• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Update Castle Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveler64

Squire
Reason
Outdated and insignificant rewards.
Details
Changes to the existing rewards given by the castle system.
Balance
Low - moderate impact.
Abuse Prevention
Diamond players may have an edge, but others can catch up through normal playing which also gives castle points.
Summary
Increase the rewards given by the castle system, such as attack and defense percentages, and daily reward box.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Now that settlement buildings are getting an upgrade, it may be time to update the rewards from the Castle System as well.

As an example, it provides 60% attack and defence at Level 20, which is not sufficient to win a battle in GBG at 0 attrition without losing troops. Why not increase it significantly, especially as it takes extremely long to go up in levels after the first few.

For the first 3 levels the combined attack and defence percentage is 6 which makes no difference at all, it would be nice to have it higher (e.g. 30%) so that new players can benefit from it.

The rewards from the daily chests could be improved as well.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Traveler64

Squire
you must be kidding
how can 3 expansions be outdated and insignificant

:rolleyes:
I knew someone would come up with such a comment and considered editing that line, but it is not possible. The first sentence is not the entire idea, there are multiple sentences that follow with an explanation at the bottom.

While posting a new idea the explanation is what is typed first, and then comes the reason. Unfortunately when it is submitted the explanation jumps to the bottom and the reason comes up first.

I knew someone would come up with such a comment and considered editing that line, but it is not possible. The first sentence is not the entire idea, there are multiple sentences that follow with an explanation at the bottom.

While posting a new idea the explanation is what is typed first, and then comes the reason. Unfortunately when it is submitted the explanation jumps to the bottom and the reason comes up first.
But you missed the point that the settlement upgrade is ALSO an upgrade to the castle system. The castle system provide extra slot for emissary, which are included in the upgrade

Traveler64

Squire
But you missed the point that the settlement upgrade is ALSO an upgrade to the castle system. The castle system provide extra slot for emissary, which are included in the upgrade
How is that going to improve the daily reward box or the attack and defense percentages offered by the castle system?

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Unfortunately when it is submitted the explanation jumps to the bottom and the reason comes up first.
Guessing like, it might be a forum improvement. I felt that too when creating ideas now.

Whatever, giving my vote for seeing some new rewards atleast after anniversary event in live.

Sl8yer

Regent
What Not To Suggest?

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these. However, the threads pertaining to these ideas will be kept open in an attempt to foster healthy discussion and debate.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:

• Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.
  • Changes to existing rewards.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
What Not To Suggest?

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these. However, the threads pertaining to these ideas will be kept open in an attempt to foster healthy discussion and debate.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:

• Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.
  • Changes to existing rewards.
That's very informative.

How we are going to tell rewards are very much ancient and make the team get the attention on it. It's like wishing for a day when the team makes the change in rewards automatically with new additions. Till that, don't suggest since it will affect the ego of few forum members and FoE team.

Traveler64

Squire
If something is DNSL, isn't there a report button for it and isn't it the job of mods to call something DNSL and pointing this out before closing the topic?
Are you now suggesting they report my idea!? Noooooo. I wish they would release a new version of FoE altogether.. "FoE Revamp"/ 2.0 where all the ancient buildings and features are upgraded to match the current stats and expectations.

There must be a reason they decided to pick out the settlements and upgrade those buildings, maybe they invested a lot into it or they generated a lot of revenue when they were released, whatever. But I'm guessing the castle system should also be a huge revenue generator because it literally signifies that. So it may be time to give that one an upgrade.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
There must be a reason they decided to pick out the settlements and upgrade those buildings, maybe they invested a lot into it or they generated a lot of revenue when they were released, whatever. But I'm guessing the castle system should also be a huge revenue generator because it literally signifies that. So it may be time to give that one an upgrade.

They likely chose the Settlements because:
  • You can only obtain 1 of each building. So the effects of updating it are consistent, measurable and therefore far more predictable
  • Anyone can complete them at any time of the year very early on in their gameplay. It's not something you'd have to wait for a specific Event to come round to obtain
  • They're not (directly) competing against other things

But back to your proposal. The Castle Rewards could use updating I agree

Thunderdome

Emperor
Current Rewards =/= The Effort

I hardly paid attention to the Castle Rewards as they are just mere chump change. You have to endure months (or even years) of CP gathering to just get the mediocre rewards they give out when you level. A person can put thousands of dollars on this game and still get the shaft. Oh look, a Rogue Hideout and Shrink Kit... wait, I already have one shrunk in the city, guess it goes into the AD. A wishing well, you say? Stays in the inventory for the time being until something new comes about them (and I got like 56 or so of them shrunk sitting in my inventory with more waiting to head there as soon as I can get more store building items).

If you like mediocre chump change that a toddler would like (and today's tots want more than just a quarter), then call out DNSL. However, if you want to see that bad boy strapped to a 747 jumbo with the engines of a Concorde, then it's time that FoE gets a nice overhaul for the many things that are due. Especially when they put out buildings and things that already gave us that.

CrashBoom

Legend
Current Rewards =/= The Effort
my effort = 0

I play normally and put 0 extra effort into the castle
and already reached level 13 in my main live world

so good that
current rewards isn't = effort :D

Do not worry guys, you must play atleast 13 years to reach level 20 for free. Not joking.
with 5 more expedition levels that will be reduced to less than half :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.