• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
If they do not use 159/160 tactics, then, they are not seriously fighting or they have such agreement not to block each other by 159/160.

When one guild uses 159/160 tactics and the other does not, the guild without use of it would be gradually swep out of the map no matter their guild's power.

The problem of 159/160 is that you have to be watching the map for long time, even full day, and it's tireing. That can be why you'd want to make a agreement not to do so. At the same time this is a main reason why guilds try to swap(, other than farming).

Keep 159/160 as long as you can, never swap unless enemy guilds attack you, don't leave the map unwatched for a single second. This is militarily the strongest method. It needs huge effort for small rewards, and not many guys like that. And so we swap.
There are a lot of competent comments in this thread. But such a deep understanding of the processes that occur in GBG and the techniques that the guilds have developed over the past two years is rare. It's a pity that all this is drowning in a stream of quarrels and flood. And it's a pity that some techniques will not be applicable after the nerf (not this one)

kawada

Marquis
Unfortunately, not the whole player population of a market is represented on forum and in tickets, so supporting feedback with game data is crucial for determining our next development steps. For now we continue gathering data and your feedback and once data is sufficient, we will evaluate it and plan further steps. Until then, please keep on providing feedback, as it is crucial for the further development of Guild Battlegrounds and the whole game! (c) link

meanwhile, number of voting participants is dropping every round.
@Juber Is there a measurement how many new people shared their feedback in round 2 and 3? Are there brand new opinions among those? What is the threshold for "sufficient"?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
meanwhile, number of voting participants is dropping every round.
@Juber Is there a measurement how many new people shared their feedback in round 2 and 3? Are there brand new opinions among those? What is the threshold for "sufficient"?
What is sufficient and what not decide the Game Designer. There is no given threshold.
Also, we collect the data that is necessary and who the players are that vote is not.
And lastly, it is expected that the numbers drop. When something is new, there is a lot of discussion and activity. It is only natural, that this activity decreases. Same goes for everything else. For example, GvG is not nearly discussed as often anymore then when it was introduced.

Owl II

Emperor
Dear Kings and Queen,

Since the start of this test, many questions, especially on how the test is handled arose and we want to communicate these concerns here.

Firstly, we want to point out, that we plan for this change to be tested over several seasons on beta first before we evaluate it and make possible adjustments or bring it to our live markets.
We appreciate your feedback and activity on this topic. We would like to emphasize that both game data and feedback we receive from forums and tickets are important for decision making. Unfortunately, not the whole player population of a market is represented on forum and in tickets, so supporting feedback with game data is crucial for determining our next development steps. For now we continue gathering data and your feedback and once data is sufficient, we will evaluate it and plan further steps. Until then, please keep on providing feedback, as it is crucial for the further development of Guild Battlegrounds and the whole game!
Thank you!
Does anyone understand what this is about? What exactly should we send feedback about? About bugs? Surprisingly, there are none. More precisely, even if the actual attrition differs from the calculated one, we will not understand this. But even if we declare an bug, they will answer that this is how it should be, according to probability theory. What other feedback is needed here?

Owl II

Emperor
And lastly, it is expected that the numbers drop. When something is new, there is a lot of discussion and activity. It is only natural, that this activity decreases. Same goes for everything else. For example, GvG is not nearly discussed as often anymore then when it was introduced.
Well, at least it's frankly. And it's clear now. We just have to stop reacting to this change so that they stop this abuse

-Alin-

Emperor
What is sufficient and what not decide the Game Designer. There is no given threshold.
Also, we collect the data that is necessary and who the players are that vote is not.

Because GvG is mostly dead, InnoGames buried it long ago to stop people complaints about how broken is with players that are using scripts to siege and put DAs in sectors in matter of a blink eye, they came with GbG instead to make people forget about GvG and give chances for both PC and Phone users to play something related to Guild „Wars”.
GbG was very profitable for almost everyone, thats why it is still discussed so often, especially now for nerfing it :p

onclouds

Farmer
INNO did a huge mistake with the 0 attrition thing, and they obviously know they have to change it...
Looke at this: https://prnt.sc/EgGxkhP6-Hai
The only thing many guilds do is to farm in the middle with 0 attrition and block all the other ones with the matchmaking system, its lame! The nerf just comes late, but its never to late to fix a mistake they did, once again hoping for a change by INNO to change the mind of the selfish players in the game atm. Just do it and fix the game.

