• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

2014 Beta Wishes - 1 wish per tester

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5253

My wish would be for a 'special' building that provides an attack bonus.

We currently have the Monastery, Tiger's Den, and WatchFires that give defensive bonuses, but I would like to see a special building that provides attack an attack bonus. I understand that certain military buildings provide attack bonuses in CE, but those don't really stack up against players who have 400+ % defensive bonus because of all the Watchfires they have purchased (olay6000 in US2).

I think a +20% attack bonus special building would be a great idea for an ending prize on a bonus map in Colonial or ME+, since Industrial Age has a bonus map already. I then think, similar to the Watchfire, a 1x1 with a +4% attack bonus available only through special events would balance the game out better.

I personally feel that GvG is a waste of time and resources, so my wish is solely focused on the core game.

Thank you.

DeletedUser5604

I wish you could create a toolbox to manage the acting of my defence if anybody is attacking my city, as well as:
- troops move slow/ fast forward
- don't attack rogue in the first/ second move or ignore rouge until end of fight
- first attack fast, heavy, light units
This could be done at the settings menue.
Koko

DeletedUser

I would like the Guild treasury improved so that the volumes of each goods which each player donates with monthly totals are identified to Guild Founders, as a minimum, or preferably visible to all Guild members, with players receiving points towards their overall score for goods donated based on the Age to which the goods refer. This would help to reward those who prefer not to fight to be recognized for their contribution to their Guild's success.

DeletedUser6032

I really like the new "aid-button" but to make it even more helpfull you could integrate a "happiness-check" after motivating shrine etc, so that the cities always get enough polish. That's my wish :)

DeletedUser6031

PLEASE - PLEASE GIVE US A SMALL BUILDING TO PUT OUR WATCH-FIRES IN - OR AT LEAST SOME OF THEM! iN A WELL-PLANNED CITY WITH NO WASTED SPACE IT CAN BE A REAL NUISANCE TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO PUT THEM - EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE IMPORTANT!
THE SAME WITH THE VICTORY TOWERS PLEASE!

DeletedUser

Please grey out the aid button when there is nothing to polivate, thank you.

Mithrandir

Merchant
I would like to see plundering limited to only when you attack and not for a 24hr window

Also I think it would be a good idea when M/P you get a random reward of coin or supplies

DeletedUser4403

▌PRISONERS OF WAR ▌
This game attempts to be historically "accurate" with available armies, buildings, and such for a given historical age/era in time.

Throughout history, military forces captured, and even enslaved, fallen enemies and in earlier ages, used these people to then fight in their own armies. Current military forces routinely capture Prisoners of War for interrogation or imprisonment.

This idea could boost Neighborhood battles moreso, be incorporated someway into GvG and definitley boost up PvP activity.

I propose an addition to the age, old "sabotage/plunder" button when defeating another player's city. Name it what you wish, but add another option to "capture POW" as another choice available.

The rules, benefits, disadvantages, and risks involved can be debated, changed and tweaked if implemented, but my idea is basically thus:

Attack and defeat a defending army, you have the option to capture some of that player's population.
The amount can be debated, but for the sake of argument let's say 10%.
A stone aged player with Huts would potentially lose *1* person off one of their huts and an icon could be added to the building (like the Plunder one now)
A contemporary player with waterfronts could lose 181 population.
Limits could be imposed on this for the sake of fairness to all in how many buildings could be captured so players could still play sucesfully or no limit at all. A limit of maximum 10 buildings would equal 10 maximum lost population for said Stone aged player..

For the defeated player, this loss of population means that, if they do not have available population left (i.e. negative population), they cannot add further buildings that require population until they add more or "free" their POWs (see below of freeing POWs).

For the victor, this could go multiple ways depending on the views of others and how they wish to implement:
1) Gained POWs are added to victor's city population giving them a boost in overall population that they could use for any reason that population required. Same as the defeated player, however, if a tyrant uses this feature as a way to have added population, if they are to *lose* that population (see freeing POWs again below) and then go negative, they too cannot build any further buildings requiring population and as a penalty, be forced to *remove* buildings that they used captured population to build.
2) Captured population could be housed within Alcatraz Great Buildings to be re-used as military troops for the victor much like Iron-Middle age armies captured, ensalved, and reused POWs for their fighting forces in real life. Penalties for using this feature could be implemented as wel such as:
Victor loses captured POWs already used in battle, player is forced to recruit new military units and immediately loses them in repayment to the other player.

Again, much like in real life special forces strike teams sent in darkness to free an enemy POW camp and rescue imprisoned countrymen and women, there should be a retaliatory feature implemented as well.

My idea is that this is a permanent loss of population (again, possible maximum loss of 10 citizens for that Stone aged player) until the POWs are free'd and returned to a players city. Currently, we have the option in Event History to watch a replay of attacks on your city and also a "retaliate" button.

1)Either there could be an additional button in event history allowing one to attempt to free their lost POWs or...
2)Open this up to all players wanting to be a hero and add another button in additon to Sabotage, Capture, and now Free POW available in a defeated players city after battle. With this option, any given player could lose population in captured POWs, but also any given player could retaliate and free a tyrants entire POW camp returning lost population to all players affected.

How this would be included in GvG, I have not thought of quite yet... Perhaps if XX population is adding to a guild's Alactraz buildings, these POWs could be used for free defense in a given sector. If POWs are lost, those defense armies are immediately deleted and the above rules apply?

