like things about it, and others that don't. Personally I doubt the devs will be changing the mechanics of this event, nor changing that eggs need to be hidden in decs. I do think that with an event so dependent on actions to decs, that the Aid function is a big factor in negatively affecting a players ability to actually hide eggs, but that's just my personal opinion.

DeletedUser4256

All Eeaster events have been the same. Even before the Aid feature was implemented many players had never had any deco on their cities and, when the Easter event came, everyone built a lot of them to receive eggs

Players who currently dont have decos will build some again and once the event ends they will delete them again (as I will).
Since 2012 it has been always the same so I dont understand why to change the things now.

As Zerok said, I think it'd be worse to face a typical questline with scouting, infiltrating, acquiring quests instead of just hiding eggs.
But if you want (to change the mechanics) get on with it, no trouble for me, I'm at the end of all so these kind of quests will autocomplete to me.

Also remember that auto-Aid is an optional feature so everyone still can aid or visit players manually if needed, as it has always been.

Andi47

Overlord
Do you mean the regular event quests that many have voiced displeasure at because the province and research quests can be more difficult for some than others?
My point is in very event there are players that like things about it, and others that don't. Personally I doubt the devs will be changing the mechanics of this event, nor changing that eggs need to be hidden in decs. I do think that with an event so dependent on actions to decs, that the Aid function is a big factor in negatively affecting a players ability to actually hide eggs, but that's just my personal opinion.

Hmmm... Since the Aid function was implemented, I have rearranged my cities like this:
* No decos - except event decos which are already standing in the city (but I have any new event deco still in my inventory) - because decos will attract aid-actions, which I need more urgently for cultural buildings and production buildings
* reduced cultural buildings - so that the city is still happy most of the time due to aiding.
* if there is any gap, I build roads instead of decos, because roads can't be polished

So during Easter event, I have to re-arrange my cities again:
* build *lots* of decos of a quite early era - to get them polished as late as possible and to have still enough decos unpolished that eggs can be hidden
* more cultural buildings (and reduced number of production or militrary buildings): people hide eggs instead of aiding (yeah!), but I have to compensate the missing polishings

Therefore many players ask (especially around easter) that it should be possible to opt for an "enable/disable polishing decos" button in the settings menu. (from the end of the easter event until the beginning of the next one, deco is contraproductive, because it eats aid actions for very little effect)

DeletedUser

I prefer the egg hiding quests, myself. All other events have regular type quests that can interfere with my advancement strategy. And, frankly, with all the new events being introduced, it's becoming more and more difficult to advance at my own pace. I would like to see more of these events present unique quests that require something different than the typical advancement type stuff.
As for decos being the only eligible buildings for eggs, I'm ok with it...it makes for a a short period of strategic adjustment without really doing much harm. Easter Event is probably my favorite event. Inno is very generous during this one. :)

DeletedUser5679

Take the deveggs outside and eggsterminate eggciting easter event ruined one of the best inno ideas ruined like bad eggs.....eggcidingly fed up lame quests again yawn and listening to people who have no eggxuberance for the game,result boring eggstravaganza.........as much fun as a bad egg phew whats that smell a bad easter event.......reinstate the old one.......please

Would prefer the hiding of eggs again, always a surprise how many you would get and what prizes they would bring. Also would like SOK to be permanent prize in the largest chest. Chest could go back to 300 eggs then, provided the hiding of eggs returns. Buying eggs with diamonds is quite expensive, hardly worth your while.

DeletedUser4282

Ok so far! No complaints here!! :)
Not spending any diamonds on quest ever!!
So, don't care how much the cost!! ;)

DeletedUser4225

So it appears you get some eggs when you collect your Town Hall, but it doesn't say how those eggs were calculated. Something about trading that passed by very fast. Also it wasn't obvious that the little flowers were the 250 things you needed to collect to get the BP generator "shrine". Not sure how long the event will last but I'm hoping that there will not be a need to spend diamonds to get the big prize. Something tells me though that my hopes will be dashed as so many of them have been by the devs/overseers at Inno.....

DeletedUser6089

OOOPS!! They did it again. Took a good thing and made it bad. I miss my bouncing eggs.

DeletedUser7214

I think the question we should ask ourselves is who DOSE NOT hate the new easter event.

DeletedUser7140

All Eeaster events have been the same. Even before the Aid feature was implemented many players had never had any deco on their cities and, when the Easter event came, everyone built a lot of them to receive eggs

Players who currently dont have decos will build some again and once the event ends they will delete them again (as I will).
Since 2012 it has been always the same so I dont understand why to change the things now.

As Zerok said, I think it'd be worse to face a typical questline with scouting, infiltrating, acquiring quests instead of just hiding eggs.
But if you want (to change the mechanics) get on with it, no trouble for me, I'm at the end of all so these kind of quests will autocomplete to me.

Also remember that auto-Aid is an optional feature so everyone still can aid or visit players manually if needed, as it has always been.

Hi. I support that.:p.
its better to me a questline. cause is too boring hide 1 egg in every city :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.