• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Not another event...

DeletedUser

Hey all,
Usually I'm happy with the distraction caused by events, even though they usually follow the same pattern with the same sort of quests. Up until now I've done them with pleasure.

However, of late I'm getting my fill of them. There's been the one for Thanksgiving, then we had one because of the unfortunate passing-away of Anwar, then the Christmas one, the Martin Luther King one, then the Valentine's one and now we get one for the 29th of February? That's six events within less than three months.

It's a bit much and then I'm not even talking about the chaos around the Christmas one.

For me the point is that the quests keep asking me to build things I really don't need anymore (okay, I can get around that), but for me the biggest problem is the demanded progress on the map.
The Christmas one had me progress very fast there, when the quest line was mixed up, and I had to scout and complete two provinces - well if you're unlucky that can even happen when nothing is mixed up. However, the Martin Luther King quest asked me to scout & complete another province, the Valentine's did too and I can only assume that this new event will do so once more. I've still got provinces I can scout, but I can see people running out of those too.

When I have to progress faster on the map then I can get goods for research, it means that at a certain point I won't be able to train the troops I need to conquer sectors (often required by a quest) as I haven't unlocked them yet. Sometimes you can get these sectors peacefully - but the same problem occurs then: if I haven't unlocked the research for the needed factories yet nor have unlocked the boosts, how on earth will I be able to get the goods I need for negotiation? Not to mention the research itself; with so many events and not enough goods to unlock that research, that's difficult in itself.

So I can't keep up with that pace. Which means I'll probably have to pass on this event for there's a good chance I simply won't make it to the end. That will be for the first time in about four years, and it saddens me.

Hope this thread will make the devs think about the amount of events. It's good to have them, they're fun and give you something else to do. But if it means there are so many of them that you can't complete them anymore, they've outrun their purpose. Then they're no longer a nice distraction, but a burden.

Cheers ^^

DeletedUser4446

There's nothing wrong with the amount of events. I applaud the introduction of these short story line events. It's a great way to kill the boredom for those who are at the end of the game. And for progressing players, it gives some helpful rewards.
I agree that the province related quests are the most difficult, and can cause problems for some. But that can never be a reason to cut down on the amount of events. I feel it would sadden many more players if these events would suddenly cease to exist.

Maybe they can find some original quests to put in there? Instead of always the same type of things. Build this, conquer that, recruit this, delete that... surely there must be more they can think of.

BestWarrior

Baronet
There's nothing wrong with the amount of events. I applaud the introduction of these short story line events. It's a great way to kill the boredom for those who are at the end of the game. And for progressing players, it gives some helpful rewards.
I agree that the province related quests are the most difficult, and can cause problems for some. But that can never be a reason to cut down on the amount of events. I feel it would sadden many more players if these events would suddenly cease to exist.

Maybe they can find some original quests to put in there? Instead of always the same type of things. Build this, conquer that, recruit this, delete that... surely there must be more they can think of.

That's exactly what i've said about the Valentine's Event, it's not the events itself, but the sort of questions in all those events, repeated over and over again...

Tanmay11

Regent
as midas said earlier its a great way to kill time for us who have finished FE.

also quests are all about being challenged to do things......if they give everything easy, then there's no fun in it.
Stop whining for everything lol;)

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Very good are the short events
But the shipment had to be for everyone as easily or difficult
if I am wrong here is for tests
if all players .. RUN ends all technologies, map of continent
then who will do the tests in smaller seasons
If there are problems with upgrades ...?
Sorry for the English is by automatic translation

DeletedUser4446

So now we know that the login screen tells us a bit about the events that are still to come.
We can see Martin Luther King, Pope Gregory, and Columbus' ship.

What else is there?

My guesses:

Jules Verne (hot air balloon)
Alexander Graham Bell (telephone)
Neil Armstrong / Apollo Program (Saturn V space rocket)
Wright Brothers (airplane)
Philo Farnsworth (television)
James Watt (steam engine)
Anna Pavlova (ballet dancer)
Leonardo Da Vinci (anatomy drawings)
and maybe M.C. Escher?

Anything else?

