• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected QI Age advances as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayZika

Farmer
Reason
A lot of people don't like rebuilding the QI settlement over and over, it is the biggest complaint about the new feature. So what about keeping your settlement, but having to upgrade it to the next age?
Details
Every 14 days, when QI restarts, you get to keep your city, resources and expansions, but the goods have no more utility and the units are obsolete. Buildings from higher ages should give more resources, and the QI map should become progressively harder to account for that. If you leave your guild, your settlement is gone. if you join another guild by the end of the quantum season, you will have to face difficulties as your settlement will be brand new in a age that expects the player to already have quite a big city.
Balance
This change would require a rebalancement of costs and rewards, as well as the addition of a lot of new buildings and units, but those are already in the game, outside of QI. As of today, the game probably wants to release one new age of QI every now and then, forever. this would reduce the number of possible updates to QI sixfold. but it would make it more appealing.
Abuse Prevention
I dont think this change would introduce new exploits.
Summary
To be fair, this is a vision based on QI just having one age as of today. it will get better in the future. But i cant expect the majority of the playerbase to keep starting new settlements from scratch every 14 days, for years and years to come. even with cities of different ages, people will get bored. The fact that the starting city is so small that is claustrophobic doesnt help. not resetting expansions every 14 days makes it better. yes people like build mechanics, but to make big cities.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
did not see anything like this
Since each season has 6 periods, we would have a QI starting on Iron Age / ending on Industrial Age, as well as other periods that would be launched in the future, like Progressive Age to Future.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

NayZika

Farmer
What happens with new players during a championship and how would changing guilds be handled?
lets say you play QI for the iron age and early middle age. if you change guilds (or if you just joined one), you have to start a new city from zero, but in high middle age. the initial resources should be the same for any age that you start (starting goods and units can be converted to the current age). starting from 0 in the upper ages should be more difficult, but possible. tier 1 buildings should be cheap no matter the age, and produce more than the tier 3 buildings from the previous age, to encourage players to keep updating ther cities.

lets say you play QI for the iron age and early middle age. if you change guilds (or if you just joined one), you have to start a new city from zero, but in high middle age. the initial resources should be the same for any age that you start (starting goods and units can be converted to the current age). starting from 0 in the upper ages should be more difficult, but possible. tier 1 buildings should be cheap no matter the age, and produce more than the tier 3 buildings from the previous age, to encourage players to keep updating ther cities.
You missed the point of the question.
Neo Colossus and other QI building are related to the specific incursion.
The championship reward is also related to it.

So what happen when there are multiple options. Do you get separate championship for each? If a guild participate in some incursion in one and in other in a different one, what happen? Two reward according to two rankings?

CrashBoom

Legend
Neo Colossus and other QI building are related to the specific incursion.
The championship reward is also related to it.

are they really releated to a season ?
and not related to a specific championship (like in GBG) ?

we have 1 incursion age in the first championship
so we actually don't know what is reletated ;)

and in the future we will be able to play different ages in one championship

NayZika

Farmer
Yes, i dont know how the game will handle rewards for different QI ages. In my suggestion, the QI selection by a quantum officer would only occur in the first incursion of the season, so there is no inconsistency with different types of rewards. i guess i forgot to put this in the suggestion details

are they really releated to a season ?
and not related to a specific championship (like in GBG) ?

we have 1 incursion age in the first championship
so we actually don't know what is reletated ;)

and in the future we will be able to play different ages in one championship
When the Incursion start the Neo building icon appear associated with the selection.
I suppose this means that different choices will have different buildings.

I have no idea how that is handled in the the championship reward. I'm not sure Inno though it throu.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have no idea how that is handled in the the championship reward. I'm not sure Inno though it throu.
Probably with epic selection kits. With such it doesn't matter whatever Q-age the guild has chosen to persuade at any given moment.
It's plausible the neon-buildings from progress milestones depend in whatever Q-age the milestone has been reached.

It's plausible the neon-buildings from progress milestones depend in whatever Q-age the milestone has been reached.
That would mean that if you start in Basilisk (IA, Neo Colossus) and then switch to a new one in the middle of the championship the building associated in the new one will appear in pass and chapmionship reward.
It might work for for milestone in the pass you didn't reach yet, but it is a nightmare to represent correctly for those you already cleared.

And the representation in chapmionship is prone to misunderstanding. Since the selection of the sixth and last incursion is the only one that actually matter in this scenario.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
That would mean that if you start in Basilisk (IA, Neo Colossus) and then switch to a new one in the middle of the championship the building associated in the new one will appear in pass and chapmionship reward.
It might work for for milestone in the pass you didn't reach yet, but it is a nightmare to represent correctly for those you already cleared.

And the representation in chapmionship is prone to misunderstanding. Since the selection of the sixth and last incursion is the only one that actually matter in this scenario.
The information could be stored till the championship has been completed. Handing out epic kits as milestone rewards would be somewhat too easy to reap the benefits of higher QI "ages."

Regardless of chosen incursion, if selection kits from championship rewards have become an epic selection kit. Having epic selection kits with the base building and basic neon upgrades alongside epic kits with the silver and golden upgrades ain't that different compared to existing epic kits. With the "bonus" neon-buildings epic kits could work too. That way it doesn't matter what incursion was chosen and how often during the championship. Members of victorious guilds can choose whatever they want from the epic kits won from the championship. That way it doesn't matter what the guild has chosen for incursions.
However I can imagine every age "up" in the incursions giving better ranking rewards. Encouraging competitive guilds to push for the highest possible incursion "age."

In indy age all of the houses are 3x2 so you're already starting out disadvantaged compared to staying in colonial or restarting to IA with 2x2's though. The decos and supplies buildings are all over the place so they'd have to modify the productions to make it worth staying in the same guild (essentially) for months.

I'd like to see other ages even the space settlements. I don't care if the reward buildings stay the same, I've only got pocket change of upgrades even after 500 actions. It'd take years to even get one kit!

QI is a total mess as it is without complicating it further by adding more ages. If they cannot get the basics right, why screw it up even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.