• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Settlement: Polynesia

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
For the main city, Rival Challenges are there.

For settlements, bring Emperor Challenges. Please consider this thought. I don't expect a mini event, but expecting ridiculous challenging quests with respect to settlements.

Anyways, music for this settlement is my favorite. Gives me different vibe.

I think the houses/goods buildings should have smiles built in and the decos providing other boosts such as small shells/supplies or goods. That way there is incentive to have the decos in the city longer than just to fufill the research requirement. The limit is simply space, you can't make too many goods because you can only build so much.

Also other developments had a minigame (fighting, negging, minesweeper) to gain more goods every day, that was disappointing that we didn't get that here. So the development of the city is slow and not very interesting. I looked forward to the fights in egypt, I looked forward to playing minesweeper in the aztecs. Theres literally nothing different than doing this settlement and doing QI or another settlement - sit and wait to collect. I know surfing didn't really gain popularity until the 1950's, but it has a long history in polynesia. I was hoping this would be the minigame of this settlement.

Cave painting from the 12th Century show people riding on waves. In the course of seafarings, Polynesians brought surfing to Hawaii and the sport went viral. Surfing in Hawaii wasn't only a sport but also an important part of the religion.

shad2389

Viceroy
we used to get diamonds every time we tested stuff not anymore did'nt get diamonds for testing the setelment

Basharael

Farmer
I'm annoyed as it is the same as usual (plus different production times),

in the announcement thread to the new settlements somebody had the idea to not always start over the settlement but earn the rewards while playing an even bigger one but 13 times longer, just that would make a difference that would make it worth to try

nice2haveu

Baronet
For the main city, Rival Challenges are there.

For settlements, bring Emperor Challenges. Please consider this thought. I don't expect a mini event, but expecting ridiculous challenging quests with respect to settlements.

Anyways, music for this settlement is my favorite. Gives me different vibe.
It maybe given as additional feature, but having settlement specific mini game will be more logical and more interesting one.
I just turn on the music inside settlement to check, yeah it is good but myself usually kept music on mute for many reasons while playing the game.

Problem: One thing I'm going to bring up now that I'm further in the tech tree: the deco items do not increase in value to size. The 1x1 is 6 smiles, but the 2x3 next in line is 6 squares and only 33 smiles so only 5.5 smiles per square??? Why would I ever build the 2x3?????????

It's kind of curious how the 1x3 is also 33 smiles, did someone honestly drop the ball on the dance studio?

But then the cooking studio is 12 squares and 130 smiles, that's even less smiles per square than the 1x3 before it?

Solution: The decos should increase in smile per square efficiency the more research is required, ideally in a linear fashion.
ex: 1x1 = 6 smiles (currently), 2x3 = 42 smiles, 1x3 = 33 smiles, 3x4 = 180 smiles, 2x3 = 98 smiles (currently)

I am now also noticing that there are smiles for the later non-goods buildings in the tree and may have gotten confused while doing my last post on why the efficiency was lower on some buildings.

Good on you inno but that 3x5 at the end of the tree deserves a solid 500 smiles just to place it since it's so large. :p

GateKeeper

Baronet
Its been said, but just trying to pour it on... so someone listens...

This settlement is BORING. A huge step backwards in the settlements progression in which they were getting better. We are back to the original Vikings boring settlement here. The 5 and 10 hours, is just making it worse in this case,

not much else to say. you know that players will have to play it to get the QI bonuses, but that doesn't mean that this was a good idea for a settlement, its just a repainted Vikings Settlement.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Let's also not forget that all cultural settlement rewards getting buffed. So, in QI everyone's army, if they have those buildings, gonna get much stronger in a few days.