DeletedUser4375

Marie Curie (atomic fission)
Louis Pasteur (vaccination)
bejard (ballet dancer)
daft punk (electronic music)

agramer66

Steward
Pen-Dragon, you must not forget, this is beta, we all get free diamonds, but on main servers dias have to be bought, so if Inno can make you run a bit too far and than get in problems with research, you can always buy some diamonds and solve all your problems (and Innos too... :)). That's what events are for, not just for your amusement...
So enjoy those events here, and use it to decide which events to do in your main world...

DeletedUser

Thanks for all the response!

First of all, @Tanmay11, I'm not whining and never did, so watch what you say - I do think you'll have to admit that two events a month (as is the average over the past three months now) is a bit much. Hardly one has finished and another one starts. It may be a good thing for "those of you who have finished FE", but let me ask: how many of the players actually did that already? The top 1%? I believe this is where all the side quests came in, to give people something to do. I didn't realise the events were introduced to keep just the top players happy.

And @midas89, I can't really say that these events offer very helpful rewards either: a few goods, some supplies and some coins. Yes, there's the odd portrait and sometimes a nice building.

And @Makaro, that's true, and I'm happy with my diamonds, but I really don't want to spend them all on these events here ;). It's a good idea you have too, but for me it doesn't help since I'm no longer active on the other servers, just here now ^^.

That said, I love quests and events and I've always done them. I want to complete my collection of all the extra portraits and buildings, and that is why I will try to do so now as well. It's also very nice to learn something about history - even though this game may not really be the place for that.

That doesn't change the fact that by releasing so many events in such a short time, people will run out of possibilities to complete them for whatever reason, whether it's the progress on the map, in the research tree, or because they've simply run out of goods (now if these were normal quests, you'd have time to gather enough materials or would have enough time to train enough and the right troops. That is not the case here: there's a strict time limit, here on beta even more so than on the regular servers).

It's not really eventful either, is it, if there's always an event. This way they might become part of the boredom that people here just wanted to avoid. Just saying :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanmay11

Regent
First of all, @Tanmay11, I'm not whining and never did, so watch what you say - I do think you'll have to admit that two events a month (as is the average over the past three months now) is a bit much. Hardly one has finished and another one starts. It may be a good thing for "those of you who have finished FE", but let me ask: how many of the players actually did that already? The top 1%? I believe this is where all the side quests came in, to give people something to do. I didn't realise the events were introduced to keep just the top players happy.
you can always skip the event if you want, no one is forcing you to do it.

I can't really say that these events offer very helpful rewards either
we're getting a reno kit at the end...its one of the most wanted stuffs in the game other than rogue hideout and champ retreat.

DeletedUser

Hey Tanmay, of course I can skip the event :D
However, that's not the purpose of an event, which is a special thing for all players to take part in. And as I already said, I like them and I want to do them. There are just too many of late which means there's a good chance I won't be able to complete them anymore as I'm running out of provinces I can already scout & take, and the same goes for the research tree. Diamonds are not solving that problem either.

And you're right, I surely would like to have that renovation kit at the end of this particular event... Most of the rewards aren't that very helpful though, even if I like collecting them.

Just wondering though, for those of you who have really arrived at the very end of the map, how do you complete those quests that ask you to scout & infiltrate & negotiate & complete a province? Are they auto-completed then, or do you just not get them?
If not, does that mean you can't get the end-reward anyway? Would be kinda odd.
And if they are, I'm really happy for you, but it would be a bit harsh on those people who can't get any further there at this particular time, but haven't fully completed the map yet.

edit:
Just read here that these quests are indeed auto-completed for these players. No wonder high-end players don't mind these events ;)

Edit 2
Perhaps it's better to continue this discussion in the Leap Year/Pope Gregory XIII Event - thread :D, so this thread can be closed ^^

Tanmay11

Regent
Just wondering though, for those of you who have really arrived at the very end of the map, how do you complete those quests that ask you to scout & infiltrate & negotiate & complete a province? Are they auto-completed then, or do you just not get them?
yes map and tech related quests auto-complete for those who have done map and tech

but they have started adding some additional tasks like spend xyz amount of fps/gather goods so most of them don't auto complete.