With an implementation like this, I would expect there to be a number of "..... ......" type tyrant players to take full advantage and grossly boost their population, military, and/or defense.

There MUST be severe penalties put in place for the common player to be able rise up against this evil tyrant and bring him before a global court of hero type players with their special forces strike teams to be tried, judged, and his/her city/guild/sectors be overtaken and burned to the ground for his/her mistreatment of all.

I forsee neighborhoods rallying together and guilds banding together in a new/fresh way to boost their cities, their guilds, and their number of sectors in GvG, not to mention another angle in attack/defense strategy as well if successfully implemented into GvG.

Other than all that, are we going to be able to hunt, trap, capture, feed, and/or intereact in any way with all these little critters running around the outskirts of our cities in a future update?!? If not, no reason to add them if we cannot. Add that too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5729

My Winter Wish is to have a Siege Calendar feature added to either the forum or messaging system. It would allow members with Trusted rights to Schedule or Cancel Sieges. The Siege Calendar would send out an initial message to all or selected members inviting them to the scheduled siege. It would also send automatic reminders to the guild via messaging.

Ideally, you would choose via drop down menu:
1) Date & time of the siege
2) Map/Age for siege
3) Reminder Schedule (i.e. 24 hrs, 4 hrs, 1 hr, 15 min) with option for multiple reminders.

It would awesome if members could respond by accepting, declining or indicate "tentative" to the invitation. These responses would not generate a message back to the player scheduling the meeting. But would be indicated somehow in the Siege Calendar which would list the attendees and those who have declined. As you can tell, I am pretty much describing something like Outlook's calendar for scheduling meetings. I imagine that we can't get all of the features described, but I figured I would throw it out there and see what is possible.

DeletedUser5095

Helljus´s one and only wish:

Quote from another player here in beta: "Have you ever tried to find ordinary Rogues in a sea of unattached?"
Insert the ability to only show ordinary units temporary with a button like this:

unatt.jpg

DeletedUser4421

A new feature to the game - Challenge another player to combat!

The challenge could work like this:
•1 Clicking on a player name would have an additional option to “Challenge” in the pop-list.
•2 The player would be sent an event notice, and the opponent would have the option to accept. Only one challenge could be issued at a time, it must be accepted, declined, or rescinded.
•3 If accepted, both opponents choose an army from any existing troops, not relevant to age of opponents, all attack and defense bonuses apply, as in current battle procedure.
•4 Battle begins on random terrain, and follows the game's battle procedure.
•5 Each opponent would have the option to abort or surrender, as in current battle procedure.
•6 Should the battle become interrupted, each player would have the option to resume battle, as in current battle procedure.
•7 No score or option to plunder would be awarded to the victor, this ensures that battles could not be forfeited for profit to the victor.
•8 Troop losses and casualties during combat would be effective to armies at the end of battle, as in current battle procedure.
•9 The challenge would not be relevant to any 24 hour attack/polish/motivate timer, a challenge could be initiated or repeated immediately and consecutively.

This feature would have no positive effect on any player’s city, only an ego boost for the victor, the result would be a negative effect on the player’s army by injuring troops. With no positive rewards, there is no possibility of cheating the game. The challenge would have the similar characteristics of playing a live game of chess against another player; it would add a new optional method of spending time in the game, now that the AID button has made time less valuable.

DeletedUser5933

Hello,
my wish is :
to be able to store in my inventory any building, workwhop goods, barracks and decoration, then later take them to put in my city without payment and time, please :)
felinebleue

DeletedUser

Technical amendment to make GB pushing impossible or clear and transparent rules for this issue. As we all well know, all the arbitrary lockouts on the live servers is the MAIN PROBLEM with FoE / Inno Games.

DeletedUser5787

My biggest wish is that we can bring the fun and thrills back to GvG. Please give us the right to delete our HQ and be able to pick up and move to another location on the map, should we wish. Let us have up to 4 times a day that we can drop that tile. But PLEASE give us some options again and don't hold us hostage to have to stay put where there are many times we need to move away.

DeletedUser4741

My wish is that a don't have to search anymore in the army management screen to look out for my own troops between all those independent from my alcatraz.

DeletedUser6035

Hello, I wish that we can store our buildings in the inventory, sometimes we resign very good buildings because we need the space in the city... The time of reconstruction should be the same than the construction time. Thanks

DeletedUser5791

I would LOVE to collect all goods, supplies and coins using just ONE button and this be for free, not for the diamonds.
On all the servers if course.
Imagine collecting it for 1 diamond or for free, and also be able to set the production not only for the supplies buildings but also for the goods building and military building just in one window and all in one click...
This would accelerate our happiness while playing the game.
Thank you.

chlievik

trayk

Steward
Put the fighting back in GVG!!!

Its ALL about the fights, not who can get the sectors first then they get to sit on them forever!! Allow us to drop the HQ sector again. Mobility is the key to keeping GVG alive.

DeletedUser4130

My Wish.

Change GVG. Its boring after all sectors have been taken.
Examples: Make all border sectors landing zones, even those surrounding hills/mountains.
All siege costs 100 of each good.
Protection after taking a sector is based on the number of defence units. Each defence unit added gives 3hrs protection from attacks, to a max of 24hrs protection for a full defence.
Reset GVG maps every 2-3 months with a bonus given to each guild based on their power income/sectors held.

Status
Not open for further replies.