• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] New Rankings

podkap1970

Emperor
well i repeat myself
it makes no sense at all, to implement a new ranking system, when you dont fix the GvG stuff (farming XP with 2 sectors) first
and every 2 sectors farming exploit should be deleted (the XP), backwards of course :)
new system = fresh start

DeletedUser5450

I'm not unhappy with the changes made, so far they appear fair to the majority of players. My score was not comprised of points from high level GBs, not even a lot of battles, just an average player that helps the guild with goods and GvG fights when it is needed - my ranking increased by 145k plus the 1x1 decoration gives an additional 103k to the ranking. If goods spent has not been tallied yet my points should increase even further. Do we have any information on when this will be added to the rankings calculations?

For the average player it's nothing monumental, unless all your rank was based off of coin/supply collections. I don't think supply buildings will become completely obsolete but perhaps there will be fewer of them and use the extra space for goods buildings, hopefully not paper :eek:

What I like most about the rankings is that it discourages goods hoarding. I know several players on the US servers who give themselves goods hoarding goals just for fun, even being part of a GvG guild who could use those goods in their treasury.

DeletedUser2752

Question for those in-the-know:
'No Age' buildings like watchfire, rogue hideout, drummer school and observatory won't give any city points?
Or doubled stone age points?

And will the city points of the great buildings count as 'premium'?
Watchfire is 40 points, Rogue hideout is 120 points, drummer school is 320, and my FE Champion Retreat is 28,800.

I believe Great Buildings points (for just placing it in your city) are random like the other special buildings I mentioned. I could provide those if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuscarlTW

Squire
I believe Great Buildings points (for just placing it in your city) are random like the other special buildings I mentioned. I could provide those if you like.

What do you mean random?

I was under the impression they gave the same points as other buildings, per tile.

i.e. ME buildings are 250 points/tile, so I would expect atomium to be worth 10500 points.

DeletedUser2752

What do you mean random?

I was under the impression they gave the same points as other buildings, per tile.

i.e. ME buildings are 250 points/tile, so I would expect atomium to be worth 10500 points.
As shown here, the Atomium was worth 32375 points:
Just for recording keeping, I decided to record my points as I was constructing an Atomium:
Initial points: 3710799
Placed Atomium in city: 3743174
Spent 55FPs in Atomium: 3743178
Leveled Atomium (to level 1): 3744078
Collected from Atomium: 3744078
Sold Atomium: 3710803

So it seems that we actually get points for spending forge points in general (so we get to see some activity) (It was the trails I built to connect the Atomium that gave points), ME goods are worth at most 18.5 points per good (likely less as the GB itself probably had some extra points attached to it), and guild-goods from GBs does not factor into ranking (yet?)

HuscarlTW

Squire
20,125 of the 32375 points are from the goods spent to construct it.

So that leaves 12250 points for the GB itself.

I guess that's a little more than the 10500 I predicted.

My best guess: 10500 + 1750 = 12250

1750 being based on the # of goods required to erect the GB.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4256

My first impression after this new ranking system is that makes the game much less attractive
I also think that a spirit of a game is to reward the player activity and/or completing game challenges but after the change this is not happening.
I dont mean just of removal of rank points by collecting coins and supplies but other activity or player actions

I've just finished the Pope event, I completed the 11 quests or tasks in a row and I scored 0 rank points

..so, if donating goods to the treasury, leveling up your GBs and fighting are just basically the true game activities now, so they're rewarded with rank points ...does it mean that scouting a province, infiltrating a sector, completing a quest, getting medals, winning a PvP tower, finishing a questline and so on, which all of them are tasks, activities and challenges that gives 0 points themselves and even more difficult to do, are not classified as a player activity?

If all this stuff do not mean activity, just get rid of them, rename the game "Forge of Great Buildings" or "Forge of Guild versus Guild Farming" and remove the term "Empires" bcos is out of place or is just gone, isnt it? :D

DeletedUser

There is an announcement stating that points for treasury donations wasn't working when the changelog was enstated. It should be getting fixed, or maybe already has.

DeletedUser4446

You don't have to bother, thanks. I'm just curious.
I assume that the good people behind Forgestats will eventually put the city points for all buildings in the simulator.
So I'll just wait for that to be updated with all these numbers.

DeletedUser5746

can the golden sword statue level up with a renovation kit, and get it more Rang Points when i level up it?

DeletedUser2752

I assume that the good people behind Forgestats will eventually put the city points for all buildings in the simulator.
So I'll just wait for that to be updated with all these numbers.
They mainly got the numbers for me at one point :p (Not 100% sure if they still do it now)

DeletedUser4446

Haha ok :)
I'm not designing my city based on the city points of certain buildings, so it won't change anything for me, whether a rogue hideout gives 120 city points or 12,000. Shouldn't be a guiding factor imo

DeletedUser

My only feedback regarding this new ranking system is that the ranking pts for goods are imbalanced. Everyone who is looking to improve their ranking will be trading their goods down as much as possible and then dump them into the treasury. There needs to be a bigger gap of points between the different ages. That's all.

DeletedUser5254

This new ranking system has made me change my play style. Now I am attacking everyone in my hood and plundering them for the goods. So I can get points for the battles plus the goods to put in my own treasury, which means more points. Now I have more goods to ghost guild and make even more battle points. Seems strange but I'll go with it until it gets boring as hell.

DeletedUser4327

I understand that points will eventually also be awarded for goods SPENT. Will this include goods donated from ones personal inventory into the guilds treasury?

DeletedUser2752

I understand that points will eventually also be awarded for goods SPENT. Will this include goods donated from ones personal inventory into the guilds treasury?
This is already being counted now, so yes.

DeletedUser

My only feedback regarding this new ranking system is that the ranking pts for goods are imbalanced. Everyone who is looking to improve their ranking will be trading their goods down as much as possible and then dump them into the treasury. There needs to be a bigger gap of points between the different ages. That's all.

While I think you are correct in this I also think there is a sliver lining here. this will potentially make it far easier for lower age players to get some higher age goods because big players might be willing to trade down at a slight discount if it still gets them the goods they want to get more points. Everyone can win here, higher players get more points and lower players get better goods :)

Tanmay11

Regent
question @byeordie , @Zarok Dai today's announcement(1.69) says "preparation for ranking recalculation" what does that mean? is recalculation still incomplete or he meant it for live servers?

Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

question @byeordie , @Zarok Dai today's announcement(1.69) says "preparation for ranking recalculation" what does that mean? is recalculation still incomplete or he meant it for live servers?
I think it's just backend stuff for live servers, so it's ready to go when the change actually takes place. You'd probably want Zarok's answer if you want the official response though.
Note we are currently on 1.70 on beta, so this wouldn't be for our current situation anyways.

DeletedUser4295

Is there any point now in using a reno kit on a Shrine of Knowledge? You'll get the Forge Point anyway, and the extra coins will count for nothing.

In a similar vein, is there any point now in having a King or Queen or a Haunted House in your city?