LphCqWx.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ah yes, I just noticed that in the official feedback thread of this event too.
Honestly, I much rather have those additional tasks than the map quests, which can be really hard to complete for the reasons I already mentioned. I feel they're a bit fairer too, as in, more equal to everyone.

DeletedUser5769

i do like events, they make a game a bit more interesting
but i do agree with pen-dragon; they are too easy for some (ie those at the end of tech) or too hard for others, at the beginning of age or if you're done with your age map
for valentines event, quests were mixed, not sure at exact order, but i had to scout to infiltrate and get the province in order to scout again and get another province at the end... and for majority of FE players all of those got auto completed
and yay, they added another quest now so they will have to spend WHOLE 7 FPs!!! omg! how they gonna manage that, i wonder? :rolleyes:
sorry, got into a bit sarky mood....
but my point is, yes to events, NO to stupid repeatable useless map related quests (at least not 5 of them)
i know this is asking too much, but has anyone ever considered making event quest dificulty by age you're in?
for example: collect 500 coins is same for BA and FE - it is a bit harder to get 500 coins when you're just starting the game
or was that so long ago that everyone forgot it?

Tanmay11

Regent
i really hate when ppl try to demonize Higher aged players.....they talk as if its been a cakewalk, if its so easy, why don't u get there yourself?:mad:

one thing you always forget is players that have finished tech have been at you stage too....but instead of whinging for every stupid thing..they did all the quests!

Miepie

Baronet
i really hate when ppl try to demonize Higher aged players.....they talk as if its been a cakewalk, if its so easy, why don't u get there yourself?:mad:

one thing you always forget is players that have finished tech have been at you stage too....but instead of whinging for every stupid thing..they did all the quests!

I totally agree with Pen-Dragon and I'm at the end of my tech on my main server. These little events are much too easy for players who are finished with tech and continent and you never were in a situation you got a new event every month whilst you were still growing. A little bit of empathy goes a long way.

DeletedUser7090

i know this is asking too much, but has anyone ever considered making event quest dificulty by age you're in? for example: collect 500 coins is same for BA and FE - it is a bit harder to get 500 coins when you're just starting the game
or was that so long ago that everyone forgot it?

Aiding only 25 players x 20 coins per aid = 500 coins. Sounds super easy to me. Not to mention the Bronze Age town hall produces 500 coins daily. Not seeing why this is so hard.

DeletedUser

How demonize? That's your words - and up until now I managed fine, thank you. Did all quests and all events too. And no, you haven't been at our stage. You never got six events in three months' time, that is new.
And now that we do, you're not hurt by it as you've completed the map already and don't have to do these quests anymore. Of course it's not easy to get at your point - but it's also not easy to be at our point in this situation. Try and think of that.

and Girl412 made a strong point: because of the quest order you sometimes have to scout & complete more than one province as well, making things twice as hard. It would be helpful if the "complete a province" quest wasn't in there - it's fine to have to infiltrate, negotiate and even to take one or two more sectors. But a whole province? That's a bit much.

DeletedUser5769

never demonized anything, just saying it's booooring...
you had more then half of the quest auto completed, tell me what was so good about that?
i bet you were super annoyed you couldn't finish the event in 1 hr, instead you had to wait for 24 hrs to get another quest
but then came a whole new event and you were done in... how long? 1 hr?
so i guess you're ready for another one
don't worry, easter is just around the corner
i wonder will we get another quest to infiltrate, then scout, then negotiate then win a province, probably should add few fight and win encounters just for the fun of it.................

and as for 500 coins, yes, my bad
i forgot about town hall and that aiding gives 20 coins
also the quest was to PAY 500 coins and 500 sups
how much is that for person just starting and person long finished with tech, still the same?
may as well be done with auto complete.........

Tanmay11

Regent
How demonize? That's your words - and up until now I managed fine, thank you. Did all quests and all events too. And no, you haven't been at our stage. You never got six events in three months' time, that is new.
And now that we do, you're not hurt by it as you've completed the map already and don't have to do these quests anymore. Of course it's not easy to get at your point - but it's also not easy to be at our point in this situation. Try and think of that.
you are making an assumption that i play only on one world, fyi i am in Colonial Age in en1