Kronan

Viceroy
Full disclosure: In the live game, I am GbG and game-tenured and possibly game-emeritus. But here in beta, I am in the Iron Age, and have NOT played (nor are strong enough to do so...) any GbG since I haven't done the TECH track item to turn it on. I have to carefully fight in GE, but do with some success in Difficulty 1. My game HERE in beta is classic because it has to be and it's what I enjoy most - it's about economics and city building.

Remember those two things? That's why I started playing FoE nearly 6 years ago, to begin with.

GbG is (has become) the GAME drug, like ADDED sugar put into all kinds of our different foods where it's never been, so that people continue to buy them.

Once people figured out they could get all their FP from GbG, they flipped their city designs from balanced war/economics to pure war. FP inflation has now occurred, and the classic game balance is almost fully eroded. People are putting all this extra FP into their ARCS, and the list of those on a 180-bound Arc journey grows each day.

I have not read ALL of the 167 (and counting) pages of posts. I think (hope) Inno has, and if so, that's a good thing.

Maybe somewhere in that 167, Inno has hinted or accurately conveyed WHY this change is being considered. I think the user community can accurately guess, because the crumbs of information are very apparent over the last 1.5 years of playing.

Changing the SC/WT math is a big (radical step) to staunch the "runaway train". But here's a bigger one:

Limit or fully STOP allowing AUTO-BATTLE - yup - remove the button and REBALANCE the sector level achievements in the leagues.

@Juber said: "When something is new, there is a lot of discussion and activity."

To his point: GbG will be 3 years old in November, 2022. Now? A lot of people have dropped out of "chasing" it, or are as interested in it. It's much more mundane to many I"ve talked to. It's "vein of game gold" status, which had historical lustre, is dimming. It asked TOO MUCH of my time, so I limit that as a game focus.

While in the minority, I am not a fan of al the fighting this game now has. Maybe the Psychologists on staff have conveyed that "war and fighting" get people to come back and spend money.

Not sure that part is working for me, but I still do love the orginal CORE concept in this game and was very engaged (and spending money, too..) before GbG became everyone's CASH COW.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
How do you do it? Do you see accounts on beta? Do you see accounts in living worlds? It's important, Juber. We could make it easier for you if only you formulated the question correctly. Make simple questionnaire. Maybe just ask for brief information about respondents, about they game and guilds in the living worlds. (or expanded, if you are able to read and use it). We could collaborate on these 200 pages, not flood...

zookeepers

Marquis
they flipped their city designs from balanced war/economics to pure war. FP inflation has now occurred...

This is true. Actually, it WAS. In my live city, I still maintain balanced city producing both 1000+ FP and 1000+ goods purely thru city production + space colony. Meanwhile, I have got to 2000+ attack boost, 1000+ def boost.

Introduction of Stage of Ages have made a change in such balance. Now, we don't have to lower our FP/goods prodiction to reach high troop boost.

People are putting all this extra FP into their ARCS, and the list of those on a 180-bound Arc journey grows each day.

The source of FP is day by day increasing, not only GBG, but the use of it is limited. We get only single new GB per year. Newer GBs like BG, HC and SC are really nice but gives scarce change in levels higher than 91. I hope Inno is aware of and is planning a new target for those overflowing FPs.

Limit or fully STOP allowing AUTO-BATTLE - yup - remove the button and REBALANCE the sector level achievements in the leagues.

Don't say that. With high troop boost, manual fight is just load, click, click, click... load, click, click. It's not even a game. Auto fights are click, click, click.. but still much better.

Well, I do enjoy manual fights. Not in the main city but in the Egyptian Settlement. So if the system goes like this, manual fights can be accepted.

You can choose your enemy from 10 levels. 0 boost to 4000% boosted. By defeating higher level enemy, you and your guild get more points.

BUT, in my opinion, Keen Eye is purely designed for auto fights. It is really boring to manual fight with space age units.

zookeepers

Marquis
Additionally saying...

Some guys converted to not to step up the tech tree and fight in premodern era with the hover tanks. They say this is awsome leading you to real high attrition zones.

But this type of gameplay isn't new at all. Before, we had guys doing endless loop of recurring quests for uncountable rewards. Isn't it similar?

mcbluefire

Baronet
Maybe somewhere in that 167, Inno has hinted or accurately conveyed WHY this change is being considered. I think the user community can accurately guess, because the crumbs of information are very apparent over the last 1.5 years of playing.
Nope. Other than the original announcement's vague pointing at balance, there is nothing.

Players had figured out how to auto-battle without the button and in a balancing response Inno gave everyone the ability. Removing the button would not remove the ability, sadly.

Completely agree that it's the leagues that are broken.